If Patsy killed JBR in a rage, what does Patsy deserve?

GuruJosh

Inactive
Reaction score
If Patsy is found to have killed her daughter in a rage (over anything - bedwetting, whatever), and it was established that the killing was not premeditated, what does Patsy deserve as a punishment?

Being as specific as possible, on top of what she and her family have already suffered, what more does she deserve?

ASSUMING HYPOTHETICALLY the scenario that she killed JBR in a rage.

Note that I am not asking you to recite what Colorado law demands. I'm asking you personally, if you could MAKE the law, how would you "dish out justice" on Patsy in this case?

This is an interesting question. I have a personal distaste for lying. My family all know that it's best to come clean with me if they've done something wrong because I get 10 times madder if they lie about it. It stems from my upbringing. My father was very strict about the truth and always used to say that lying was one of the worst sins because it is the stealing of trust (which he valued very highly). He would say "You can see a thief, but you can't see a liar".

Anyway, to get back to the question. For me, if Patsy had killed JonBenet and had admitted it, I would have feel that she had given herself the ultimate punishment - i.e. to live with the loss of her precious chaild and the knowledge of what she had done. The fact that she had admitted it would say to me that she understood the severity of what she had done and was taking responsibility for her actions (something which I consider to be noble - no matter what the crime).

However, if she were to lie about what she had done, it would IMO say that she was trying to minimise what she had done by dismissing it - trying to cover it up. That says to me that she placed a higher value on herself than on her child. Also, to have pointed the finger at other people and had them considered as suspects would also be unforgivable. I would also despise her for allowing people to believe absolutely in her innocence - simply because she said she was. I could pity her for accidentally killing her child because I abslutely do not think she would have done it intentionally - but I would despise her for lying to cover it up.

In that case, I would lock her up and throw the key away.

GuruJosh said:
If Patsy is found to have killed her daughter in a rage (over anything - bedwetting, whatever), and it was established that the killing was not premeditated, what does Patsy deserve as a punishment?

Being as specific as possible, on top of what she and her family have already suffered, what more does she deserve?

ASSUMING HYPOTHETICALLY the scenario that she killed JBR in a rage.

Note that I am not asking you to recite what Colorado law demands. I'm asking you personally, if you could MAKE the law, how would you "dish out justice" on Patsy in this case?
What do you think Erica Michelle Green's (Precious Doe) parents deserve for killing her in a rage after she refused to go to bed? The cover-up was especially gruesome, as was the case with JBR. And, they allowed the lie to carry on for years as with JBR.

You didn't answer the question that you posed. What do you think would be a just punishment for Patsy in this case?

Life in prison w/o parole. Killing her would be too good for her. :mad:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back