Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please continue posting here.

:bananapowerslide:

First !

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

:seeya: Good Morning, Y'all !

:drumroll::drumroll::drumroll::drumroll::drumroll: Time to rock n roll !

Ugghhh, so much drama.

I don't think I've ever followed such an emotionally exhausting case.

Early Tweets:

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial · 2h2 hours ago

Good morning.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 2h2 hours ago

#jodiarias is back on at 10AM MST today.

Juan is calling Lonnie Dworkin and will then rest.

See you all there!

Can't see court being on past lunch today. Yipee....NOT

What does nurmi get out of delaying? Thinking the jurors are going to forget how evil she is? Can't see that happening

Can't see court being on past lunch today. Yipee....NOT

What does nurmi get out of delaying? Thinking the jurors are going to forget how evil she is? Can't see that happening
... IMO, he gets the jurors to drop like flies. That is his one and only goal at this point, hence the MF and Geff for two days each, one week apart.

I wonder if the Judge made those phone calls? Lets get on with this!

... IMO, he gets the jurors to drop like flies. That is his one and only goal at this point, hence the MF and Geff for two days each, one week apart.

And he gets to fatten his pockets with all these delays. Not too shabby for Nurmi.

Deputy Hope, reporting for duty. :D

There were conflicting reports yesterday about whether or not JSS told Nurmi she would call his witnesses to verify their schedules.

Thinking if it's true, Geffner better have a really good excuse for not being available earlier, and documentation to back it up. Wonder if he gets paid extra to not answer his phone?

I can't tell you how much I want testimony to wrap up next week, I have to go out of state in early March and after going through this whole drawn out, mind-numbing exasperation - if I miss the ending I'll just flip.

From WAT:

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial · 2m2 minutes ago

Heading down to #JodiArias trial..

Will check in when I get there. -hwild

:please: I hope this is the "original WAT" !

I felt sorry for Dworkin yesterday. Imagine getting a call from a trial judge, on the bench, who puts you on speaker phone. Also present- the DT you consulted for in the first trial, and the prosecutor who wants to call you to the stand as HIS witness. Eek.

I loved how Dworkin said straight away....(paraphrasing): "You're going to have to tell me how this works. I've always worked for the defense, never for the State. I don't know what I'm allowed to say..."

and Nurmi jumps in to tell him (paraphrasing again) ..."stop right now!"

JM offered to give his questions to the DT beforehand. Which means Nurmi will know precisely when to insert objections and sidebar requests.

Thinking the court day won't last more than an hour.

Morning! I'm not ready for JM to rest today. I feel like we need more showing why she deserves the DP. Too much time was spent rebutting the *advertiser censored* B.S.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?270799-Retrial-for-Sentencing-of-Jodi-Arias-Day-34&p=11484600#post11484600

AZlawyer at end of last thread: "Juan is not doing rebuttal right now. He is presenting the State's case on mitigation issues. Next up is the defense rebuttal case. JSS has no authority to deny that option. If there is any surrebuttal in this phase it will be Juan asking for it, not the defense. It's confusing because Juan presented some evidence before this phase really got started, to get the jury caught up on the premeditation and cruelty issues."

* Would someone kindly tell me how to prevent something I've copied from showing up here "colored"? TIA

:seeya: All this stupid drama against 'the haters' - I wonder if Nurmi, Willmott and MDLR realise they have become clones of their client. They might want to consider some serious deprogramming therapy once they are finally rid of her. IMO

Is it Juan's job to show why she deserves the DP or the DT's job to show why she doesn't? Who has the burden of 'proof'? I think it is up to the DP to show why she doesn't based on mitigating factors. The Prosecution can definitely show the facts of the case and make a case for why she deserves to die, but the burden is mostly on the DT. Correct?

Good Morning! :seeya:

Guess we're having another short day, then another looong weekend <ugh> . . . to refresh our memories, here is a list of mitigating factors DT outlined for the killer as described in one of the DT motions a while back. Wondering how many will the jury find/believe? If they believed Dr. DeMarte, then it's 1, 2 and 8 game over, but if they believed Dr. Fonseca and Dr. Geffner, hmmm it could be a different outcome.

dt mitigation factors.png

Is it Juan's job to show why she deserves the DP or the DT's job to show why she doesn't? Who has the burden of 'proof'? I think it is up to the DP to show why she doesn't based on mitigating factors. The Prosecution can definitely show the facts of the case and make a case for why she deserves to die, but the burden is mostly on the DT. Correct?

Not sure...usually the burden is on the state, but this phase is supposed to be about mitigators...not that we've seen any :rolleyes:

Also, I wonder why they're starting @10? Maybe JSS will be making phone calls? Or maybe the Maria issue still has to be resolved?

So many questions, so much secrecy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member