Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: December 26, 1952
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 120 lbs.
Hair Color: Blonde; long
Eye Color: Blue
Race: White
Clothing: A faded blue calf length denim dress, with a heavy,
off-white woolen cardigan, and a pair of beige and blue rope style sandals.
Case Number: 20080151OPP

Details of Disappearance
On the 27th of September 1978 Alison Thomas was visiting her boyfriend in Toronto, Ontario. Shortly after midnight she left his residence walking towards Yonge Street, Toronto. Alison Thomas had indicated that she was going to get a taxi cab to take her to her residence but she never arrived. An extensive investigation was conducted by the Toronto Police Service but to this day Alison Thomas has not been seen or heard from since."

I'm non plussed,why the police in Toronto never contacted me. I was living in Palo Alto ,California at the time,and received a phone call from Alison's mom,asking me,if she had by any chance,come out to see me.
Then she told me Alison was missing .
needless to say ,I was in shock.
I was her first serious boyfriend when she was going to school in France . (69-72 )
I never heard anything after that,and assumed she was found,safe and unharmed.
recently, I was going through old photos and love letters.
I found the photos of Alison and a few letters.
I then thought,it would be nice,to contact here out of the blue,and see what she was doing,and explain what happened back in 1978.
I couldn't believe,it ,when I pulled up her name.
She looked very little,like the photos the police posted .
I contacted an agency in Toronto and spoke to them.
They assured me the case was still open,and they in turn would have the police in Toronto ,contact me.
I never heard back from anyone.
How can the police in Toronto,claim they have looked into every possible scenario ,and never even contact me.
i have four photos of her.
two close up head shots.
She was blind as a bat,without her eyeglasses.
She must have been wearing contacts,in pictures.
I wish I could post photos I have .
if people were looking for a young woman,that looked like the photo,I've seen,it could be very misleading .
how do I post these pictures ?

I'm non plussed,why the police in Toronto never contacted me. I was living in Palo Alto ,California at the time,and received a phone call from Alison's mom,asking me,if she had by any chance,come out to see me.
I was her first serious boyfriend when she was going to school in France . (69-72 )
I then thought,it would be nice,to contact here out of the blue,and see what she was doing,and explain what happened back in 1978.
They assured me the case was still open,and they in turn would have the police in Toronto ,contact me.
How can the police in Toronto,claim they have looked into every possible scenario ,and never even contact me.
two close up head shots.
if people were looking for a young woman,that looked like the photo,I've seen,it could be very misleading .

Wow, thanks for posting here Jacobean, your info is very interesting, and i hope someone takes notice!

Eta, messaged Roselvr, regarding this post, she may know how to help update photos, info.

Unfortunately,this painting,in no way looks like Alison. She never had a severe look on her face. I don't know where to begin,in respect to posting pictures . Anyone know who the boyfriend was,and how he could be contacted ?
I can assure everyone,that has been using the image of Alison ,posted ,will not recognize ,her from the photos I have.
She would have had to have changed drastically ,in six years. As last I saw her she was possible twenty or twenty one years old.
Peoples physical characteristics ,don't change that much ,at that age. Apparently ,she still had long blonde hair,but if memory serves me,she was taller than 5ft 6 inches. Also closer to possibly 130 pounds.
This is so sad,and the Toronto Police did next to nothing .
How they could not have contacted me,like her mother did,I'll never understand ...

Wow, thanks for posting here Jacobean, your info is very interesting, and i hope someone takes notice!

Eta, messaged Roselvr, regarding this post, she may know how to help update photos, info.

Sorry Dot, I was really sick, then my washer and dryer went. Dryer is fixed, washer is still down, I have a family of 4 adults plus my 3 year old grandson.

two close up head shots.

Hi Jakobean, there are a few ways to post the photos; do you have them as a digital copy? If you do, you can scan or take pics with your cell.
Are you using a cell phone to post here? It uses the mobile version of Websleuths. If so, you would have to go to the bottom left of the page to switch it to WS2016, then come back here and attach them which can be time consuming if you're not used to message boards. You can email them to me if you'd like roselvr@gmail.com I can post them for you

Sorry Dot, I was really sick, then my washer and dryer went. Dryer is fixed, washer is still down, I have a family of 4 adults plus my 3 year old grandson.

Hi Jakobean, there are a few ways to post the photos; do you have them as a digital copy? If you do, you can scan or take pics with your cell.
Are you using a cell phone to post here? It uses the mobile version of Websleuths. If so, you would have to go to the bottom left of the page to switch it to WS2016, then come back here and attach them which can be time consuming if you're not used to message boards. You can email them to me if you'd like roselvr@gmail.com I can post them for you

Thanks so much for the info!
Hope you are feeling better now, the w/dryer always seems to break down when they are most needed, must be a sign that you deserve a litte break too!

http://www.missingadults.ca/viewMAcase.php?case=ON-MF-1978-09-01234

Additional Information :
On the night of her disappearance, Alison attended a dinner party at a boyfriend's home on Hillsdale Avenue.

At 12:30 a.m., Alison left the home and walked towards Yonge Street where she intended to hail a taxi.

Alison did not return to her residence and has not been seen since.

416-808-7400

OR

Crime Stoppers Toll-Free at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477)
Source Links : "Canadian Crimes" by Max Haines (1998)

Attachments

• showImage;jsessionid=cLvQZnQVB4kLLqfQ2PyTFGYfB25w07z0FK6zjD5vMTqS47p1J04Y!1287964404.jpg
    showImage;jsessionid=cLvQZnQVB4kLLqfQ2PyTFGYfB25w07z0FK6zjD5vMTqS47p1J04Y!1287964404.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 18
Such a shame those extra photo's of her never came through. Jakobean are you still with us? It would be really helpful to see other pictures of Alison.

The Doe Network: Case File 2604DFON
Case File 2604DFON

AMThomas.jpg

Alison Mary Thomas
Missing since September 27, 1978 from Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics

• Date Of Birth: December 26, 1952
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 26 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'6" (168 cm); 120 lbs. (54 kg)
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde, long hair; blue eyes. Slender build.
    • Clothing: Blue, denim, calf length dress; White, heavy woolen cardigan, beige and blue rope style sandals.
    • Dentals: Good
Circumstances of Disappearance
On the 27th of September 1978 Alison Thomas was visiting her boyfriend in Toronto Ontario.
Shortly after midnight she left his residence walking toward Yonge Street, Toronto.

Alison Thomas had indicated that she was going to get a taxi cab to take her to her residence but she never arrived.
An extensive investigation was conducted by the Toronto Police Service but Alison Thomas has not been seen or heard from since.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Ontario Provincial Police
Missing Persons and Unidentified Bodies/Remains Unit
1-877-934-6363 - Toll Free in North America
705-330-4144 - Local or outside of North America
Email
--
Crime Stoppers
1-800-222-TIPS (8477)

Agency Case Number: 20080151

Police think one man murdered two women

Toronto Star - Monday March 30, 1992

Two Victims: Deborah Silverman, and Alison Thomas both vanished one month apart in 1978. Silverman’s body was found three months later.

Two young Metro women who vanished about a month apart 14 years ago are cases that police believe may have been the work of a serial killer.

Deborah Silverman and Alison Thomas had both been in the Yonge St.-Eglinton Ave. area on the nights they vanished in late summer, 1978.

Silverman, a 21-year-old receptionist, had been out with friends at a disco on Eglinton Ave. before driving home alone later that night on Aug. 12.

Police said she was attacked just as she was walking into the back door of her apartment building on Bathurst St., near Finch Ave., around 3 a.m.

Investigators believe she struggled with her killer, who ripped off her clothes, leaving behind her panties and her purse just inside the door of the building.

Three months later, her body was discovered in a shallow grave in the Sunderland area, north of Whitby.

Her hands were tied behind her back. She had been shot to death.

She may have been followed home a man who frequented the same bar, one detective said.

Just over a month later, 26-year-old Alison Thomas went to a dinner party at a home in the Yonge and Eglinton area.

She left by herself late that night on Sept. 29 telling friends she was going to walk to a taxi stand on Yonge St. and take a cab home.

It was the last time anyone ever saw, or heard from her again.

I have a different photograph but when I tried to upload it the file was too large. I did post it to a Facebook page Called “give me hope bring me home” which featured Alison

I have a different photograph but when I tried to upload it the file was too large. I did post it to a Facebook page Called “give me hope bring me home” which featured Alison
Welcome to Ws Bonacker1984, it would be great to have another pic of Alison!

I looked for the pics on the Facebook page, but there are still no additional pictures.....annoying....

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back