AZ AZ - Williams, Coconino Co, 'Devil Dog Doe' WhtFem 411UFAZ, 55-65, off I-40, Oct'03

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
Her body rests in the potter's field portion of Citizen's Cemetery. The grave is unmarked. Her identity is unknown.
Investigators with the Coconino County Sheriff's Office call her "Devil Dog" Doe. She was named after the road that runs past where her body was found on Oct. 24, 2003.

She was murdered. Somebody hit her in the head and dumped her body, naked and with no identification. Hunters, out for deer on the first day of the season west of Williams, found her body about 200 yards from their camp. She'd been there for three days to two weeks.

An interesting piece of evidence could also now prove fruitful, Jones said. Doe had a bite mark on her right arm. Advances in DNA-identification could make it possible to distinguish between Doe's DNA and DNA of the person who made the bite. There's no guarantee, but there's a chance a lead might develop.

Jones has also developed a theory that Doe might even be a foreigner, perhaps from northern Europe. He's already begun making inquiries with law enforcement agencies in other countries for information on missing people.

Doe has had lots of dental work -- crowns, bridge work -- in excess of $20,000. Her nails were beautifully manicured.
http://www.azdailysun.com/non_sec/nav_includes/story.cfm?storyID=113062

I think they should have a weekly show that has all these missing persons cases on it with their pictures. I would watch it, and I know people with missing loved ones would watch it. The more people that see these missing the better. Someone somewhere has seen these people! This just infuriates me. Now only are they unclaimed, but they are without justice, and as long as they remain a Doe they are not getting any!

gardenmom said:
I think they should have a weekly show that has all these missing persons cases on it with their pictures. I would watch it, and I know people with missing loved ones would watch it. The more people that see these missing the better. Someone somewhere has seen these people! This just infuriates me. Now only are they unclaimed, but they are without justice, and as long as they remain a Doe they are not getting any!

There has been some mention of this in the media, but nothing solid. There is a campaign here on WS toward that end. Here is the link:
http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26445

Hunters discovered the woman after one of them fired a shot at a deer and came upon her body on Oct. 24, 2003, a few miles west of Williams off Interstate 40. Marks at the scene indicated she had been dragged 60 to 70 feet.

She suffered a fatal blow to the head and was found facedown and naked, said Chuck Jones, a former FBI agent who is voluntarily investigating the case for the Coconino County Sheriff's Office.

There was little blood found at the scene or in her body, indicating that she was killed elsewhere, Jones said.

The woman had died three to 14 days before she was found, but Jones said it was likely closer to three. She was lying in a cool, shady, wooded area.

She was just under 5 feet 5 inches tall, weighed about 150 pounds and was estimated to be 45 to 65 years old.

Despite finding extensive dental work and detailed information about her physical and medical condition, the woman's identity and that of her killer remain a mystery.

She does not appear to be a transient, but rather a person who took care of herself and should most likely have someone searching for her.

The woman had $20,000 worth of dental work, Jones said, including a full gold crown, a bridge in the lower-right posterior of her mouth and indications of a root canal. She also had a prominent mole on the left side of her forehead that was probably covered by hair.

The medical examiner determined that she had pneumonia at some point in her life and also found some evidence of heart disease. She had a skin condition, which possibly led to treatment from a dermatologist.
http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/local/articles/0805coldcase05.html

Devil Dog???? That is insulting in my book. They could have at least given her a pretty name!

Bobbisangel said:
Devil Dog???? That is insulting in my book. They could have at least given her a pretty name!

I don't think any disrespect was intended. She got that name because that was the name of the road she was found near.

mysteriew said:
Her body rests in the potter's field portion of Citizen's Cemetery. The grave is unmarked. Her identity is unknown.
Investigators with the Coconino County Sheriff's Office call her "Devil Dog" Doe. She was named after the road that runs past where her body was found on Oct. 24, 2003.

She was murdered. Somebody hit her in the head and dumped her body, naked and with no identification. Hunters, out for deer on the first day of the season west of Williams, found her body about 200 yards from their camp. She'd been there for three days to two weeks.

