GUILTY OH - Zuri Whitehead, 2 mos, beaten to death, 11yo girl charged, 6 Feb 2015

zwiebel

Reaction score
'An 11-year-old girl is being held in connection with the death of a 2-month-old girl, according to Wickliffe police.

Zuri Whitehead of Cleveland died Friday at Rainbow Babies and Children's Hospital of extensive internal injuries, police said in a statement.

The 11-year-old girl is being held at the Lake County Juvenile Detention Center, as police have termed the incident suspicious. Investigators are still working to determine the circumstances of Whitehead's death, police said.'

http://www.cleveland.com/wickliffe/index.ssf/2015/02/wickliffe_police_holding_11-ye.html

A presser has been held today with further info. The 11-year-old's mom was babysitting the baby but fell asleep. When she woke, the baby was in distress. I'll copy some tweets over.

Disturbing on so many levels.

How deeply was the mother sleeping anyway? The baby was beaten, not smothered, so she must have cried.

Ohio girl, 11, charged with murder in death of 2-month-old - CBS News
15 minutes ago

42a81cbd9ff555b3f896c775d79ba428.jpg

WICKLIFFE, Ohio - Police say an 11-year-old girl in northeast Ohio is charged with murder in the beating death of a 2-month-old who was staying overnight with the girl and her mother to give the baby's mom a break.

Wickliffe police Chief Randy Ice said at a news conference Monday that the 11-year-old, her mother and the baby girl - identified by CBS affiliate WOIO as Zuri Whitehead - were on a couch downstairs when the mother fell asleep at about 3 a.m. Friday. The mother was awakened less than an hour later by her daughter, who was holding the badly injured infant.

More@Link

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ohio-girl-11-charged-with-murder-in-death-of-2-month-old/

:rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They were all in the same room, on the same couch, when it happened? WTH?

They were all in the same room, on the same couch, when it happened? WTH?

Exxxxxxxxxtraodinarily sound sleeping? Drugs, Rx or illegal? Alcohol? Hard to imagine. Or something else?

I'm also finding it a little strange that a babysitter, her daughter and a tiny baby were all sleeping on a couch at 3 in the morning. I wonder if this was the sitter's house or the baby's? Either way, those sleeping arrangements are not ideal.

Did the 11 year old confess? Perhaps she has prior issues? So the mom was laying on the couch with the baby? I don't have kids but I'm pretty sure lying down and sleeping with the baby on a couch is dangerous because you could roll over and suffocate the baby. If the 11 year old was also on the couch, that's quite crowded.

http://www.wtoc.com/story/28061353/11-year-old-appears-death-2-month-old-girl-court

At a news conference Monday afternoon Wickliffe Police Chief Randy Ice said the mother of the 11-year-old was babysitting Zuri at her home in the 1500 block of Ridgewick Drive in Wickliffe Friday, Feb. 6. and after falling asleep on the couch around 3 a.m. the child took Zuri upstairs and beat her to death.

Chief Ice says the child then brought the baby back downstairs and woke her mother up. Mom says she called 911 as soon as she saw Zuri -- her head was swollen and she was bleeding.

Reports are that the girl had no remorse. What in the world is happening?!?!

The 11 yr old must have been certifiable. I have never met an 11 yr old girl who did not LOVE tiny babies. They are usually very fascinated and very protective of tiny babies. This girl must have some very deep seated issues. :cry:

I wonder if Mom knew her daughter was a danger to the baby?

The 11 yr old must have been certifiable. I have never met an 11 yr old girl who did not LOVE tiny babies. They are usually very fascinated and very protective of tiny babies. This girl must have some very deep seated issues. :cry:

Until last year, I thought babies were slimy poopy things. Including when I was 11.

http://www.news-herald.com/general-...rt-accused-of-killing-2-month-old-baby-update

An 11-year-old girl accused of killing a 2-month-old baby in Wickliffe appeared in Lake County Juvenile Court for a detention hearing on Feb. 9...

The juvenile is accused of causing the death of Cleveland girl Zuri Whitehead on Feb. 6. The 11-year-old girl was charged with delinquency, which in this case if committed by an adult would be an unclassified felony charge of murder...

The Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner’s Office performed a postmortem exam that found lacerations of the kidneys and liver, as well as multiple blunt force traumas to the head and torso. The manner of death is a homicide, Ice said.

http://www.wlwt.com/news/girl-11-charged-with-murder-in-ne-ohio-babys-death/31176362

An 11-year-old girl from a Cleveland suburb has been charged with murder in the beating of a 2-month-old who was staying overnight with the girl and her mother to give the baby's mom a break. She has 3 more children.

While her mother slept, the 11-year-old took the infant upstairs. When she returned downstairs, the infant was bleeding and her head was badly swollen. 911 was called but the baby, Zuri Whitehead died.

FBI crime statistics show there were 20 children age 12 and under in the U.S. who were accused of murder during 2012, the most recent year for which statistics were available.
The girl cannot be tried as an adult. A child must be at least 14 years old in Ohio to be turned over to adult court.
An 11-year-old can, however, be sentenced to a state Department of Youth Services facility until age 21.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back