NY NY - Bronx, Castle Hill Rd/Zerega Ave, BlkMale 17-25, UP7877, Adam/Eve ring, Asian medallion, Aug'91

SilentSleuth

Despite the name, I like to talk!
Reaction score
NCMU1184314c1.jpg

Date Found: Aug 31, 1991
Location Found: Bronx, NY
Estimated Age: 17-25
Sex: Male
Race: Black
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Black
Estimated Height: 5'8"
Estimated Weight: 155 lbs

An unidentified male was found on August 31, 1991 near the intersection of Castle Hill Rd. and Zerega Ave. in Bronx, New York. The male had only been deceased a few hours before being found. He is estimated to be 17-25 years old. He stood 5’8” tall and weighed approximately 155 pounds. He had short buzzed black hair and a thin mustache. He had a small scar on the back of both his right and left hands along with several small scars on both knees. The male had seen a dentist in life as one filling was observed. The male was found with a ring depicting Adam and Eve under an apple tree and a necklace with an Asian medallion. The image above is a facial reconstruction completed by a NCMEC Forensic Artist and depicts what the male may have looked like in life.
http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMU/1184314/1#poster

Doesn't seem that possible, but Stevey Sommerville is interesting.
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/sommerville_stevey.html

NCMC1165370c1.jpg
NCMU1184314c1.jpg

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

WARNING PM

Case Numbers
NCMEC Number1184314
ME/C Case NumberB91-03734
Demographics
SexMale
Race / EthnicityBlack / African American
Possible First Name--
Possible Middle Name--
Possible Last Name--
Possible Nickname--
Estimated Age GroupAdult - Pre 30
Estimated Age Range (Years)17-25
Estimated Year of Death1991
Estimated PMIHours
Height5' 8"(68 inches) , Measured
Weight155 lbs, Measured
Circumstances
TypeUnidentified Deceased
Date FoundAugust 31, 1991
NamUs Case CreatedSeptember 22, 2010
ME/C QA ReviewedSeptember 23, 2010
Location Found Map
Street AddressCastle Hill Avenue and Zerega AvenueBronx, New York
CountyBronx County
GPS Coordinates40.840961, -73.852957
Circumstances of RecoveryUnknown black male was found by a bus driver in the bushes at Castle Hill Ave and Zerega Ave with gunshot wounds to the head. The bus driver had heard gunshots in the area a few hours earlier.
Details of Recovery

Inventory of RemainsAll parts recovered
Condition of RemainsRecognizable face
Physical Description
Hair ColorBlack
Head Hair Descriptionshort, kinky
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Descriptionsparse mustache
Left Eye ColorBrown
Right Eye ColorBrown
Eye Description--
Distinctive Physical Features
Item
Description
Scar/mark
.5" linear scar on back of both right and left hand

Clothing and Accessories
Item
Description
Jewelry
ring with adam and eve under apple tree, necklace with asian medallion
On the Body

Street view

Google Maps

***Warning PM photo on Namus*** www.namus.gov/UnidentifiedPersons/Case#/7877
He looks towards the younger end of the estimate to me, but of course death can relax the finer lines and play tricks. Wish there were photos of the Asian medallion!

@MadMcGoo wondering if you could post ruleouts? Seem to be a few people suggested above but not sure if suggestions/exclusions went through, or if they are worth looking at.

Doe Network hasn't been updated since 2018 www.doenetwork.org/cases/2485umny.html

Current list of UID exclusions per NamUs:
MP10332 David King 07/01/1991 Kings NY
MP21 Donald Johnson 11/18/1989 Davidson TN

Jewelry does seem interesting - with such a good photo of him (if there is such a thing) you’d think there would be photos of the jewelry as well. I wonder if the items are even still available to be photographed? Might be worth asking..

I wonder if the items are even still available to be photographed? Might be worth asking..
I walk on the wild side! Messaged the Namus contact about jewellery though IMHO they generally don't respond. I'm not sure if they just don't want to work with the online community anymore or are simply overwhelmed, but it's de-motivating.

I walk on the wild side! Messaged the Namus contact about jewellery though IMHO they generally don't respond. I'm not sure if they just don't want to work with the online community anymore or are simply overwhelmed, but it's de-motivating.
I think it may be a little of both unfortunately...and yes, it is discouraging. But I usually feel a little better knowing I tried! I hope you get an answer, otherwise, there’s always the LE agency :D

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back