VA - Minister George Hunley, 53, Gives Fake Report of Good Samaritan Gunshot Wound

PastTense

Reaction score
A Louisa County man who claimed he was shot twice and robbed Thursday while assisting a disabled motorist now is facing charges of filing a false police report.

George Henry Hunley, 53, (a minister for 32 years) told Louisa authorities that he stopped along Chalk Level Road in Louisa between 1:10 p.m. and 1:20 p.m. to assist a family that appeared to have car trouble. He told police that when he got out of his vehicle to assist the family, a man pointed a large-caliber revolver at him and demanded money. A struggle ensued and he was shot twice, Hunley told police. He also said the gunman stole his wallet and fled the scene.
http://www.fredericksburg.com/news/...cle_0027d438-ad7e-11e4-a318-13f5aa3049e6.html

OK, so did he shoot himself in the leg? And is it a dumb question for me to ask why he would lie about this incident?

He may simply be covering up for someone who he didn't want to get into trouble, a family member or teenage parishioner who got angry and shot him.

Or another possibility is that ministers live in glass houses and must be above reproach. So perhaps he did something questionable--for example suppose he committed adultery with a parishioner and her husband caught them at it and shot him. For him to admit this would result in massive censure from the congregation and a loss of his position.

I am so curious as to what the real story is - I have a few theories.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back