SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
kent_debra.jpg

Missing Since: November 8, 1975 from Bountiful, Utah
Classification: Endangered Missing
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Brown hair. Kent's nickname is Debby (also spelled "Debi" and "Debbie" in the media).

Details of Disappearance

Kent attended a high school play with her parents in her hometown of Bountiful, Utah during the evening of November 8, 1975. She left the school to pick her brother up from a local skating rink at approximately 10:30 p.m. while her parents stayed behind. Kent was last seen in the school's parking lot shortly after she exited the building. Witnesses later told authorities that they heard two terrified screams originating from the parking lot between 10:30 and 11:00 p.m. that evening. Another witness stated that he arrived at the school at approximately 10:30 p.m. and saw a light-colored Volkswagen Bug speeding away from the lot.

Kent never arrived at the rink to pick up her brother. Her parents waited at the school until 12:00 a.m. on November 9, when they realized that their family's car was still at the lot and Kent never departed for the rink. The police were called and discovered a small handcuff key laying on the pavement in the lot, but additional evidence was not recovered. The description of the Volkswagen Bug and the discovery of the key were earmarks of serial killer Ted Bundy, who confessed to Kent's murder before his 1989 execution. A photo of Bundy is posted below this case summary. Kent has never been located, but it is believed she was one of his victims. Other young women who are still listed as missing persons but believed to be Bundy's victims include Georgeann Hawkins, Nancy Wilcox, Denise Oliverson, Ann Burr, and Donna Manson.

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Utah Missing Person Clearinghouse

888-770-6477

I went over Debra Kent's dental records and attempted to construct a dental chart to compare to any UID dental charts that might be available. Debra had extensive dental work done. Here's what I came up with:

* Dental: Available
Upper (R to L, 01-16)NFFFNNNNNNNFFFFN
Lower (R to L, 32-17)NFFNNNNNNNNNFFFN
N = Natural Tooth
F = Filling

From what I can gather, She had fillings in 12 of her 32 teeth (#2, #3, #4, #12, #13, #14, #15, #18, #19, #20, #30, and #31).

CarlK, I saw your post on the Fruit Heights UID thread about Debbie being added and promptly removed from NamUs. I also know that Kent's dentals were in the files for the Strongsville Doe. Was that the first time dentals have been available for Kent?

Edit: she is back in NamUs with "dental available, will be entered later." Or something along those lines.

CarlK, I saw your post on the Fruit Heights UID thread about Debbie being added and promptly removed from NamUs. I also know that Kent's dentals were in the files for the Strongsville Doe. Was that the first time dentals have been available for Kent?

That's the first time her dentals have been publicly available. IDK whether LE had them, as she was not in NamUs until now.

Edit: she is back in NamUs with "dental available, will be entered later." Or something along those lines.

I see what happened. She was originally published as MP 27742, and now she's there as MP 27776

Looks like they had two casefiles for her, so they closed 27742 and published 27776.

Why's she been removed?

http://scottschulte.blogspot.com/2007/07/when-evil-walked-our-streets-davis.html

It appears they were able to get a probable burial location out of Bundy. When they searched there they found one human bone that was determined by the pathologist to match Debi's physical stature. Based on that they determined they had located her. Could they have removed the profile from NAMUS because they decided she's not technically "missing"? I wonder what the parameters are on listing someone? I mean, if the majority of their remains are still unlocated I would think it makes sense to keep them listed in case more remains are found, but maybe that is not how the system works? I am very curious to know how the system will ensure remains don't become listed as unidentified because there is no one to cross-match them with? Does that question even make sense?

Debi, I'm so sorry to talk about you in such a detached way. It sounds like you were a beloved, bright and energetic girl. The real you is the spirit shining in heaven. RIP, and blessings to your lovely family.

[video=youtube;SSNUxZrIvm8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSNUxZrIvm8[/video]

Wow, I really hope that they still have that kneecap somewhere in the ME's office so it can be tested to be absolutely sure. Her family deserves that after all this time.

Wow, I really hope that they still have that kneecap somewhere in the ME's office so it can be tested to be absolutely sure. Her family deserves that after all this time.

That may have been what happened. The story saved on DoeNet is from 2007 and they just now listed her as being found. That's 7 years.

I didn't even notice the date on the article. I think you're probably right, bflocket. RIP Debra.

I didn't even notice the date on the article. I think you're probably right, bflocket. RIP Debra.

If DNA did conclude it was Debra's kneecap, you'd expect it to be in at least local news at some point, out in Utah. This seems especially true since there is a connection to someone as notorious as Ted Bundy.

What happens if they find the other remains awhile from now? Are they entered again?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

What happens if they find the other remains awhile from now? Are they entered again?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I figure that if they find additional remains, they may be added if they aren't immediately tied to her. Then deleted once they confirm that they're part of her remains.

Bumping for Debra, today is her birthday.

Debbie Kent´s case is a nightmare. Is the type of case that makes you wonder "what if she hadn´t gone to the parking lot?", "what if she hadn´t have to go and pick her sibling?". To many what ifs.
And it is really weird that they only found a small kneecap. I wonder if the DNA test matched Debbie´s DNA.
I agree with what one of the OPs wrote: Why there were no big news if there was a match since that should prove that Bundy was the killer? And anything about Bundy is news.

The case is still open in Charley Project:
http://charleyproject.org/case/debra-jean-kent

The case is not on the NamUs database

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member