GUILTY Spain - Sandro Rottman, 43, child *advertiser censored* suspect, killed in altercation, 7 Feb 2015

gregjrichards

Reaction score
British man 'kills German tourist with a single punch at upmarket Spanish resort after catching him filming his daughter on an iPad'

Kainth Devinder saw recordings of his daughter on the victim's device
Sandro Rottman was being investigated for possessing child *advertiser censored*
Rottman was said to have died from a single punch to the head
Devinder has appeared in court charged with suspicion of homicide

A British man has been arrested for allegedly killing a German man he caught filming his young daughter at a Spanish holiday resort favoured by the rich and famous.

Kainth Devinder, 40, has been charged with suspicion of homicide after attacking Sandro Rottman, at The Spinnaker in Sotogrande on Spain's Costa del Sol on Saturday night.

Devinder, who was dining with his wife and one of his two daughters, is said to have initially demanded Rottman stop filming his daughter. When the 37-year-old, who was eating alone, refused the altercation turned violent.

After seeing that there was a recording of his daughter on the device, Devinder reportedly smashed the man's tablet on the floor. According to the Olive Press he then punched Rottman in the face.

Rottman had been charged with possession of child *advertiser censored* last month, but it is understood Devinder did not know that. An investigating magistrate had launched an ongoing investigation into him which had not yet resulted in formal charges."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...hing-filming-daughter-iPad.html#ixzz3RHDfHiky

I don't blame the British man for doing this his immediate instinct would be protecting his daughter.

I wonder how long the man had been up to those antics. Filming children at a resort in Spain, anybody else see where I'm going with my thoughts. I don't condone killing in any sense, but that father wasn't trying to murder. I think his one punch action was completely justified.

2583FF3400000578-2945979-image-a-153_1423502479877.jpg

^site of story^

"Devinder, who was dining with his wife and one of his two daughters, is said to have initially demanded Rottman stop filming his daughter. When the 37-year-old, who was eating alone, refused the altercation turned violent.
After seeing that there was a recording of his daughter on the device, Devinder reportedly smashed the man's tablet on the floor. According to the Olive Press he then punched Rottman in the face."bbm
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...hing-filming-daughter-iPad.html#ixzz3RHgCrjwl

Was there a language barrier between British man & German man? Seems like Brit could have expressed request thru gesture.

Some random dude recording my table in restaurant?
I personally would not like it one bit either. Creepy, esp if more than a moment of recording, or if focusing on dau.
But it's a public place, not peering in hotel windows, beachside cabanas, or dressing rooms.
Smashing tablet or phone? Punching in head? IDK.

2583FF3400000578-2945979-image-a-153_1423502479877.jpg

^site of story^

"Devinder, who was dining with his wife and one of his two daughters, is said to have initially demanded Rottman stop filming his daughter. When the 37-year-old, who was eating alone, refused the altercation turned violent.
After seeing that there was a recording of his daughter on the device, Devinder reportedly smashed the man's tablet on the floor. According to the Olive Press he then punched Rottman in the face."bbm
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...hing-filming-daughter-iPad.html#ixzz3RHgCrjwl

Was there a language barrier between British man & German man? Seems like Brit could have expressed request thru gesture.

Some random dude recording my table in restaurant?
I personally would not like it one bit either. Creepy, esp if more than a moment of recording, or if focusing on dau.
But it's a public place, not peering in hotel windows, beachside cabanas, or dressing rooms.
Smashing tablet or phone? Punching in head? IDK.

Does it matter that it was a public place? Children eating dinner with their family should not have to worry about being video taped. I would have called the police and made sure they were involved instead smashing anything and I wouldn't punch. We can make an educated guess what the video would be used for, since the guy was recently charged with possessing child *advertiser censored*. In any case, that man would NOT have left the premises with a recording of my kid. There is NO good or valid reason for an adult to be recording a child.

Does it matter that it was a public place? Children eating dinner with their family should not have to worry about being video taped. I would have called the police and made sure they were involved instead smashing anything and I wouldn't punch. We can make an educated guess what the video would be used for, since the guy was recently charged with possessing child *advertiser censored*. In any case, that man would NOT have left the premises with a recording of my kid. There is NO good or valid reason for an adult to be recording a child.
bbm

Per linked article, British man did not know about child *advertiser censored* charges at the time of smashing tablet and punching in head.
When tablet was smashed, hadn't British man accomplished goal of protecting dau. (although we can understand desire to take a swing too)?

Maybe, like you said, calling LE would have been better option.

Recording child in public place is less creepy then recording by peering in hotel windows, beachside cabanas, or dressing rooms.
Still creepy, very creepy, mos def creepy.

bbm

Per linked article, British man did not know about child *advertiser censored* charges at the time of smashing tablet and punching in head.
When tablet was smashed, hadn't British man accomplished goal of protecting dau. (although we can understand desire to take a swing too)?

Maybe, like you said, calling LE would have been better option.

Recording child in public place is less creepy then recording by peering in hotel windows, beachside cabanas, or dressing rooms.
Still creepy, very creepy, mos def creepy.

Oh, I know that the man didn't know. With that said if someone is recording my child, I would assume that is the purpose and want it removed.

Some actions provoke a response. Allegedly, this man was filming his young daughter(s), and continued to do so after being asked to stop. Seems to me this alleged child *advertiser censored* collector messed with the wrong bull and got the horns - permanently.

Its easy to say what one would do in hindsight - I don't see fault in the father at all.

Well that's a royal ballsup! It will be interesting to see what Spain does with this case. I predict that the Brit will get 40 lashes with a wet noodle and sent home. Spain is not going to want to spend a lot of money on a trial and incarceration. And the suspect is ooozing with money so some palms might get greased.

Bah! It's ugly, any way you look at it.

From last month:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...eath-in-Spanish-resort-to-be-spared-jail.html

A wealthy British businessman who killed an alleged German paedophile in an exclusive Spanish expat resort after catching him taking photographs of his young children will not go to jail despite being found guilty of manslaughter...

Estate agent Devinder Kainth was given a six-month jail sentence after admitting that he had killed Sandro Rottman by punching him at a restaurant in the upmarket area of Sotogrande, near Gibraltar...

A source from the Andalucian justice system said that Kainth “will not go to jail as he has no prior criminal convictions”. In Spain it is customary for judges to suspend prison sentences of less than two years for first-time offenders.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back