WV Train derailment Fayette County, Evacuation

I just want to say that Putnam Public Service's social media person is on the ball. Heading off any concern right off the bat. Well done.
Screen Shot 2015-02-16 at 2.50.40 PM.png

We have :earson: downstairs:

Back shortly with a link....

ETA: Here's the link to the post downstairs (in the Parking Lot), OP via Yoda :heartluv:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=11493752

For those of you who are unfamiliar, what we hear and post in the PL stays there (like Vegas). However, we are allowed to chime in upstairs (here) to let y'all know if something is happening so Members can head down to the "basement" if they wish to see what going on. Visitors do not have access to this area.

HTH......

:praying:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any updates on injuries / casualties?

:praying:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are we only supposed to discuss this in the PL? I'm confused. Surely this is a "current event"!

Are we only supposed to discuss this in the PL? I'm confused. Surely this is a "current event"!
Hi Nova. No, kim just linked the scanner thread because we had are ears on listening to the evacuations. :)

Press Release from Senator Manchin

Our office is closely in touch with federal, State and local officials, CSX representatives, residents and emergency responders in Fayette and Kanawha Counties, where today’s devastating train derailment has forced many local residents to evacuate the area. I know that there are many West Virginians in need, and we are doing everything we possibly can to help get the necessary resources and assistance as quickly as we can. Please remember to lend a helping hand to your neighbors at this time. As always, you can call any of my office numbers for assistance.
http://www.manchin.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/press-releases?ID=c62558ef-74f4-4d0e-a1e9-8f233611da00

Rachel Maddow Show talked about this tonight. Cars were filled with crude oil. Some has gotten into the river. The river supplies water to the surrounding residents so they shut the water until they can figure out what to do. She talked with a resident who heard the initial explosion. He thought an airliner had crashed but when his wife finally got thru to 911, they learned of the derailment. His wife is disabled so they elected not to evacuate and so far so good.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back