CANADA Canada - Gino 'Attila' Mezei, 41, Vancouver, BC, 1 Jan 1996

evafiore

Reaction score
I came across this case on the VPD's missing persons website, and thought of a case I'd seen on the RCMP's website, in the section for unidentified remains. To me, this looks like a possible match: Port Moody is part of Metro Vancouver; the age and height could be an exact match; the last seen date looks to be a very rough estimate; and there are some strong similarities between the the missing's photo and the artist's reconstruction. There are some additional images of some of the possessions found with the remains included on the unidentified remains site, which could fit with GAM's profile.

There are some other missing cases on the VPD's site that could also fit with the remains: James John Nelson, Rolf Rathke, Edward Adams.

Thoughts? If anyone could give advice/their opinion on this, or let me know if this has been ruled out already, it'd be much appreciated.

---------------
From the VPD'S missing person site:

Name
MEZEI, GINO ATTILA
DOB:
1954-05-17
Date Last Seen:
1996-01-01
Missing From:
NO FIXED ADDRESS IN VANCOUVER
Synopsis:
GINO "ATTILA" MEZEI WAS REPORTED MISSING AFTER HAVING NO CONTACT WITH FAMILY MEMBERS AFTER 2 YEARS. HE WAS REPORTED TO BE HAVING MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES.
Description:
W/M, 5`6", 135 LBS. SHORT BLACK HAIR, BROWN EYES, HAD A FULL BEARD AND MOUSTACHE. WORE LAYERED CLOTHING.
Incident Number:
98-175918

GAM.jpg

---------------
RCMP's website, Unidentified Remains section

GAM2.jpgGAM3.jpg

The skeletal remains of this male were discovered in Port Moody in the water at Reed Point Marina; approximately 40 ft deep.
Discovered At: Port Moody , BC
Discovered On May 14, 1995
Est. Age 40 to 49
Gender Male
Bio Group White
Teeth This male was missing a number of teeth and likely wore a partial upper dental plate prior to death.
Height 163cm / 64 inches to 168cm / 66 inches

This piece of dirt stabbed me during a 1978 robbery in Gastown. I hope his death was a terrible and painful one!
he and julius peter mezei both went to prison for it.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knownstranger07
Back