NH - Oliver Hooper The Real Estate Serial Rapist, Dover, 2005

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
More women in more communities around the Bay State believe the man known as the real estate rapist has found his way to their front doors.

NewsCenter 5's David Boeri reported that the man is accused of raping a teenager in Dover, N.H. He got into her house by pretending he was interested in buying it. Now, it appears he approached more Massachusetts women in Newburyport.

Newburyport police said that they have been contacted by six people who said that they saw the man.

"All of the people that are calling, either there are houses for sale, or the house was directly adjacent to a house for sale. He is coming up wanting to see the house, wanting to view the house without a real estate agent and without an appointment," Newburyport Police Department Lt. Rick Siemasko said.

The man described by the women matches the man posing as a homebuyer in Dover.

"He is articulate and well-dressed. Some of the people described it as business casual -- a dress shirt, dress pants, crisp looking and someone that you would think would be in the market for a home," Siemasko said.

"We are getting the same description that Dover got. It was a blue minivan," Siemasko said.
http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/4811159/detail.html

Oliver Daniel Hooper, 34, was charged with two counts of felonious sexual assault. A 19-year-old woman told police that a man matching Hooper's description talked to her briefly about the house and then forced his way in and raped her last week.

Fenniman said that Hooper went to the Dover Police Department with a lawyer Thursday night because he wanted to make himself available to police because his co-workers believed he fit the description of the rape suspect. Police distributed a composite sketch based on the victim's description.

Hooper was identified by the rape victim and a Massachusetts witness in a photo lineup after he went to the station, Fenniman said. Hooper did not make a statement or answer questions about the case, police said.

Ten other women in New Hampshire and Massachusetts reported being approached by a man asking about their homes for sale. In those cases, police said the man left after finding out that the women were not alone or that they were pregnant.

Police said that Hooper has lived in Maryland, Illinois and Framingham, Mass., and there may be other victims that have not come forward.

Hooper was ordered held on $500,000 bail after his arraignment Friday afternoon.

Police are still looking for a blue Dodge Caravan they said was used in the attack. It has Maine license plate 5633 ME and is registered to the company Hooper works for in Portland, Maine. Police said Hooper works as a sales representative for a plumbing and heating supply company, but they wouldn't release the company's name.
http://www.thewmurchannel.com/news/4813439/detail.html

Thank goodness this one is behind bars now. That is a lot of rapes and I am sure one step away from something even more horrible.

Something similar happened in Atlanta a couple of years ago. A recently released con with a burglary record walked into a new home on site office where 2 agents were. He proceeded to tie them up, raped and then murdered them. This happened in broad daylight with not 1 but 2 agents, generally considered the safest scenario. I am a firm believer in longer sentences and more evaluation before ever releasing certain people. This guy didn't want to go back to the pen so he eliminated the witnesses.

So, I say the same thing for this rapist except he should get life in prison.

A grand jury has indicted a 34-year-old Maine man accused of raping a 19-year-old woman while he purportedly shopped for a home.

Oliver Hooper faces five charges of aggravated felonious sexual assault and one kidnapping charge.

Police said Hooper pretended to be interested in buying the Dover home to gain access to his victim.

Only one woman reported being raped but many witnesses who had homes for sale in New Hampshire, Maine and Massachusetts said a man resembling Hooper had visited them.
http://www.wpri.com/Global/story.asp?S=4017312&nav=F2DO

There was a rapist operating in the Atlanta area not too long ago who would set up appointments to look at houses with female agents and raped, robebd them & took their cars. I think he also killed at least one, maybe two of them towards the end of his spree.

BillyGoatGruff said:
There was a rapist operating in the Atlanta area not too long ago who would set up appointments to look at houses with female agents and raped, robebd them & took their cars. I think he also killed at least one, maybe two of them towards the end of his spree.

I would have to research the archives but the one you are speaking of was a team. They didn't kill anyone but robbed their cars and raped. This was in the Chamblee area of Atlanta.As far as I know no one was killed. The other case I referenced was the one that killed the 2 agents in Cobb county. I am a Real Estate Agent in Atlanta and we get updates daily about what to expect. I don't take anyone without referrals anymore.I would never have my name and phone number on a car that drives around this area unless I had a bodyguard. Too risky. In addition to possible rapists we have the mortgage fraud dudes which I have run into at least twice. It is like I would rather be poor than extinguish my life with lowlifes. Business isn't a handshake and a nod anymore.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back