GUILTY OR - Joshua Brown for attempted kidnapping of 9yo boy, Forest Grove, 2015

gregjrichards

Reaction score
"A 29-year-old man who allegedly walked into an Oregon elementary school and tried to kidnap a nine-year-old boy was stopped when the child's teachers realized what was going on and gave chase.

Joshua Brown walked through the the front doors of Joseph Gale Elementary School in Forest Grove on Thursday afternoon as hundreds of children were filing out for the day, police said.

He then reportedly strode into a classroom and picked up a third-grade boy, before attempting to walk out with him. However, two teachers, Sienna Garrett and Staci Heath, were in the room at the time.

Ms Heath, who was the first one to spot Brown, immediately demanded that he put the boy down while the child exclaimed loudly that he did not know the man who was holding him, school officials said.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...achers-realize-going-chase.html#ixzz3SLz1W1Ps

Thank God he was stopped and arrested but was this his first time?

First thing that comes to mind is Kyron Horman. This school is 26 minutes away from Skyline Elementary in Portland, OR.

Thank Goodness they caught the creep and maybe they can find out what else he has done in the past. I hope they release his mug shot soon. People need to see him.

First thing that comes to mind is Kyron Horman. This school is 26 minutes away from Skyline Elementary in Portland, OR.

Thank Goodness they caught the creep and maybe they can find out what else he has done in the past. I hope they release his mug shot soon. People need to see him.

I didn't know it was near where Kyron disappeared I haven't forgotten about his case. Joshua Brown's mugshot is at the link above and posted on other articles online so his mugshot is available. It seems this perp was very confident in attempting this crime it wouldn't surprise me if he has assaulted a child at the very least before. I hope not though.

Transient tries to abduct child from Forest Grove classroom

FOREST GROVE, Ore. -- A man accused of entering an elementary school classroom Thursday afternoon and trying to abduct a 9-year-old child he didn't know will appear in court Friday.

The suspect, later identified as 29-year-old Joshua Alan Brown, was in custody following a brief foot chase. He is facing charges including kidnapping, burglary and criminal mischief.

~Snip~

The child was not injured. Brown had no connection to anyone at the school, district officials said, and appeared to be under the influence of drugs. He has an extensive criminal history and police believe he was recently living in Beaverton and Portland.

http://www.kgw.com/story/news/crime/2015/02/19/man-picked-up-child-forest-grove-classroom/23706839/

According to newly-released court documents, Brown was in the school for quite a while before anyone noticed. He went to an upstairs classroom and walked around inside. Then he walked to a classroom across the hall and that’s where he picked up the boy, under each arm, and carried him about 15 feet to the door of the classroom.

He sat the boy down and went back inside to “shoo” the other kids out of the classroom, according to the court documents. A teacher told investigators that Brown was standing in front of the children’s cubbies and “shooing” them out of class.

http://www.katu.com/news/investigat...hild-was-in-school-for-a-while-293092951.html

According to newly-released court documents, Brown was in the school for quite a while before anyone noticed. He went to an upstairs classroom and walked around inside. Then he walked to a classroom across the hall and that’s where he picked up the boy, under each arm, and carried him about 15 feet to the door of the classroom.

He sat the boy down and went back inside to “shoo” the other kids out of the classroom, according to the court documents. A teacher told investigators that Brown was standing in front of the children’s cubbies and “shooing” them out of class.

http://www.katu.com/news/investigat...hild-was-in-school-for-a-while-293092951.html

I hope they figure out how he got into the building and take measures to prevent it happening again. After the Dunblane massacre here in Scotland my school had security entry and you could only get in the building if the receptionist pressed the button to open the door.

I had no idea this took place near Kyron Hormon's school. Thanks for all the information.

EXACTLY. I was barking loudly about that for a solid year after Kyron went missing.

I hope they figure out how he got into the building and take measures to prevent it happening again. After the Dunblane massacre here in Scotland my school had security entry and you could only get in the building if the receptionist pressed the button to open the door.
The problem was school was letting out for the day and there were parents everywhere with kids leaving the school. It gave him a way to come in relatively unnoticed.

This is what happened when Kyron Horman was abducted because of the Science fair being held at the school which was open to the public. There were reports of a man with brown hair early on, IIRC. I don't know if they ever ID'ed the man.

Kudos to the principal and staff for being so vigilant and jumping into action so quickly. And thank God this child was vocal in telling everyone that he didn't know this perv.

I am glad that he was bold enough to try and grab a 3rd grader. It worries me that he probably could have had success with a 6 yr old. Luckliy he did not try that. I hope he gets locked up for a long time. But he probably won't. :no:

Our schools in East Tennessee have had limited access for >5 years that I can remember. If you are buzzed in you have to go to the office and state your business before you can get access to the rest of the school. Scary stuff!

Can someone post the docket for this guy? I don't know how to. What were this guy's priors? We need to sleuth him out IMO. The Kyron angle is really bothering me.

I don't see anything about him having a vehicle. He wouldn't have gotten too far without one IMO.

No car: At 2:55pm this date, police responded to the area of Joseph Gale Elementary School on a report that a man had just entered a classroom at the school and had picked up a child and began carrying him. This was just after dismissal time for students. A teacher stopped the man and the school Principal and another staff member chased the suspect out of the school and through a neighborhood south and west of the school. A school Janitor called 911 while giving chase along with the Principal and updated the dispatcher on the man's location. The staff members reportedly observed the man try to make access into a residence and tried to access several vehicles. The suspect was observed entering the garage of a residence and getting into a vehicle before fleeing this location.

Staff members continued chasing the man as he entered several backyards but lost sight of him after he was seen going over a fence. Police arrived in the area and were directed to the yard by staff members where they found the man and placed him under arrest.

https://flashalert.net/news.html?id=3857

The child, a 7 y/o male and third grader at Joseph Gale, was not harmed. No other students or staff members were injured. Brown has no known connection to any student or staff member at the school. Brown has no known connection to Forest Grove.

The victim was 7 years old and a boy just like Kyron. Could be a coincidence but still?????

https://flashalert.net/news.html?id=3857

Some conflicting info about the age of the vicitm, some saying 7 and others 9.

Teachers Sienna Garrett and Staci Heath were in the classroom at the time, and Heath spotted Brown picking up the boy, Schlag said. When Heath demanded he put the child down, which he did, he told her the principal had asked him to evacuate the school.

Heath told Schlag the man seemed so high or drunk that he truly believed what he was saying. Police have not established a motive or a connection between Brown and the school.

So he wanted to evacuate the school? Hmmmm... and high on something.

http://www.oregonlive.com/forest-grove/index.ssf/2015/02/forest_grove_principal_details.html

I hope LE are all over Skyline school with this perps photo. Eerily similar to Kyron.

Said by a "stepmom did it" believer. :thinking:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back