Bobbi Kristina Brown found unresponsive in bathtub. #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
She's breathing, according to CNN. [video=cnn;entertainment/2015/01/31/bobby-kristina-brown-found-unresponsive.cnn]http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/31/entertainment/whitney-houston-daughter-unresponsive/index.html[/video]

Unlike another high-profile case of brain death (discussion elsewhere on WS), I hope BK's loved ones will not keep her on life support interminably when medical personnel indicate that she will not recover.

I don't think she will be kept on life support indefinitely. BB said he wanted the weekend and I think he will likely make a decision in the next few days. BB and family are likely realistic enough to realize that death happens, and there have been no signs of them going into some sort of "if we pray enough" miracles will happen denial. If he/they were in denial we would see it in the press.

If there really are signs of foul play this will be a very interesting trial (or a very quiet plea deal).

Ok So the houston side is in control of the inheritance and until she would turn 30 and all that jazz, but what about a funeral... who would be in control of that and who can attend and who can sit where? jmo idk

Well her legal next of kin would typically be in charge of the funeral, unless there is a will or life insurance policy and the legal next of kin doesn't provide/pay for the care of the deceased. If NG really did marry BK (which I doubt) then he would have control assuming he was willing to pay the costs, otherwise it would be BB.

As far as who can attend, I think that depends on WHERE the deceased is being buried. If they are being interned in a public cemetery then it is open to the public, if it is in a privately owned cemetery then the family could likely arrange to have certain people kept out.

Of course we have heard some family members have restraining orders against NG, not sure how that would work. First come first served?

Well her legal next of kin would typically be in charge of the funeral, unless there is a will or life insurance policy and the legal next of kin doesn't provide/pay for the care of the deceased. If NG really did marry BK (which I doubt) then he would have control assuming he was willing to pay the costs, otherwise it would be BB.

As far as who can attend, I think that depends on WHERE the deceased is being buried. If they are being interned in a public cemetery then it is open to the public, if it is in a privately owned cemetery then the family could likely arrange to have certain people kept out.

Of course we have heard some family members have restraining orders against NG, not sure how that would work. First come first served?

I was thinking about how BB left WH funeral because the security people had him move, so I thought maybe BB would tell the houston's where they can sit.

Please continue here for Bobbi Kristina

I was thinking about how BB left WH funeral because the security people had him move, so I thought maybe BB would tell the houston's where they can sit.

I don't follow celebrity stories that closely but LOL. Yeah I guess there will be some rules and snubs unless folks are so grief stricken they no longer care about those trivialities (which is not likely).

Did WH ever condemn BB? If she didn't then why on earth would her family members bar him from her funeral?

I don't follow celebrity stories that closely but LOL. Yeah I guess there will be some rules and snubs unless folks are so grief stricken they no longer care about those trivialities (which is not likely).

Did WH ever condemn BB? If she didn't then why on earth would her family members bar him from her funeral?

Honestly I didn't know that till this happened and then I read it. I do know a person that had her ex barred from her sons funeral. IDK I know from reading that there is alot of dislike between BB and the houston's so nothing would surprise me.

:doh: They need to knock this crap off. Per the article at least they aren't doing it in front of BB. Good for him for shutting it down. It is his daughter!

Bobbi Kristina -- Angry Discussions Over Funeral Plans

As Bobbi Kristina lays near death ... the family is discussing funeral plans, but we're told the Browns are preparing for war because of the way they were treated when Whitney Houston died.

Sources connected with the Brown family tell TMZ ... they are a united front to this extent -- they refuse to be disrespected the way they feel they were at Whitney's funeral

And we're told the angry discussions are not being held around Bobby Brown. He's gotten wind of the talks several times and he immediately shuts everyone down.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2015/02/08/bobbi...-family-fighting-brown-houston/#ixzz3RA7rVgP6

I've just returned from vacation (cruise) during which time I had limited access to "breaking news". All that was available on TV was international news (mostly politics), and satellite connection on the ship was painfully slow (pay-per-minute usage), so I learned about BK's condition from folks here at Websleuths

The circumstances of BK's "drowning" are concerning, but we probably won't learn the truth about really happened until BK is deceased. Unlike another high-profile case of brain death (discussion elsewhere on this site), I hope BK's loved ones will not keep her on life support interminably when medical personnel indicate that she will not recover.

