AZ AZ - Shelley Hoke, 22, Phoenix, 28 June 1991

tarabull

Life is a puzzle.
Reaction score
Photos of Shelley & her tattoos at the links. (Her birthday is coming up...)

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: June 28, 1991 from Phoenix, Maricopa County, Arizona
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: February 19, 1969
Height: 5'7-5'8"
Weight: 125-135 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Hazel
Race: White
Distinguishing Characteristics: Shelley has an eagle tattooed
on her back/right shoulder area and a rose tattooed on her left breast.
Fish tattoo on right ankle.
AKA: Mississippi
Case Number: 10679960
Details of Disappearance
On 06/28/1991 at approximately 6:00 P.M., Shelley Hoke was last heard from when she telephoned her parents. She told her parents that she was going to the Sky Harbor Airport so she could visit them soon thereafter but she never arrived. Shelley's family hasn't heard from her and foul play is suspected in Shelley's disappearance.

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Phoenix Police Department
602-534-3053

Namus says Shelley was last seen at 19:33 but under circumstances it says she was last heard from when she called her parents at 6pm.
I wonder who saw her at 7:33...

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/3874/45

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/hoke_shelley.html

Bump. It's coming up to the anniversary.

Very interesting docket involving Shelley's disappearance and probable murder. I don't know what I can copy from it on to here so just pop her name into the search.

https://docs.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/california/candce/3:2008cv04744/208005/15

hayaletcatcher

Thank you very much for the very interesting information regarding Shelley Hoke
disappearance and probably murder( from page 18 in the link) , I read about this case yesterday through Charley project and I was looking for more details but there were very few details on the internet.

These hell's angels members are really from Hell, Evil monsters.

Details of Disappearance
On 06/28/1991 at approximately 6:00 P.M., Shelley Hoke was last heard from when she telephoned her parents. She told her parents that she was going to the Sky Harbor Airport so she could visit them soon thereafter but she never arrived. Shelley's family hasn't heard from her and foul play is suspected in Shelley's disappearance.

Investigating Agency
602-534-3053

Namus says Shelley was last seen at 19:33 but under circumstances it says she was last heard from when she called her parents at 6pm.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

I could not find any information about Shelley from these links. I would like some help with any & all info about Shelley. She is my cousin. She was born exactly 7 days before me and was my first best friend in this world. Our family never talked much about her disappearance. I’d like to know anything I can about the investigation
Thank you

I could not find any information about Shelley from these links. I would like some help with any & all info about Shelley. She is my cousin. She was born exactly 7 days before me and was my first best friend in this world. Our family never talked much about her disappearance. I’d like to know anything I can about the investigation

Shelley would turn 53 tomorrow. I wonder what she would look like or what she would be doing.

hayaletcatcher

Thank you very much for the very interesting information regarding Shelley Hoke
disappearance and probably murder( from page 18 in the link) , I read about this case yesterday through Charley project and I was looking for more details but there were very few details on the internet.

These hell's angels members are really from Hell, Evil monsters.

After reading that document, I am PISSED! I got the impression that the possible murder of a young woman was not important enough for law enforcement to pursue. It sounds like they had quite a bit of information. I can understand not involving Shelley’s case with this particular trial , I do not understand why it wasn’t investigated separately. I guess because she was [allegedly] dealing drugs and [allegedly] involved with the hell’s angels she wasn’t worth their time.

After reading that document, I am PISSED! I got the impression that the possible murder of a young woman was not important enough for law enforcement to pursue. It sounds like they had quite a bit of information. I can understand not involving Shelley’s case with this particular trial , I do not understand why it wasn’t investigated separately. I guess because she was [allegedly] dealing drugs and [allegedly] involved with the hell’s angels she wasn’t worth their time.
I am truly sorry. It's a heck of a way to find out.

I am truly sorry. It's a heck of a way to find out.

