Identified! OK - Caddo Co, WhtFem 16-25, UP6604, in shallow grave, Apr'95 - Katrina Kay (Burton) Bentivegna

Aeronomy

Reaction score
(Please forgive me if UID is already listed)

NamUs UP # 6604
https://identifyus.org/cases/6604

Unidentified White Female
* 04/24/1995 Body found in shallow grave by roadside
* 09/02/1996 - cranium located near Hwy 66, approximately 1.2 mile from postcranial remains.

Vital Statistics
* Estimated age: 16 to 25 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5'7"; weight unknown.
* Hair Color: Unknown
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Light brown body hair.

Skeletal Findings
* Possible term or near-term pregnancy.
* Right-handed

Clothing on Body
* Blue jeans - "Lee Riders, Since 1889" - Size 7
* Lace underwear
* Bra

* 4 miles west of 281 on old Hwy 66 in Caddo County, OK.

Estimated postmortem interval
* Months

Rule-Outs
Crystal Lynn Ortega
Misty Ortega

Crikey, the recon makes her look menopausal. I hope they took good pics of the skull so another artist can give it a try. And soon.

:facepalm:

I came across the above UID while searching for potential matches for Rachel Pratt who was last seen January 1995 at home in Kansas. The photo rendering of the UID looks much older than Rachel, but I wondered if there was still a possibility since I also think the rendering looks older than estimated age of the UID, 16-25. What initially caught my attention was the possible near term pregnancy since Rachel was pregnant when she disappeared and the fact this UID was found a few hours away from where Rachel was last seen.

More information on Rachel here: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/pratt_rachel.html
pratt_rachel2.jpg
pratt_rachel.jpg

Obviously, it may not be her, but hopefully someone can help identify the UID.

I wouldn't rely too much on that recon. That artist, Betty Gatliff, has a very distinct style, and most of her sculptures have the same look.

If you can look past the overall look and focus on the facial shape, Rachel looks pretty close.

She is a little young compared to the estimate. But she seems to me to be close enough that I would want to see a rule-out based on DNA or dentals.

I wouldn't rely too much on that recon. That artist, Betty Gatliff, has a very distinct style, and most of her sculptures have the same look.

If you can look past the overall look and focus on the facial shape, Rachel looks pretty close.

She is a little young compared to the estimate. But she seems to me to be close enough that I would want to see a rule-out based on DNA or dentals.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for a Carl K recon on this one...

Those two photos do look similar. Hopefully it's a match.

was she decapitated, or was her skull distance due to animal wandering?

When they say Skeletal Findings: Possible term or near-term pregnancy, I don't think they meant that the Jane Doe was pregnant at the time of her death. I think they are saying that she had carried a pregnancy to full-term some time prior to her death.

Looking past the age of the recon I can see some similarities. If I consider the appearance of an older woman I could think mother or aunt.

I, using my limited Photoshop abilities, created a younger looking version of the UID. I softened her skin, defined her eyes and neck, and added a 'younger' hairstyle.

Image003.jpg

(As you can see, this is a skill I will try to work on :p)

And here it is with Rachel Pratt.

9601418_FR_3a.jpg Image003.jpg
pratt_rachel.jpg

Rachel has a very similar facial shape to the UID.

That was a younger hairstyle in 1995, I think, though the person I most remember wearing it is Michael Jackson :p But the eyes and mouth definitely look old and tired. Going just by shape, she does look a lot like Rachel.

That was a younger hairstyle in 1995, I think, though the person I most remember wearing it is Michael Jackson :p But the eyes and mouth definitely look old and tired. Going just by shape, she does look a lot like Rachel.

The original hair (unscaled) was very normal straight hair. Definitely something Michael Jackson could pull off though! I just had to make it larger to fit her face and cover up that huge mane of hair. :D

The recon looks Hispanic in some ways, but Rachel, oddly enough, while definitely Caucasian, looks somewhat Hispanic too.

It sounds as though Rachel was most likely murdered by her boyfriend.

Think about it, the most dangerous time in a woman's life is when she's pregnant, that's when any woman is the most likely to be murdered.

And considering she was about to get her boyfriend arrested for statutory rape, there's more than one motive.

Since she was in her first trimester in January and whoever this was had been dead for several months, I don't think they are the same person.

But, it is worth a try, and they do say "May have" instead of "definitely had," When it says carried to full or near-full term

The original hair (unscaled) was very normal straight hair. Definitely something Michael Jackson could pull off though! I just had to make it larger to fit her face and cover up that huge mane of hair. :D

The recon looks Hispanic in some ways, but Rachel, oddly enough, while definitely Caucasian, looks somewhat Hispanic too.

LOL. "Big hair." Though that was kind of out of style by 1995.

Hey guys!
I did a quick painting using the original reconstruction as a guideline for feature placement and face shape, and gave her lighter hair and a more youthful look. Let me know what you think :)
View attachment 69198

You and Carl totally outdid me. :)

It looks really good, and best of all, it hi lights her identifying features! What did you use to make this?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back