Former Member
Reaction score
"...Two people taken out of the cafe on stretchers after the shooting
Controversial Swedish artist Lars Vilks was talking at a debate
French ambassador to Denmark was in the building at the time
Claims it was 'the same intention' as the Charlie Hebdo attack last month
Local television report window riddled with about 30 bullet holes
Two gunmen are understood to be on the run after the attack..."

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2953594/Shots-fired-Copenhagen-cafe-free-speech-event.html

www.nbcnews.com/news/world/copenhagen-shooting-1-dead-suspects-flee-after-gunfire-lars-vilks-n306316

www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2015/02/14/copenhagen-cafe-shots-fired/23408677/

".. Copenhagen police said in a statement that the assailants fled in a dark-colored Volkswagen Polo. Officers at the scene regarded the attack as an assassination attempt on Vilks, Copenhagen Police Incident Commander Jørgen Petersen told the Danish newspaper Ekstra Bladet.."

www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2015/0...en-cafe-apparently-aimed-at-danish-cartoonist

Sad. My condolences to the family of the deceased man. :(

* Moved this over to the Charlie Hebdo thread *

Attachments

• 635595293235352170-Copenhn1.jpg
    635595293235352170-Copenhn1.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 64
'Also in attendance was François Zimeray, the French ambassador to Denmark.

“They fired on us from the outside. It was the same intention as [the 7 January attack on] Charlie Hebdo except they didn’t manage to get in,” Zimeray told AFP.

“Intuitively I would say there were at least 50 gunshots, and the police here are saying 200. Bullets went through the doors and everyone threw themselves to the floor,” the ambassador added.'

Danish police say this is a terror attack and they are searching for two suspects, who stoke and dumped a VW Polo.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-lars-vilks-prophet-muhammad-krudttonden-cafe

Why can't they just stay out of the country or leave if they hate it so much. Stay in the Middle East or Africa or go there if you don't appreciate the European principles of freedom and peace.

So sick of this.

The terrorist has been shot after having taken a taxi to a hideout where the police were waiting .....

Denmark: Flowers, letters and candles pile up in the streets surrounding the synagogue, Jewish guard shot in the head http://t.co/r7IYGUiDy7

#
The US Ambassador to Denmark Rufus Gifford was seen outside the synagogue today http://t.co/aJ96bwxYO1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

During attack Jewish kids hid in the basement .....

After Paris attack, Denmark's Jewish community asked for police protection outside synagogues and schools. Request rejected by authorities.
#
We now know that up to 50 Jewish children were hiding in the basement of the synagogue. They were celebrating a Bat Mitzvah.

https://twitter.com/MsIntervention

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2953594/Shots-fired-Copenhagen-cafe-free-speech-event.html

Copenhagen police shoot and kill lone wolf 'jihadi' responsible for two attacks on city in dramatic standoff at metro station as victims are named as film director and Jewish security guard at Bat Mitzvah

'They want to rebuke our freedom of speech.'

SMH. What on earth possesses people to commit atrocities like this ?
I'd like to say I hope le shot the right person and that will put an end to this terror.....but sadly this a probably incorrect. There seems to be a crop of misfit, malcontents that keep springing up.
Somewhat like the mythical Hydra monster --- when one head is lopped off-several new ones spring up in its' place.
God help us .
:moo:

May you both rest in gentle peace, Dan and Finn ! :(

Danish media is reporting the man suspected of carrying out attacks in #Copenhagen was 22 years old and was born and raised in Denmark
https://twitter.com/SkyNewsBreak/status/567013017452544000

He also had criminal record, history of violence & was known to police for gang related activity.

They haven't named him yet, which his typical in Europe to hide perp's identity as long as they can.

Perp Id-d as Omar Abdel Hamid El-Hussein.
Wonder which country he is from.
May be Syria.
He was born in Denmark per reports, living (now dead) proof muslims have problems to assimilate since he had long rap sheet/anti-social behavior.

Perp Id-d as Omar Abdel Hamid El-Hussein.
Wonder which country he is from.
May be Syria.
He was born in Denmark per reports, living (now dead) proof muslims have problems to assimilate since he had long rap sheet/anti-social behavior.

Well, one man's actions are not proof of the whole. There are plenty of "assimilated" persons of Muslim descent. I was arguing about it with a cousin of mine in Spain. But he said even those who immigrate later in life assimilate for the most part. He said women come totally dependent on their husbands but within a year they have their own bank accounts.

I know I saw in Holland two Muslim girls with head scarves out late- one at 9:00 pm, holding hands and cuddling with a guy on a park bench and the other at around 10:30 pm on the canal bank with a group of mixed friends, all joking around and smoking. Totally surprising to me. But illuminating. Thinking about it, my earlier emotional post on this thread is simplistic at best.

Most lone wolves in these countries are likely similar to our mass shooters or Timothy McVeigh or the mass murderer in Norway. Misfits. Losers. Criminals. Inadequate.

I know there are also the alienated immigrant, cosmic war (solidarity with a religious movement - "righteous" believers fighting in a war that's been going on since the dawn of time), poverty and disaffection issues to contend with that differentiate or motivate these particular murderers.

I dont know know the answers. Europe needs an immigrant population for labor proposes. But what happens when those born of immigrant parents aren't satisfied with their parents' lives? They feel caught between two cultures - not fully accepted anywhere and fully cognizant of the differences between them and others born in their countries. What happens to them? Those are the people ripe for radicalization.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back