Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

LambChop

Former Member
Reaction score
Please continue your discussions here.

:drama:

Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Roland Steinle heard tearful pleas for leniency from Devault's three daughters, but he picked the harsher punishment.

Steinle said he rejected Devault's claim that she committed the murder because she was a victim of domestic violence and instead noted that he believes she killed him out of greed.

Devault said she killed her husband in self-defense and told investigators he had physically and sexually abused her in the past.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ife-killing-husband-hammer.html#ixzz3TnpBnTYB
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Sure sounds familiar, let's hope Judge Stephens see's things the same way........not sure what to expect from her.

Please continue your discussions here.

:drama:

:seeya: "Drama" ... lol !

Yep lots of :drama: full of :dramaqueen:'s !

I just hope and pray that the County investigates EVERYTHING that has surfaced since the mistrial ... and this would include:

- Juror #17.
- Juror #17's husband -- he did an interview -- oh wait, it was "anonymous" but he talked.
- MDLR
- JAII website
- JA
- JA's family/friends/supporters who were involved with MLDR, JAII, etc.
- The Defense Team
- ALL Social Media accounts, e-mails, texts, etc. of all of the above.

:waitasec: Did I leave anyone out ?

:moo:

Morning, y'all. Some good news to start the day ... Marissa DeVault's sentencing hearing photo indicates that JA will be hearing her fate wearing her jail uniform and chains for all to see:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2650416/Woman-gets-life-killing-husband-hammer.html

:seeya: BUT ... BUT wait ... this is JSS's courtroom ... and Nurmi and Wilmott will not want Jodi to be seen in her "stripes" ...

He will beg JSS that she be sentenced in clothing because seeing the killer in "stripes" may be prejudicial ...

:waitasec: And the former "Cougarlicious" just picked up from the dry cleaners a nice ensemble for the killer to wear for this special event ... wouldn't want that to be a waste ...

:gaah: :gaah: :gaah:

Does anyone feel JA will try to appeal? What if she did get a new trial? What are the chances she would get another hung jury with this one sooooo close to DP?

:seeya: BUT ... BUT wait ... this is JSS's courtroom ... and Nurmi and Wilmott will not want Jodi to be seen in her "stripes" ...

He will beg JSS that she be sentenced in clothing because seeing the killer in "stripes" may be prejudicial ...

:waitasec: And the former "Cougarlicious" just picked up from the dry cleaners a nice ensemble for the killer to wear for this special event ... wouldn't want that to be a waste ...

:gaah: :gaah: :gaah:
As a compromise may I suggest a standard issue jail outfit custom tailored by a top design house specially for Jodi to reflect the cutting edge sentencing scene of 2015.
I bet they can make a bold statement with striped face paint, and a touch of red.

Now tilt your head Jodi, like you do. Perfect.

:seeya: "Drama" ... lol !

Yep lots of :drama: full of :dramaqueen:'s !

I just hope and pray that the County investigates EVERYTHING that has surfaced since the mistrial ... and this would include:

- Juror #17.
- Juror #17's husband -- he did an interview -- oh wait, it was "anonymous" but he talked.
- MDLR
- JAII website
- JA
- JA's family/friends/supporters who were involved with MLDR, JAII, etc.
- The Defense Team
- ALL Social Media accounts, e-mails, texts, etc. of all of the above.

:waitasec: Did I leave anyone out ?

:moo:

I was thinkin' about this last night, sadly I don't think the DA's office is going to look much further into any of this unless the national news media forces them to. The national news media appears to barely be interested, other than the fact that she escaped the death penalty. Fox 10 and Troy Hayden, sure they are interested, but they aren't national, just a local station.

If the DA's office starts launching investigations into every juror that votes differently from the rest of the pack, they won't able to get jurors to show up anymore. I think they are going to investigate how the jurors names made it to the Pro-Jodi website and hold some people accountable for that, but I'm doubtful they are going to try and go after juror #17.

If juror #17 voluntarily admitted that she was coerced or influenced in some way by the defense team, then they might investigate it further. If she chooses to keep her mouth shut and forces them to try and prove all of these allegations, I don't think it is going to end up going anywhere.