I’ve spent the past couple of hours reading several court documents that discuss Shelley’s probable murder by Charles Haas and yet NOTHING ……. I just don’t understand

Details of Disappearance

Investigating Agency
602-534-3053

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/3874/45

Namus doesn’t even have her listed. I searched her name and got “0 results “

Cold Case Files. We hear this terminology a lot these days. We hear about it on the news and on social media. There are thousands of true crime shows on TV and Podcasts. It all sounds so promising that our judicial system is truly interested in finding justice for all the victims and their loved ones. It’s clear that not all cases will be solved. What I want to know is, will all cases be addressed? I am afraid that not all cases will be given consideration. Who makes that determination and what are the criteria? Do they pass over cases that involve drug addicts, vagrants, prostitutes. Do they choose only those that are “human interests” or ones that will earn them a pat on the back? My cousin, Shelley Corinne Hoke has been missing since June 28, 1991. Shelley was born seven days before me and was my first best friend. In my memories of Shelley she is always smiling, laughing, and dancing. If Shelley was in the room, you were definitely having fun! I think having fun was her main goal in life. Unfortunately, that goal led her down a path of drinking, drugs, and partying with some pretty shady characters. But I think her biggest downfall was that she had NO FEAR. I remember times that I would get nervous or scared in a situation and Shelley would jump head on into anything. She was both amazing and terrifying at the same time. As we got older, Shelley continued down that dark path; dropping out of school and disappearing for days at a time. It was hard on the family. We would get frustrated and so angry with her because we could see how much it hurt her mom. All Corinne ever wanted was for Shelley to be safe and happy. Shelley knew how much her mom loved her, but it never stopped her from doing whatever she wanted to do. It got to the point that Shelley would be gone for weeks and months at a time. I don’t know how often Corinne heard from her during these times and the family didn’t question her for fear of upsetting her. My aunt Corinne was one of the happiest people I’d ever met. She was always smiling and laughing. In my eyes she radiated love and happiness. The kind of person that honestly had a twinkle in her eyes. Growing up I secretly wished that she was my mom. With all of the turmoil that Shelley caused, one thing was certain. She always came back home. And when she did, many of us were pissed off but were relieved that she was with us. Sometimes I just wanted to shake her and ask her why she hurt her parents so much. Couldn’t she see what it was doing to them? I wanted to ask her why did she keep going back to that lifestyle. Didn’t she see what it was doing to herself? The last time I remember seeing Shelley was shortly after my son was born. She came to my apartment to see him for the first time. I remember thinking how skinny and unhealthy she looked. I remember being afraid for her. I don’t remember much about the time period when Shelley went missing. I’m sure that as a new mom and wife I was pretty self-absorbed. Also, the family didn’t talk much about Shelley. They felt it would just upset Corinne and nobody wanted anyone to be upset or uncomfortable. When I did find out about her being missing, I was worried but I knew she would show up eventually. She always came home for Christmas. Christmas came and went without her. So I thought surely she will come home in February for her birthday. But she didn’t. It became abundantly clear that something bad had happened to Shelley, but I never heard any details. For me, life went on, but there was a piece of my heart missing. I worried, I cried, I prayed. Still, life went on. But life didn’t go on for my Aunt Corinne. She is surviving, but the light in her eyes, that little twinkle was gone. She still smiles. She still laughs. But that glow is gone. Her joy is gone. Where is Shelly’s justice? Where is the justice for her family? Corinne needs answers so that just maybe she can have a little peace. I recently got my first and only tattoo. It is a copy of the rose tattoo that Shelley has, but mine has SHELLEY written on one of the petals. I went to my Aunt and Uncle’s house to show it to them. Corinne took one look at it and started crying. She knew immediately that it was Shelley’s rose. The family always says not to upset Corinne and that definitely was not my intention. Regardless of the lifestyle she lived, she deserves to be honored and remembered. While I was there I told Corinne about my dreams.. Over the past 30 years I have had many, many dreams about Shelley, The dreams are always different, but always the same. In them Shelley is always alive. Sometimes they will be about her coming home. In some of them she never left to begin with. But in every single one she is alive. I don’t know if the dreams are my way of keeping her in my life, or if it’s my way of knowing that she is ok. Whether she is in this world or not, she’s ok. I don’t know why I have the dreams and even though they don’t bring me peace, they do bring me closer to her. Shelley was my first best friend. I will always love her. I will never forget her. She will always be with me.

Missing my Shelley..... She's been in my dreams 3 nights in a row this week.
I requested a copy of her police report from Phoenix PD and paid their fee, but the status is still just "submitted". It doesn't appear that they have even looked at it yet. I can't tell you how frustrating it is to see cold cases from the 70's & 80's being reopened. I am very happy for those families. They deserve every bit of justice they can get. It's just frustrating for me.......
I got a copy Shelley's tattoo earlier this year
1700966893661.jpeg 1700966818163.jpeg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie