MI MI - Eric Franks, 40, Buena Vista Twp, 21 March 2011 *car found in 2020* #2

longtallcold

What happened to Nancy Jenkins?
Reaction score
Website
www.websleuths.com
http://www.wnem.com/story/19484739/police-seek-info-on-man-missing-since-2011

Investigators learned that Franks went to Saginaw, MI, and met with an estranged girlfriend who is the mother of Franks' child. Franks checked into the Miller Motel in Bridgeport sometime in late 2010 and stayed for about five months.

Police said Franks then checked out on March 21, 2011, and has not been seen or heard from since.

Says family in OH filed the MP report....but this is the first I have heard of him. Time to start some digging around!
Thread#1

Our family spokesperson talked today with the lead detective on Eric's case. We were told that some important potential evidence has been analyzed and is being compared to other similar possible evidence. We were pleased that this is coming together as it is taking a while to get all of the answers about these "pieces" of the entire picture. Also, we were told the prosecutor is being consulted about matters involving the case. We are hopeful that soon some important information will be "out there" for the public to be aware of. Sometimes truth takes a while to surface. It's been "a while", so I think it is time !

Our family spokesperson talked today with the lead detective on Eric's case. We were told that some important potential evidence has been analyzed and is being compared to other similar possible evidence. We were pleased that this is coming together as it is taking a while to get all of the answers about these "pieces" of the entire picture. Also, we were told the prosecutor is being consulted about matters involving the case. We are hopeful that soon some important information will be "out there" for the public to be aware of. Sometimes truth takes a while to surface. It's been "a while", so I think it is time !
I am so hopeful, Eric's mom! I want this to be solved for you, for your family, and for Eric. He deserves to be at peace and you deserve to have him home. [emoji176] [emoji176] [emoji176]

Delighted to read there is some progress possibly being made.
Continuing to pray for resolution.

Just wanted to let Eric's mom know that although I haven't been here lately, it the situation with the detective being switched and odd story you were given , is being researched as we talked about. It seems the wheels of justice turn all too slowly! Can't wait for justice to be served for your son!

Just checking in. I spend lots of time daily on Facebook sharing the information about other missing people. I share Eric's information ever so often and many others share his missing fliers for us. I write something on his community page every few days. There was a lot of interest in Eric's case yesterday after I shared his missing poster on several sites. I had someone engaged in conversation about Eric and giving her thoughts about what might have happened to him. Others posted about how they understood my pain because they, too, had a missing loved one. We pray for each other and share information for each other. It is hard to see the days pass and wait on action to be taken on what we do know. I have been in touch with the news media in MI and we are planning another interview soon. The police are still looking at possible evidence. It will soon be 4 years since Eric was last seen by his former girlfriend according to one of her stories. I last spoke with him by phone on March 10th, 2011. It was 4 years last October 25th since I last saw him at my house leaving for Saginaw. We never know when we say goodbye that it may be the last goodbye.

Sending hugs and prayers your way, Eric's Mom. :heartbeat:

Our family spokesperson spoke with our lead detective's supervisor this week. He let her know that he is aware that Eric's case has been shuffled around and that the ball has been dropped several times. He assured her that the lead investigator, Det/Sgt Thomas is going back to look at Eric's file from the beginning and see if anything has been overlooked. We are hoping another TV interview will be aired soon with some new evidence put out there for the public to view. Thanks for hanging in there with us as the days slowly pass, but things are happening behind the scenes.

Our family spokesperson spoke with our lead detective's supervisor this week. He let her know that he is aware that Eric's case has been shuffled around and that the ball has been dropped several times. He assured her that the lead investigator, Det/Sgt Thomas is going back to look at Eric's file from the beginning and see if anything has been overlooked. We are hoping another TV interview will be aired soon with some new evidence put out there for the public to view. Thanks for hanging in there with us as the days slowly pass, but things are happening behind the scenes.

Eric's mom, did you see this article?

A few minutes with ... a cop hunting the missing
http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2015/02/14/cop-hunts-missing-michigan/23418043/

Eric's mom, did you see this article?

A few minutes with ... a cop hunting the missing
http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2015/02/14/cop-hunts-missing-michigan/23418043/

Yes, I saw it and private messaged Sarah about something in the article. I met Det/Sgt Sarah Krebs a while back at the Missing in Michigan Day that she organized years ago. We also asked her to be our keynote speaker at the CUE Center for the Missing tour stop for Eric last year in Saginaw, which she accepted. I told her today that I wish she could work on Eric's case. There are so many rules and regulations about crossing into the investigative territory of other detective's areas. I understand, but I wish it were different. I wish we could have kept former Detective Scott Woodard on Eric's case. He had such enthusiasm for Eric's case ! Sarah also works with NamUs and I had talked to her in that regard even before meeting her in person. She is dedicated to her work and is to be commended for what she does for families of the missing and murdered. Thanks for pointing the article out to me.

Sending hugs and prayers your way, Eric's Mom. :heartbeat:

Thanks, Spellbound. I appreciate the hugs and prayers. I am excited about the news interview that I mentioned earlier. It will be filmed in the morning. Even though I can't go into details, I can say it is the most important piece of evidence so far and hopefully will be aired soon. We aren't sure when it will air, but when it does, we will post it.

The new TV interview was filmed today and hopefully will be aired later this week, but I am not sure exactly what day yet. Will keep you updated as I know for sure. It will be worth seeing !!!!!!

I hope it will be available here. I will gladly watch the interview, MissJ.

http://www.topix.com/rh?u=http://ww...V2PMG&c=newsmail/permalink&z=5SGN4MK3N2GQE35U

Michigan State Police are turning up the heat in an effort to crack some of Saginaw's unsolved cold cases. The initiative comes as a result of more troopers stationed at the Saginaw Police Department and more scientists working at the Bridgeport MSP crime laboratory.

I hope this means someone will put more effort into solving Eric's missing and homicide case as well as all others who are missing or murdered in Saginaw. I was told and this article states that a case 2 years or older is considered a cold case.

Please share when you have the interview available. I'm looking forward to it!

The interview didn't take place last week, but it wasn't promised by TV 12 to be then...I was told it probably would be last Tues or Wed. So, I will let you know when we know. However, the lead investigator emailed our family spokesperson for some information that shows they are looking into Eric's case with a different attitude due to the recent information that they know is in the interview. Progress is being made !

Even the smallest progress is a step closer than we were. Thank you for keeping us updated so well, Eric's Mom. Sending love, hugs, hopes, and prayers your way.

Hoping the person or people who did wrong to Eric are getting nervous. I bet they can't wait for that interview to air! ;)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rainydaze17
Back