An interesting piece of evidence could also now prove fruitful, Jones said. Doe had a bite mark on her right arm. Advances in DNA-identification could make it possible to distinguish between Doe's DNA and DNA of the person who made the bite. There's no guarantee, but there's a chance a lead might develop.

Jones has also developed a theory that Doe might even be a foreigner, perhaps from northern Europe. He's already begun making inquiries with law enforcement agencies in other countries for information on missing people.

Doe has had lots of dental work -- crowns, bridge work -- in excess of $20,000. Her nails were beautifully manicured.
http://www.azdailysun.com/non_sec/nav_includes/story.cfm?storyID=113062

Authorities need to talk with Keith Jesperson who is already incarcerated. He was a truck driver (long haul) that has been proved to be a serial killer. That was one of his travel areas and he had that same MO.

mysteriew said:
I don't think any disrespect was intended. She got that name because that was the name of the road she was found near.

I know but couldn't they have given her a nice name as she has no one that has claimed her? I think that is sad to end up murdered and then to be called "Devil Dog." I think that is really sad.

Her body rests in the potter's field portion of Citizen's Cemetery. The grave is unmarked. Her identity is unknown. Investigators with the Coconino County Sheriff's Office call her "Devil Dog" Doe. She was named after the road that runs past where her body was found on Oct. 24, 2003.

She was murdered. Somebody hit her in the head and dumped her body, naked and with no identification. Hunters, out for deer on the first day of the season west of Williams, found her body about 200 yards from their camp. She had been there for three days to two weeks.

Doe has had lots of dental work - crowns, bridge work - in excess of $20,000. Her nails were beautifully manicured.
http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/local/articles/0822coldcase22.html

concernedperson said:
Authorities need to talk with Keith Jesperson who is already incarcerated. He was a truck driver (long haul) that has been proved to be a serial killer. That was one of his travel areas and he had that same MO.

CP, would you consider making a report on that?
Chuck Jones is the investigator
911 E. Sawmill Rd.
Flagstaff, Arizona, 86001
(928) 774-4523 / 800-338-7888
Info like that could help the investigator to give him a direction to look, and maybe get him to extend his search area.
There is an online contact form where you could send it to the sheriff and to the attention of Chuck Jones. http://co.coconino.az.us/feedback.asp?From=sheriff

http://doenetwork.org/cases/411ufaz.html
Case 411ufaz

Unidentified White Female
The victim was discovered on October 24, 2003 west of Williams, Coconino County, Arizona
Cause of Death: Blunt force trauma to the head
Estimated Date of Death: 3 days - 2 weeks
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vital Statistics
Estimated age: 55 - 65 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'4"; 150 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Short gray hair with some blonde; Brown or hazel eyes. Her nails were beautifully manicured. 1/4" square mole above left side of forehead, mole on tip of right shoulder, mole over left collarbone, mole on front of right lower leg, mole over the middle part of the right ankle, scar below right knee, scar over the back side of the right forearm, scar over the back side of the left hand, suffers from senile ecchymosis (a condition that looks like bruising) over the back side of the right upper arm. There were no piercings or tattoos.
Dentals: Available. Extensive dental work -- crowns, bridge work -- in excess of $20,000. Tooth# 14 has porcelain fused to a metal crown, a root canal was performed on tooth #14 sometime after the crown was placed, tooth #15 has a full gold crown, three unit fixed partial denture [bridge] in the back lower right side of mouth, the bridge abuts tooth #28 on the mesial and covers over or replaces tooth #29 and #30 with either tooth #31 or tooth #32 on the distal abutment.
Clothing: None
Fingerprints/DNA: Available
Other: Results of isotope test indicates the victim could have spent her formative years in Central Europe possibly Vienna, Austria and spent the last decade of her life in Western France, possibly near Paris.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Case History
On October 24, 2003, deer hunters found the body of a woman laying face down in a wooded area off Devil Dog Road about one mile South of Interstate 40 and six miles West of Williams, Arizona. This area is a popular entrance into the Grand Canyon National Park. The victim died from a single blow to her head and was likely killed someplace other than where her body was discovered.
Nationwide missing persons searches have not produced identification. She may be a foreigner, perhaps from northern Europe. Autopsy reports indicate she had eaten approximately 1 to 3 hours prior to her being murdered, that she had pneumonia in the right lung and there was some evidence of heart disease.
Cause of death has been determined to be that of homicidal violence.

====================================================

Possible match?
Annelise Schweickardt
http://www.nampn.org/cases/schweickardt_annelise.html

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
Missing Since: April 9, 2003 from Sarasota, Florida
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: July 1, 1934
Height: 5'3"
Weight: 125 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Race: White
Distinguishing Characteristics: German citizen
AKA: Annalee Schweickardt
Case Number: S2003088660
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Details of Disappearance
Schweikardt had been living in Sarasota since 1995 in a duplex style villa located at 5619 Monte Rosso Road. Based on the preliminary investigation, the Sheriff's Office believes Schweickardt has been missing since early April of 2003, and that Schweickardt may be a victim of foul play.

Schweickardt had a tenant in April, a 44 year old W/M, named John Mellquist. Mellquist told deputies on April 28, 2003, that Schweikardt was out of the country. Annelise was known to travel to Canada and Germany; however investigators have been unable to substantiate that Schweikardt ever left the country.

=====================================

Possible match?

Ruby Estelle Dorman
http://www.nampn.org/cases/dorman_ruby.html

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
Missing Since: April 20, 2003 from Laughlin, Nevada
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: July 7, 1924
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 152 lbs.
Hair Color: Red
Eye Color: Blue
Race: White
Distinguishing Characteristics: Glasses
Medical Conditions: Diabetic--takes daily medications
Clothing: Black sweater, slacks and shoes.
NCIC Number: M-833189790
Case Number: 030422-1983
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Details of Disappearance
Ms. Dorman was met at her work (possibly) by her daughter, Julianne White. At the time, Ruby was working as a buffet hostess at the Flamingo Laughlin. Julianne returned Ms. Dorman's vehicle to the residence (this was witnessed by a roomate) and left the area. Dorman's purse and keys were left in the car. Ruby has not been seen since. It is believed that her daughter may have killed her, though there is no physical evidence to say that definitively.

According to the Las Vegas Sun, White has for years believed Dorman had followers of Charles Manson kill White's aunt in 1969. White's family told investigators that during her childhood and adult life, White blamed her mother for the death of her aunt, Rosemary La Bianca, who was the sister of White's father. Rosemary La Bianca and her husband, Leno, were stabbed to death in August 1969, in their Los Angeles home. Followers of Charles Manson were convicted of the murders. Evidence didn't support White's allegations, however, and Dorman was never charged in connection with the La Biancas' deaths.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Unidentified woman:

Ruby Dorman:

Annelise Schweickardt:

I wonder if the suspect can be placed in Arizona during that time? Williams is right off Rt 40, which is one of the major throughfares from California to all points east. It is what became of the old Rt 66 (at least through AZ and NM). If he can be placed in CA, NV, NM, or AZ during that time period, I would think that this is her.

I would turn this one in. The UID looks a lot like Annelise Schweickardt. Good Sleuthing!

Thank you all for the encouragement. I called it in. The detective is checking on it.

This looks like a very good possibility. Another aspect in favor of this possibility is that Annelise Schweikardt was a German citizen. The isotope analysis done on the body which suggests the victim was possibly of Northern European origin fits wonderfully. Great sleuthing!

If she has been missing since April 2003 and the body was found in October of 2003 and had only been deceased 3 days to 2 weeks then wouldn't that rule her out? I guess they aren't certain of the date she went missing, but with no bank account activity I would think she was killed in April or May? Just a thought......

If she has been missing since April 2003 and the body was found in October of 2003 and had only been deceased 3 days to 2 weeks then wouldn't that rule her out? I guess they aren't certain of the date she went missing, but with no bank account activity I would think she was killed in April or May? Just a thought......

I was also thinking along those lines. It's 6 months of time passing so the body would have sat there in the Grand Canyon all summer long. Still worth a shot though!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back