CA CA - Michael Negrete, 18, Los Angeles, 10 Dec 1999

This case has always baffled me. He simply vanished seemingly without a trace. I can not believe that no new information has come up over the years.

Dogs traced his scent to a bus stop, but it ended there. I wonder if anything ever came of that clue.

I wonder if cadaver dogs were ever brought it to try to figure out if he was alive when he left the dorm. This is probably one of the most bizarre cases in my mind. Just nothingness! Gone!

I pray for his dear family that one day they can find answers. Who knows, maybe he has a case of amnesia and will one day return.

jat

For Michael and those who search for him.

With love and hope, Lanie

For Michael and those who love and miss him.

With love and hope, Lanie

Does anyone have any insights or information or thoughts on this case? It has stumped me for a long time.

Also I am wondering if anyone can shed any light on Ann Gotlib, Amy Pacnac, and Doug Simmons....all three cases also have stumped me
thanks!

Does Any One Have Any Updates Or Theories On Mikes Disapppearance
This Case Has Gone Stone Cold And Needs To Be Solved

Maybe you could post a link to this man, something with some info to jog peoples memory. I cant seem to recall this case, but I will do a search.

http://www.findmikenow.com/

I can't believe no progress has been made on this case. He has been on my mind all these years.

Michael Negrete was playing an on-line game on the computer in his dorm room at UCLA. Then he wasn't there anymore and has never been seen again.

I am sure LE looked at the possibility that he met someone on line and they arranged a meeting. I would assume they would have been able to track instant messaging. How horrible for the family to have no clues.

This case has always bugged me. Maybe because he was from San Diego, like I am, but also because I have a daughter that was going to be a freshman the next year and live in a dorm. That's what scared me, that he just disappeared from the dorm. Wierd and sad.

I remember when Michael Negrete disappeared. I was a student at UCLA when it happened. They had released a sketch of a possible witness, but as far as I know, they never found him, either.

I don't understand why Michael Negrete is not on LAPD's missing persons web site. He should be!

This case has always bugged me too. It seems like there are absolutely NO clues as to what happened to him.

i think as a group we have the power to put this case in the spotlight again.
I am going to speak to a friend of mine who knows John Walsh. Does anyone know if this case had been profiled on AMW? This family deserves closure, as although i fear we may have an unhappy ending, there;s always the possibility that he may be found alive. I know it aired frequently on some cold case show, but AMW is a good arena to get his case out. Whatdo yall think?

I'm glad to see Websleuthers looking at this case. I lived in LA when Michael disappeared and have always wondered what happened.

lets get this case to the forefront again, his family deserves closure. While it is unlikely Michael is still alive, we need to pressue investigators to keep up with the case, and/or continue the search. can anyone help, i sent an emial to AMW, they are looking into it, anyone help?

A few years ago another UCLA computer science student disappeared. I thought this was extremely odd -- what are the chances of that? But he turned up. It seems he had a nervous breakdown and lost his memory, but some kind family took him in and took care of him until he recovered somewhat.

I saw a website once which propagated the ridiculous notion that Danielle Van Dam's father was involved in Michael Negrete's disappearance. They also claimed that Mr. Van Dam had killed Tiffany Sessions and Jared Negrete (not related to Michael) and some other people scattered across the country. Their so-called "evidence" of this was laughable but I thought how much it would hurt the Van Dam family, and also the families of the missing people named, to read that. It's disgusting what some people will say.

those pics are definitely NOT a match, what would he be doing boxing, that guy is too muscular to be michael

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back