Does anyone feel JA will try to appeal? What if she did get a new trial? What are the chances she would get another hung jury with this one sooooo close to DP?
Appeals will become the purpose of her life, but like everything else, she will end up a failure.

Absolutely! She will never stop fighting for her freedom, claiming the whole time she is just an abused wall flower who does not belong in prison.

I was thinkin' about this last night, sadly I don't think the DA's office is going to look much further into any of this unless the national news media forces them to. The national news media appears to barely be interested, other than the fact that she escaped the death penalty. Fox 10 and Troy Hayden, sure they are interested, but they aren't national, just a local station.

Respectfully Snipped for space:

:seeya: I think you are correct here, steelman.

:( And it is unfortunate because Travis, and the Alexander Family, deserved so much more than this !

If the DA's office starts launching investigations into every juror that votes differently from the rest of the pack, they won't able to get jurors to show up anymore. I think they are going to investigate how the jurors names made it to the Pro-Jodi website and hold some people accountable for that, but I'm doubtful they are going to try and go after juror #17.

If juror #17 voluntarily admitted that she was coerced or influenced in some way by the defense team, then they might investigate it further. If she chooses to keep her mouth shut and forces them to try and prove all of these allegations, I don't think it is going to end up going anywhere.

I agree, the bolded part, that's probably the only issue with any traction.

I think she will try and do anything and everything she can to keep her face on the television and disrupt the court system to the greatest extent possible. She will also need to keep her faithful followers sending money into her bank account. The way to accomplish that is to be visible and loud and stay in the limelight.

Just the fact she is tweeting while in the county jail, with the sheriff unable to prevent it, gives us a preview of things to come.

It's all about her........ALL the time.

Absolutely! She will never stop fighting for her freedom, claiming the whole time she is just an abused wall flower who does not belong in prison.
But then she'd be pissing off Angela Simpson more by the minute, who would be becoming more and more determined to make an 'honest' woman out of her...

Just wanted to say :tyou: :tyou: :tyou: LambChop for sticking with us throughout this seemingly never ending :drama:
:rollercoaster:

As we start out on Thread #4, I appreciate your hard work, patience and love. You put up with so much, and always seem so fair IMO.

You're the best!
:grouphug:

:gthanks:

:gomods:

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the death penalty off the table if she appeals and gets a whole new trial if the official investigation proves juror misconduct? If so, what has she got to lose?

But then she'd be pissing off Angela Simpson more by the minute, who would be becoming more and more determined to make an 'honest' woman out of her...

Jodi may meet her match in Angela Simpson!! That is one scary scary woman. She was THRILLED she got life so she could be with her "sisters", admits she would like to kill again, and beleives justice for her would have been the DP. I hope she and Jodi are living very close to each other

IMO, an appeal means more time in the spotlight, more access to the AZ taxpayers' money, more chances to inflict her twisted will on the world. Even though I believe it should be the State should be the one driving this process to get a new trial.

I truly believe j17 was an outlier in every sense of the word. The other jurors AND alternates saw through the dt's BS, and were fully prepared to vote for death. This tells me that it is worth it for the State to pursue an appeal.

As many of my fellow WSers have stated (and as a previous resident and taxpayer of the State of AZ), there are $3M reasons they should proceed. In addition to the heartbreaking wishes of the Alexander Family.

:twocents:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think she will try and do anything and everything she can to keep her face on the television and disrupt the court system to the greatest extent possible. She will also need to keep her faithful followers sending money into her bank account. The way to accomplish that is to be visible and loud and stay in the limelight.

Just the fact she is tweeting while in the county jail, with the sheriff unable to prevent it, gives us a preview of things to come.

It's all about her........ALL the time.

I agree she will try but she is nothing unless the media covers her antics....even right now right after this hung jury they are rapidly dwinding and pretty soon not even Troy will be covering...Jm continues with his prosecutions of so many other vile creatures and even her defense team moving on....I can guarantee probably one of the few true statements nurmi made was not liking her...lots of people including the judge "tolerating" her because they had to...soon they don't have to anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member