MO - Family Members Arrested for Fake Kidnapping of 6 Yr Old--to Teach Stranger Danger

PastTense

Reaction score
Lincoln County. A 6-year-old boy’s mother, grandmother and aunt are accused of staging a kidnapping, then holding the child for four hours to teach him about “stranger danger.” They hatched the plot to scare the boy because they said he was “too nice” to people, police said. The boy’s mother, Elizabeth Hupp, grandmother, Rose Brewer, and aunt, Denise Kroutil, engaged the help of Nathan Firoved, who worked with Kroutil at a gas station.

Firoved, Brewer, 58, and Kroutil, 38, were charged Thursday with felony kidnapping, felonious restraint, and abuse or neglect of a child. Hupp, 25, was charged with felony kidnapping and abuse or neglect of a child... Police were alerted Wednesday, after the boy told school officials... The school contacted the Division of Family Services.
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_83691380-bf3c-58de-8792-ebbb210ee0ea.html

All those charges are an over-reaction on the part of law enforcement--although there should be some negative consequences. Reactions anyone?

'During his reported ordeal the boy was lured Monday into a pickup after getting off his school bus, tied up, threatened with a gun, taken to a basement where his pants were removed, and told he could be sold into sex slavery, police said.

The boy was told in the truck by Nathan Wynn Firoved, the aunt's co-worker, that he would never "see his mommy again," and he would be "nailed to the wall of a shed," the sheriff's statement said.'...

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/02/05/us/missouri-fake-kidnapping/index.html

Good grief! That poor child will have nightmares for years...not to mention his trust in his primary caregivers is destroyed :( Imagine how he felt when he was being told he was never going to see his mommy again & they were gonna nail him to a shed wall :tantrum:

I was kidnapped when I was 10 years old. I still have nightmares 30+ years later, and my kids weren't out of my sight (or dad or gma) until they were old enough to drive :blushing: That is a DISGUSTING EVIL way to "teach a lesson" to a sweet little boy!!!!!! :maddening: :sick:

IMO Those charges are fine with me. This poor boy needs to have a family that is proud of how nice he is. I hope he gets one now.

Agreed. Those folks need to spend some time in the Crowbar Hotel. It doesn't matter what their reasoning was -- "As the boy started to cry, Firoved showed him a handgun and told the child if he didn’t stop crying he would hurt him, authorities said." -- that says a ton.

Another beauty: "Later, Firoved took the boy — still blindfolded — to the basement of the boy’s home and left him there, authorities said. The boy’s aunt, Kroutil, removed his pants and told him he could be sold into “sex slavery.” She also chastised him because he did not try to resist her. He did not recognize her voice."

From: http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_83691380-bf3c-58de-8792-ebbb210ee0ea.html

Seriously, there are people in this forum who are defending these folks? Excuse me while I vomit.

That poor child! How much other abuse has he endured in his short life?

I do not understand defending the "parents". How do you come up with something so demented, then find other people willing to go along with it?

I do not think the charges are an over-reaction at all.

What those people did was appalling. The child is only six years old - how could anyone think threatening him with a gun and telling him he would never see his mommy again, locking him in a basement and removing his pants is in any way a minor thing?

And what six year old knows what sex slavery is unless their freakish family have told them stuff or shown them stuff they have absolutely no need to know about at that age?

Totally inappropriate behaviour.

We should be thankful that this wasn't a real case (of kidnapping).

They were actually trying to teach him a (well deserved, as someone was able to lure him into their vehicle) lesson and just let it get carried away.

Remember that the boy wasn't harmed. Any psychological trauma this may have caused him pales in comparison to what he'd have if he were really kidnapped and abused.

We should be thankful that this wasn't a real case (of kidnapping).

They were actually trying to teach him a (well deserved, as someone was able to lure him into their vehicle) lesson and just let it get carried away.

Remember that the boy wasn't harmed. Any psychological trauma this may have caused him pales in comparison to what he'd have if he were really kidnapped and abused.

It's way over the top, and cruel, if you ask me. :(

WAY over the top. I could understand tricking him into a truck, and then perhaps driving away. That should be enough to get a 6 yr old to realize he made an innocent mistake. The guy should have immediately driven him home to his family, who would embrace him and explain their mean trick. I would still have a problem with their actions, but I could defend them.

But what the did went way too far. Pulling down his pants is indefensible, imo.

I also think this was way over the top, and a cruel way to teach stranger danger. There are other ways to handle this without traumatizing him for life. I hope he never goes back to that family.

I also think this was way over the top, and a cruel way to teach stranger danger. There are other ways to handle this without traumatizing him for life. I hope he never goes back to that family.

RBBM I totally agree. These people don't deserve children. If they couldn't think of a more appropriate way to teach their son about stranger danger how can you trust them to teach any of the lessons that parents should teach? I really think the parents underestimated the depth of the psychological scar this stunt is likely to cause. This is just a special kind of stupid.

JMO

How on earth did they get others to agree to this crazy idea ? I think they all have something wrong with them. Except the little boy .

Bet he will never trust any women in his life again without intensive therapy. And he won't get a new family. He is stuck with them. Maybe this will spur an earlier onset computer *advertiser censored* problem and arrested socialization skills. Thanks, women of the family and the grandmother's idiot friend.

I keep thinking about this kid and the rest of his life thinking..

" Remember when my parents had me abducted and duct taped and told that I was going to die?"

Idiots. They should go to jail and then should have to do community service in some awful place forever.

Sorry, I dont see how any of this is reasonable. I also think there is a bigger story here than the one reported, frankly.

Regardless, these people are where they need to be for now. The shoe is on the other foot and they get an opportunity to see what it is like to be held against their will by people with handguns and to lose control of their lives. The difference, imvho, is that their experience did not come at the hands of trusted caregivers.

As for little man-we have no idea whether or not what he experienced here was as traumatizing as if he had been "actually" kidnapped. Which he was. Actually kidnapped, that is.

OMFG. They held a gun to his head? Poor little lad, words fail me....

Anyone saying this child wasn't harmed needs to get real! Imagine not knowing that this wasn't real. Imagine having someone hold a gun to your head. Imagine being tied up and being blindfolded. Imagine being told you wouldn't see your loved ones again. Imagine having your clothes removed and being told someone was going to hurt you. And imagine being told you were going to be nailed to the wall of a shed. Imagine you not knowing that this wasn't a real situation, that you were terrified that these threats were going to be carried out on you. Then imagine being SIX YEARS OLD and this happening. This child will be traumatised for life. He'll probably end up with PTSD, a deep mistrust of people and the knowledge when he's older that his mother and other members of his family did this to him. If that is not being harmed then I don't know what is, poor baby x

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back