TX TX - Melissa Sodeman, 19, Wichita Falls, 7 April 1989

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Crime Stoppers (Melissa Kay Sodeman Cold Case Murder)
Darrell Franklin
9 February 2015

Crime Stoppers hopes very much to finally solve a cold case capital murder, with your help.

It happened on April 7th, 1989, possibly around 1:30 in the morning.

Officers responded to 1500 Trout in Wichita Falls, and found 19- year old Melissa Kay Sodeman brutally murdered inside her apartment.

She had two small children who were there at the time, and the apartment door was found open.

If you have any information about this crime or any other felony crime, you're urged to call crime stoppers, 24- hours a day at 322-9888.

The long distance number is 800-322-9888.

You never have to give your name, and if your information leads to the arrest and board approval, because this is a cold case homicide, you could earn up to $2,500.
April 7, 1989: Melissa Kay Sodeman, 19, a student who was stabbed with a kitchen knife in her apartment in the 1500 block of Trout Street. Her husband found her body that Friday morning.
http://www.timesrecordnews.com/news/unsolved-homicide-sidebar_26751750

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJSua2Xp5rg

[/URL]

I take it the knife came from her own kitchen correct?

Hi, Rich. I believe so. At least that was the impression I got from reading these articles. I searched for earlier news items, but was unable to locate any from the time of the murder.

Hi, Rich. I believe so. At least that was the impression I got from reading these articles. I searched for earlier news items, but was unable to locate any from the time of the murder.

Victimiology assessment on the victim, I feel will probably reveal a lead

9 times out of 10 when we see, a estranged victim, killed in their own residence, especially a young victim, where the murder weapon originated from within the residence itself, you are dealing with an intimate, former intimate, friend or acquaintance

This is especially true especially in cases, where sexual assault or attempted sexual assault is NOT present, or if its staged to look like sexual assault

However with an open door it could be anyone

That's where Motive comes in ... why?

multiple stab wounds , up close and personal "look at me I'm doing this to you "...weapon of opportunity from the residence etc
Look close in this case, it wasn't planned, most likely something got out of control.

Look to see if there were any similar crimes in the area at the time, burglaries, etc... but I don't think one has to far to find who they are looking for

Friends, enemies, intimates, acquaintances.... look there,

Bumping this case. Hoping to have new information. Keep your fingers crossed :)

Melissa K Miller
Birth Year: abt 1969
Marriage Date: 27 Dec 1986
Marriage Place: Wichita, Texas, USA
Spouse: Edward R Sodeman
Spouse Gender: Male
Spouse Age: 22
Source: Texas Marriage Index, 1966-2002

From Ancestry, interesting spouse name is the same as mentioned above.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back