SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
NCMC729834c1.jpg

Andria Ann Bailey

Endangered Missing from Spanaway, Washington since October 29, 1979

Age: 16 -- Height: 5'5" -- Weight: 110 lbs -- Hair Color: Brown -- Eye Color: Brown

Andria has a 2-inch brown birthmark on the middle of her back.

Andria was last seen walking home in Spanaway, Washington on October 29, 1979.

NCMEC

NamUs

Charley Project

Tips sought in 1979 disappearance of Spanaway girl

There’s not much of a record of 16-year-old Andria Bailey’s disappearance from her grandmother’s Pierce County home about 35 years ago.

Investigators aren’t sure of the year she went missing. Her mother reported her disappearance a decade after the fact.

[snip]

While her parents were away, Bailey was living with her grandmother in Spanaway, detectives believe. Her mother and father came back to Pierce County to search for her at the time, but didn’t report her as a missing person.

It’s not clear why, Gates said.

When she made the report, the mother contacted the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, not local police.

It wasn’t until 1995 that the case reached King County via the missing children’s center.

More: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2014/...t-in-1979-disappearance.html?sp=/99/289/&rh=1

I'm starting to wonder if Andria is a possible match for 58UFNV:
1. The age estimate is 15-25 years old
2. The height and weight are similar
3. Brown hair and brown eyes
4. The exact date of Andria's disappearance is unknown; this leaves a big window of time
Doe network: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/58ufnv.html
NamUs: https://identifyus.org/cases/159
This is a very saddening case, and I do wish there could have been more info. I honestly don't understand why a mother would wait a decade before reporting her kid missing?

Yes, Andria does resemble 58UFNV, esp the decedent's side profile. We should start putting together something to submit

Yes, Andria does resemble 58UFNV, esp the decedent's side profile. We should start putting together something to submit

58UFNV (aka "Sahara Sue") had no teeth, and wore full dentures. There is no mention that Andria had dentures, and the teeth in her photo don't look like dentures. There wasn't enough time between her date LKA and Sahara Sue's death to lose all of her teeth, and get fitted for dentures.

And there is no mention of a birthmark on Sahara Sue's back either.

Considering the case has very little information, it could be a possibility that she did have dentures, but for some reason unknown it wasn't listed on any missing persons websites. I think it is worth a try.

Do you know what school she attended when she lived with her grandmother?

Does anyone think this could be her? <modsnip - no link> this Jane doe was found in 1978. Age, height and hair colour match unfortunately there is no photo to compare.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/5706

According to namus, she has DNA. I think it's worth it for you to try to submit it, even if the dates are off... A date could be a mistake.

Last edited by a moderator:
I live relatively close to Spanaway. I am driving to Spanaway on either Saturday or Sunday, and I am pretty curious to find out more information on Andria's case. I'm curious to get acquainted with the specific area she disappeared from...there is so little information about her case, it is really frustrating. At the very least, I want to have a good sense of where she disappeared from. I am also curious as to who was interviewed about her...school friends, a boyfriend, her grandmother?

(FWIW, from the very little info I know from Charley Project, I'm guessing she was discovered as a skeletal Jane Doe in Washington, Oregon, or north California).

To clarify: I've known about Andria's case only for a couple months, when she was mentioned as a possible match for 1980 Walker County Jane Doe on Facebook. Even though I live fairly close to where she disappeared, I have never heard of her case (though, to be fair, Andria is older than my mother, and I've only lived in the area for 2 years). Even when long-term crimes are discussed in this area (Gary Ridgway is fresh in these folks' minds), I've never heard mention of Andria Bailey.

Does anyone see a resemblance here? Missing Person 1980 Washington state.JPG That's a recently-released, updated, and computer-generated in-state Jane Doe found 151 miles from Spanaway in 1980. The Doe is believed to be between 13 - 18 and to have died in the late 1970s. The photo of Andria Bailey looks like a 12 year old to me, but I see some similarities.

Does anyone see a resemblance here? View attachment 106743 That's a recently-released, updated, and computer-generated in-state Jane Doe found 151 miles from Spanaway in 1980. The Doe is believed to be between 13 - 18 and to have died in the late 1970s. The photo of Andria Bailey looks like a 12 year old to me, but I see some similarities.

Do you have a namus link for this Doe?

I find it peculiar that her mother did not report her missing until a decade later. I cannot find anything about the case in Newspapers.com. What were the parent's names? Did Andria have any siblings?

MOO but the mother's reporting her daughter as missing a decade later could be the main clue as to what happened to the girl.

I find it peculiar that her mother did not report her missing until a decade later. I cannot find anything about the case in Newspapers.com. What were the parent's names? Did Andria have any siblings?

MOO but the mother's reporting her daughter as missing a decade later could be the main clue as to what happened to the girl.

From ancestry
Name: Andria Ann Bailey
Birth Date: 27 Sep 1963
Birth Place: Newport News, Virginia

Maybe the mother thought that Andria had run away.
I see that Andria is listed as a rule-out for the Jane Doe mentioned above.

Does anyone think this could be her? <modsnip - no link> this Jane doe was found in 1978. Age, height and hair colour match unfortunately there is no photo to compare.

Unidentified Person Case
This Set of remains were destroyed in the late 1970s or misplaced. These remains were thought to be those of Donna Gail Manson who vanished on March 12th 1974.

Last edited by a moderator:
Andria may have been a victim of warren Forrest. He lived in Washington in 1979 and killed a girl around her age in 1979. Warren Forrest has been charged with the deaths of Carol Valenzuela and Martha Morrison who both died in 1974. I strongly believe he killed Andria because he abducted young females around her age. He has been charged with other murders and is a suspect in the 1971 disappearance of Jamie Grissim. He could also be involved with the 1974 disappearance of Laurie Partridge. This is my theory.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back