IDK I know from reading that there is alot of dislike between BB and the houston's so nothing would surprise me.

Dislike is one thing, but WH was being buried. BB was BK's father, and apparently BK was not doing well. She was actually hospitalized as a result of her mother's death wasn't she?

IMO if the family was all that concerned about BK then when WH died, and BK was hospitalized, why didn't the aunt or whomever take her in? Why did they allow NG to become the main influence? The girl missed her mother and was lost, I do expect she would have clung to other mother figures, but instead NG conveniently "fell in love" with her and took control.

And then the whole "On Our Own" reality show shortly after WH's death. I have to wonder if the Houston's were more concerned about signing a deal for a reality show rather than taking care of BK.

Bobbi Kristina Brown remains in medically induced coma one week later

ATLANTA —
Bobbi Kristina Brown remains in a medically induced coma one week after she was found in a bathtub at her Roswell home.

Channel 2 Action News has been at Emory University Hospital around the clock waiting on any update on the condition of the late Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown’s daughter.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/bobbi-kristina-brown-remains-medically-induced-com/nj6qW/

*** ETA - There is video at this link showing family members bringing in case of water and bags of supplies or food. Doesn't look like anyone plans on going anywhere.

I for one need K_Z to explain why this girl would be in a "medically induced" coma.

I thought "medically induced" meant that drugs were used to put the patient in a coma due to brain trauma, swelling etc... Why on earth would a drowning victim be in a "medically induced" coma? To keep her from waking up? That makes NO sense to me whatsoever.

ATLANTA —
Bobbi Kristina Brown remains in a medically induced coma one week after she was found in a bathtub at her Roswell home.

Channel 2 Action News has been at Emory University Hospital around the clock waiting on any update on the condition of the late Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown’s daughter.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/bobbi-kristina-brown-remains-medically-induced-com/nj6qW/

From that article:
As one Brown family member told us, "If something happens to Bobbi Kristina, we will not be treated like children."

Yeah well maybe they were worried about a brawl breaking out, with spitting and bottles being smashed on people's heads in the hospital room.

When you put a patient into a medically induced coma, doctors can control their alertness level, so they don’t feel pain, stop any uncontrollable seizure activity, don’t fight the breathing machine, and subsequently do not raise the pressure within their head. The goal is to put the body to sleep such that all parts of the body reduce their oxygen demand and prevent high metabolic rates that the body is unable to support.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...-bobbi-kristina-s-medically-induced-coma.html

Bobbi Kristina Brown has injuries that need explanation, source says

By Ralph Ellis, Marylynn Ryan and Sunny Hostin, CNN

Updated 2:01 PM ET, Sat February 7, 2015

Atlanta (CNN)—Investigators are focusing on Bobbi Kristina Brown's boyfriend, Nick Gordon, as they try to determine how she ended up facedown in a tub of water, a source with knowledge of the case told CNN.

In another development, a source close to her family told CNN that she has injuries that still need to be explained. The nature of those injuries was not disclosed...

...Meanwhile, the three-year anniversary of Whitney Houston's death approaches.

She was found dead in a bathtub at a hotel near Los Angeles on February 11, 2012, hours before she was to attend a pre-Grammy Awards party.

A coroner ruled her death an accidental drowning, with heart disease and cocaine use listed as contributing factors.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/07/entertainment/bobbi-kristina-hospitalized/index.html

When you put a patient into a medically induced coma, doctors can control their alertness level, so they don’t feel pain, stop any uncontrollable seizure activity, don’t fight the breathing machine, and subsequently do not raise the pressure within their head.

So other than seizures why would a near brain dead drowning victim need to be kept in such a state?

Without some type of head trauma why would the pressure in their head be an issue?

Honestly I didn't know that till this happened and then I read it. I do know a person that had her ex barred from her sons funeral. IDK I know from reading that there is alot of dislike between BB and the houston's so nothing would surprise me.

He wasn't barred from the funeral. B wanted to sit beside BK with his children from former relationships. Security said he could but his children could not. He got upset and left with the other children. IIRC

He wasn't barred from the funeral. B wanted to sit beside BK with his children from former relationships. Security said he could but his children could not. He got upset and left with the other children. IIRC

I didn't say he was barred, I said someone I know barred her husband (ex). Yes the security had him playing musical chairs at WH funeral till he left. That is the way I see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie