Found Deceased MA - Jaimee Mendez, 25, Swampscott, 6 Nov 2014 - #2 *Arrest*

KESfromMA

Reaction score
Police search for missing Swampscott woman
Young mother missing for several

LYNN, Mass. —Police from several North Shore communities are searching Sunday for a young Swampscott mother who has been reported missing.

Jaimee Mendez, 25, of Swampscott, has been missing since Thursday afternoon, according to family members.

Swampscott police confirmed they were searching for a missing 25-year-old Swampscott woman Sunday.

Officials said Mendez's family reported her missing Saturday afternoon.

The Essex County District Attorney's Office confirmed Sunday they were assisting in the search for Mendez.

Family members said police were searching a dumpster at CVS on Eastern Avenue in Lynn Sunday, where they found some of Mendez's belongings.

Mendez's family said they know who she was last seen with.

"She was worried, she was freaked out, she was with this guy and he was acting weird and she wanted to get out of there," said Alyssa Mendez, Jaimee Mendez's sister.

"The guy that she called went to pick her up and she never showed, and that's it, that's the last time anyone heard from her. Her phones been off until they found her phone, they found her phone, and her jacket and her ID," Alyssa Mendez said.

Family members said Jaimee Mendez is a Type 1 diabetic and can not go for this many days without her medication. Her son is severely autistic and family members said she would never leave him for this long.

http://www.wcvb.com/news/police-search-for-missing-swampscott-woman/29630600

Thread 1

Remains found on beach identified as missing Swampscott mother
Jaimee Mendez last seen in November

John Atwater speaks to Jaimee's Aunt at 11:37 PM EST Jan 30, '15

"The one thing I want people to remember is that she was a person and she was very loved," Amy Murray, Mendez's aunt, said.

Murray said the family is struggling to accept the reality that she is never coming home.

"Jaimee was a wonderful girl," she said. "She was a loving mother, devoted daughter and a loving sister."

Mother’s remains ID’d
Missing Swampscott woman was 25

By: Owen Boss Saturday, January 31, '15

The district attorney’s office has worked endlessly to find Jaimee,” Murray said. “We thank them for their efforts. This was always our main goal — to bring Jaimee home.

Steven,

Thank you for joining us during this most difficult time. As FindHG mentioned we are all here for the same purpose. To support the family and look at any and all possibilities that might help to bring justice for Jaimee at this time.

The silence from LE makes this all so difficult and thank you for filling in some of the blanks regarding the ME results thus far. I can only imagine how difficult this is for you and your family. In addition, the lack of LE not naming a POI under the circumstances I just can't wrap my mind around. Is LE speaking with you all on a regular basis regarding the investigation? Certainly there are some things that they cannot discuss but they should at least be able to let you know they are working diligently on finding answers and they are at least moving forward in the overall investigation based on what they know so far. For all of you, I certainly hope so...

My deepest condolences go out to you and the family. Stay strong...

Yes, we are all here for you Steven. And the rest of the family.

Perhaps you can clear up some of the questions we have had throughout this investigation. One question that has been bugging me (since MSM has reported different things) is, what did Jaimee actually say to her friends when she called them for help?

If you are restricted on what you're allowed to say, I understand. Just hoping you can clear up some of the confusion.

let me get verified and I will answer some questions. is this a closed thread ?

Thank you, <Mod Snip>, and findjaimee on WS, great news that you chose to be verified, respectfully. This is a public thread, but please ask the mods about closed threads. Thank you for letting us know.

Dear <Mod Snip>

Jaimee has touched my heart and so has your family. Your love for her shines through. I hope the support you receive here at Websleuths can provide you all with a bit of comfort. We will be honored to stand with you as you seek justice for your daughter. Jaimee will not be forgotten. Your family is in my prayers each day.

<Mod Snip>I think you may be asking if it's a closed thread because the last one you posted on is now showing as closed. Once a thread generates as many responses as Jaimee's has the Mods create a new thread (now #2) to make it easier to track back to comments. Jaimee had over 1,200 comments on thread #1 so hence the new open thread. On the first post here you can click on "thread #1" and go back to read but you can no longer comment there.

I know...very confusing and especially since you started posting towards the end of #1. Hopefully this all makes sense?

Thank you for taking the steps to become verified. It's a simple process but may take a couple days depending on your availability to speak to WS.

Also thank you again for joining us. Sending prayers to Jaimee, you and the entire family :praying:

<Mod Snip>, SDHELP actually answers your question more clearly than I. If you wish to link posts from the previous thread, such as your post #1190 , you can refer to the post number; or you can click on the post number, then copy the address line at the top after you click on it and paste the address line onto your new post.

<Mod Snip>I think you may be asking if it's a closed thread because the last one you posted on is now showing as closed. Once a thread generates as many responses as Jaimee's has the Mods create a new thread (now #2) to make it easier to track back to comments. Jaimee had over 1,200 comments on thread #1 so hence the new open thread. On the first post here you can click on "thread #1" and go back to read but you can no longer comment there.

I know...very confusing and especially since you started posting towards the end of #1. Hopefully this all makes sense?

Thank you for taking the steps to become verified. It's a simple process but may take a couple days depending on your availability to speak to WS.

Also thank you again for joining us. Sending prayers to Jaimee, you and the entire family :praying:

the grand jury has been reconvened. The exact reason is unknown to me

Jaimee is still at the medical examiners office and a cause of death has not been determined

That is weird. Wonder what they could possibly be deciding. Were they convened once before?

I would think the case is pretty compelling now that she has been found. Praying for all who love her and for all who are seeking some kind of justice for her. Mr. Mendez, I can imagine this is agonizing. I am going to hope and believe that the ME's office is throwing down their best to get some answers for you.

the grand jury has been reconvened. The exact reason is unknown to me

Jaimee is still at the medical examiners office and a cause of death has not been determined

So grateful to know<Mod Snip>

Please accept my best wishes for your family. I pray for you and your grandson and whole the family as you pursue

Justice for Jaimee

I would think the case is pretty compelling now that she has been found. Praying for all who love her and for all who are seeking some kind of justice for her. Mr. Mendez, I can imagine this is agonizing. I am going to hope and believe that the ME's office is throwing down their best to get some answers for you.

I thought it was pretty compelling before. I do think that the repeated grand juries mean that investigators are not backing down . Do grand juries do continuing dates? Or does the whole case get reheard? IS it the same jurors or new ones? once a month or ..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back