Convicted paedophile working in Melbourne, Australia toy shop legally - outrageous

gregjrichards

Reaction score
"Convicted paedophile running a toy shop and model making workshops in the school holidays... and it's perfectly legal

Stephen Maxwell Murray was convicted of indecent assault in 1991
He later worked at a comic book store in Melbourne

He now works at an anime toy store in the city called Animasia
But Murray is not breaking any laws because there are no laws that stop convicted paedophiles from working in shops with young customers

Victorian Attorney General Martin Pakula has called for a review of the working with children laws in relation to the Sex Offenders Registration Act"

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...holidays-s-perfectly-legal.html#ixzz3Stok8w7f

This is outrageous and something needs to be done in Australia banning paedophiles working or being near children.

Disgusting isnt it!! It infuriates me, how the pedo's are so protected.

Name and shame them, and remove them from our streets. They should not be allowed to mingle in society. Let alone work in a store that has frequent Children customers. :angry:

Grr. We have one floating around in our outer circle at the moment and I want to scream at him. More should be done to keep them away from children in public- they certainly shouldn't be allowed to work in roles where contact with children is almost a given. AND we need a register like yesterday!

In America pedophiles can be banned from living near schools and playgrounds. I don't know about working regulations. That's an interesting thought. If they can here then something needs to be done about it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back