Identified! AL - Huntsville, Female 148UFAL, 15-19, Oct'97 - Cynthia Davis

But height & weight are approximate - the gap and face shape are close - I think its a possibility.

Looks like it could be....... have you emailed the PD these pictures yet? would be a good idea...... they have dental records of the alabama girl so could be very easy to rule out.

Good Eye!

There is a resembelence - but the hight is a big difference.. Its worth a try !!

Let us know if you do e-mail the police and if you hear of anything.

I definitely see a resemblance in the pictures.
I'm usually awful at trying to match unidentified victims with listed missing people.
This was great sleuth work, imo! ;)
There is a height difference, but it could be only due to appriximations being made, or, and I'd hate to say this but maybe there were parts missing and that made her appear smaller?
Anyway, I think it's definitely worth a try to email or call in a tip.
The LE in Alabama may know little to nothing about this case in Missouri, and vice versa.
Let us know if you do!

I would definately call it in.

What could it hurt? I wouldn't worry so much about the height............the picute look nearly identical.

Let us know if you call it in.

I did it once before too when they had found the body of a woman who match a missing woman. You can pm me if you have any questions.

since they both have NCIC numbers wouldn't that mean they are in the same database somewhere and have already been checked?

I called the sheriff's dept in hunstville and left a detailed msg for the officer working on the jane joe case. I left the ncic number of the other girl for comparison and my number. Haven't heard anything but I'm sure these things take time.

stormonster said:
http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/148ufal.html this girl was found in Alabama age 14-17 in October 1997 (thought to have been dead 1 - 1/2 years before discovery)

this girl ran away in 1994 at the age of 13 and I could see a resemblance in the age progression.

http://www.find-missing-children.org/Posters/poster117.htm

So any sleuthing opinions out there?
stormonster, I agree that these girls look strikingly familiar. I have posted a photo where you can see all three images side-by-side.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v505/pinkpanther1/AllThreePictures.bmp

The first picture is of the girl found in Alabama. The second is of the girl that ran away at age 13 and the third is of an age progression of the girl that ran away.

I was wondering if they rendered the found girl with curly hair because that is what they found? If so it looks like the runaway had naturally curly hair. I haven't heard anything but I hope they at least checked it out. Thanks for doing the side by sides.

stormonster said:
I was wondering if they rendered the found girl with curly hair because that is what they found? If so it looks like the runaway had naturally curly hair. I haven't heard anything but I hope they at least checked it out. Thanks for doing the side by sides.
No problem. Anything if it helps. I would have posted them so that the images appeared directly without having to click on the link but for some reason, we can't seem to do that on these threads??? Do you know if there is a reason that this isn't allowed? (If there isn't, I can try and post so that the image shows up directly.)

I definately see a resemblence. THe gap between the teeth is earily the same.
Rember, the Jane Doe had been dead 1 to 1/2 years which makes the drawing even more important. The similarities are striking. Have they run a DNA match if they can?

Great sleuthing! I think they do resemble each other - the facial features, gap in the front teeth...Please let us know what you find out!

The girls are strikingly simular. Please look again carefully at the base of the nose. The child and the age progression: Nose look the same. The other if You look carefully it appears that the base of the nose (closest to the face) is quite a bit differntly shaped and some wider...just my observation. The height is a big dif too. I guess ya never know and I would check it out.

Dwin

sometimes the reconstruction is not always 100% also i see a very striking resemblance i hope u hear from le soon

I drive past Kelly Spring Road on a weekly basis and almost every time, I think of this girl. She's a teenager and was found in north Huntsville in the Harvest area back in 1997. Her body had been there for up to a year or so. I'm a social worker and work with foster kids, so I am constantly advocating for children who do not have much of a chance without people to help them out. This girl was 15 to 19 years old and I cannot believe that no one ever missed her. It said she'd had excellent dental care also. I have looked on Doenetwork and the Center for Missing and Exploited Children but I have found noone who resembles her who went missing/or was a runaway in the two years before the body was found. Someone has to know something. It just really bothers me that she has no name and she is just a child. Does anyone out there know about this case?
Here is the link to the info on it:

http://doenetwork.org/cases/148ufal.html

Thanks for reading! :)

I had forgotten about this untill you posted this. I live in Hunstville and think the LE have a good record in solving cases. Welcome toWS. Hope you enjoy this site as much as I do.

Kristina Bishop

comparison photos

We touched on this November of last year. The photos at the link are what we used to compare these two girls.

I even went so far as to call Madison county and they were really nice and called and emailed me back. I believe they checked this out and were pursuing something about a crosscountry truck driving serial killer. Maybe with more and more arrests, it will come out.

I was there this weekend and when I got on Indian Springs Road I thought about her and resolved to check into it again. It is just too sad. I'll keep looking if you will :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back