Thread Display: Posts Per Page?

Destiny617

Reaction score
Website
www.blingforyoursole.com
My settings were saved top show 50 forum posts per page and now I'm only seeing the default 25. I cannot even find the settings to change the posts per page!! Searched all these forum help threads and there is no solution or info for this issue.

What happened to this setting? :scared: Where can I change this setting back to what I wanted?

TIA

Haha...I'm here looking for the answer to the same thing. The 25 posts per page bugs me lol.

Happened to me too 25 posts per page drives me bonkers especially when I'm using my phone. You used to be able to change it in general settings but there's no option to do that now.

Ugh, just spent 20 minutes trying to search how to switch it back to an older setting, since I'm not liking 25/page! THEN I see this thread and realize it's not just me :)

There are many reasons for the change. I understand, taking away an option that was previously granted is not going to sit well with a handful of people. There are a few things on WS that has been allowed, all with a cost on both the server as well as the users machines. It is the ole' action/reaction and the reaction has never been considered. Just because it can be done does not mean it should be. I get messages, "Dave, the page loads most of the page than freezes where are the other 50 posts! when I reboot it is fine". The forum was set to allow changes up to 1000 posts per page :banghead:. It beats up the server, it beats up your own comp. The fact of the matter, especially on this forum with the (also poorly advised) lack of limits on photos and attachments, the default should be 10 posts with the max option setting at 25. This would allow the server to serve pages faster with less stress, and would be so much easier on your system as well.

Thank you for this thread! I thought I was losing my mind...

I've been searching too! I guess I missed the administration's post regarding the change. Thanks for starting the thread.

There are many reasons for the change. I understand, taking away an option that was previously granted is not going to sit well with a handful of people. There are a few things on WS that has been allowed, all with a cost on both the server as well as the users machines. It is the ole' action/reaction and the reaction has never been considered. Just because it can be done does not mean it should be. I get messages, "Dave, the page loads most of the page than freezes where are the other 50 posts! when I reboot it is fine". The forum was set to allow changes up to 1000 posts per page :banghead:. It beats up the server, it beats up your own comp. The fact of the matter, especially on this forum with the (also poorly advised) lack of limits on photos and attachments, the default should be 10 posts with the max option setting at 25. This would allow the server to serve pages faster with less stress, and would be so much easier on your system as well.

Bummer. I had a feeling it was server related. I hope someday the option can be back with a reasonable number between 10-100. With all the.gifs in signatures and animated profile images possibly hotlinking from other sites, I've been amazed at how smoothly things run. Then again, I have all those things hidden so they don't interfere with load time and screen space.

Thanks for all you're doing Dave!! And for the reply and explanation. :loveyou:

My hubs does a lot of programming and IT stuff unrelated to his job, so I know it's not always easy on you guys. :seeya:

Well bummer, but as Destiny said...THANK YOU for what you do for us!

I just spent some time also looking through settings and trying to figure it out. Like Destiny, I have my settings so that I don't see signatures and animated profile images. Grrrrrrr, really prefer more posts per page, and iirc we were asked by mods to do such when the boards were having issues before so that it avoided so much refreshing. Oh well......

Agree, bummer! Wish that we had done a survey to vote on potential options :( , but I guess that in of itself wasn't an option.

Total bummer this uses more of my data plan when I'm on my phone and I usually use websleuths on my phone so I won't be able to be on here as much as I'd like. can't afford it lol.
Thanks for letting us know though Dave.

So glad I found this thread, like others I was going mad trying to find the option to change back to longer pages.

Personally i'd prefer to limit the signatures and pictures that can be attached to profiles

Is it something you might reconsider in the future?

I just noticed. Awful decision. We're talking about text (majority of it, anyway) here.

Why don't you disable signatures instead? Most of them are ridiculously obnoxious and are completely useless.

Maybe disabled animated avatars, as well.

IDK. If the results are promising, I'm sure I can get used to it. If one must. But it sure seems to me that clicking through 40 different pages to find the one post I'm looking for would be a bigger drain than connecting to and loading 20 pages. It's the connecting part that is slow for me, so now I have to connect twice as many pages to read the same volume of content.

Thanks Dave. I'd vote to get rid of the signatures if that would be an option. :seeya:

Where is this setting? I've spent lots and lots of time searching. I understand the limit.

I liked having 200 posts/page. I upped it from 100 because it loads much faster than having to scroll through several pages. I'm not happy that this option was taken away from us. Is this a permanent change???

I, too, like to have 200 posts to a page. I work in a huge brick building that makes cell service slow. It takes forever to load a page. That makes it harder to catch up. :(

I also agree with getting rid of signatures & moving gifs or avatars. Our name already appears at the top of our posts so no need for signatures.

I think a poll or vote would be a great idea.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back