GUILTY WA - Man tried to abduct toddler from Eastern Washington park *Arrest*

trex

Reaction score
The Lincoln County Sheriffs Office in Eastern Washington is investigating an attempted child abduction at a park in the town of Sprague Monday.

The Lincoln County Dispatch Center received a 911 call reporting a man had grabbed a 22-month-old child from a stroller in the park and ran.

http://q13fox.com/2015/03/09/man-tr...ton-park-siblings-others-help-save-boy-video/

----

Lincoln County authorities are looking for a man that witnesses say took a two-year-old child from a stroller in Sprague on Sunday afternoon.

Video cameras captured the man, who told witnesses he was 19, running with the 22-month-old child in his arms near the city park in Sprague, according to the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office. The man approached the child and two older siblings around noon, spoke briefly then took the infant and ran, according to a news release.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2015/mar/09/lincoln-county-authorities-looking-man-alleged-chi/

Video/still shots of the man at both links.

A 19 yr old stole a 2 yr old baby? WTH?

He told witnesses he was 19 but police think he is in his 30's. They have not found him yet I think. Confusing!

"Video cameras captured the man, who told witnesses he was 19, running with the 22-month-old child in his arms near the city park in Sprague, according to the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office. "

Very strange story. From the above-linked story:

The siblings chased the man and yelled, alerting nearby teenagers who approached the man...The man put down the child, who was unharmed...and fled on foot..."

Kudos to the siblings and the teenagers.

I'm trying to find the link to the story I read on this late last night that basically stated that the people in the town know he's not from that town at all, since they are a very small community of I think 500 people, in one article I read they mentioned him not being from around there as nobody has ever seen him before. Very, very bizarre and scary... I hope someone recognizes him & does the right thing before this happens again with a different outcome.

Thank God those kids knew to be vocal and SCREAM! Bless their hearts for chasing this a$$ and not giving up.

Where the hell was the sitter during all this?

Not to make light of the situation, but does it not look like this guy stepped out of an early 90's rap video? The haircut, the what looks like a suit jacket with shoulder pads and nothing underneath...? It looks like he should be hanging with Will Smith back in the day. It's a pretty notable style.

Not to make light of the situation, but does it not look like this guy stepped out of an early 90's rap video? The haircut, the what looks like a suit jacket with shoulder pads and nothing underneath...? It looks like he should be hanging with Will Smith back in the day. It's a pretty notable style.

Mountaingazer I was thinking the exact same thing the first few times I saw that video.. Like what is up with this guys style?! Reminds me also of some sort of mob type style.. But what kind of "mob" would be around Spokane? It is definitely a notable look that could be easily recognized in that area..

What kind of a babysitter leaves 10 and 8 year olds to watch a baby at a park?

What kind of a babysitter leaves 10 and 8 year olds to watch a baby at a park?

Right! I get its a super small town and people probably still leave all their windows and doors unlocked but, if your only job is to babysit... There are creepers everywhere in this world unfortunately. I'm sure the babysitter feels pretty terrible by now.

Washington Siblings Help Stop Younger Brother's Kidnapping
[video=youtube;NDO3C5YlEcI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDO3C5YlEcI[/video]
A 22-month-old Washington boy is safe after a kidnapping thanks to the quick thinking reaction of his older brother and sister.

The toddler, Owen Wright, was playing in a park in Sprague, Washington, on Sunday with his older brother, 10-year-old Brenden, and sister, 8-year-old Delicia. The siblings were playing unsupervised in a park next to their babysitter’s home while their father, Michael Wright, was at work, according to local ABC affiliate KXLY.

Surveillance footage from a nearby grocery store shows the suspect running off with Owen in his arms.
https://gma.yahoo.com/siblings-help...idnapping-151107935--abc-news-topstories.html

He told witnesses he was 19 but police think he is in his 30's. They have not found him yet I think. Confusing!

"Video cameras captured the man, who told witnesses he was 19, running with the 22-month-old child in his arms near the city park in Sprague, according to the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office. "

We saw this last night. It's just weird all the way around... And, as others have mentioned, that is some odd clothing and such... but maybe a good clue.

Looking at the photo, he appears to have on a suit Jacket with shoulder pads and hair that is almost greased/gelled/pinned up into a pompadour?

View attachment 70890

The toddler's older sister told authorities that they had been chatting with the man in a nearby park around noon on Sunday when he suddenly grabbed the boy and ran.

...The boys said the suspect got away that they believe he had a getaway car nearby.

http://www.krem.com/story/news/loca.../09/sprague-teens-praised-as-heroes/24674341/

We saw this last night. It's just weird all the way around... And, as others have mentioned, that is some odd clothing and such... but maybe a good clue.

Looking at the photo, he appears to have on a suit Jacket with shoulder pads and hair that is almost greased/gelled/pinned up into a pompadour?

View attachment 70890

http://www.krem.com/story/news/loca.../09/sprague-teens-praised-as-heroes/24674341/

excellent reporting of this story.....those teens are heros!

amazing how quickly it all happened.....

excellent reporting of this story.....those teens are heros!

amazing how quickly it all happened.....

Yeah, makes me wonder what made him drop the boy? Maybe he found he couldnt run off as quickly as he thought/the boy was heavier than he thought? Weird to me that they say the teenagers were chasing him but nobody saw him get into any vehicle & take off or anything... Where did he go?!?

Where was the babysitter while the kids were playing in a park? No excuse for not being right there watching them.

less than 500 people in the town so clearly this abductor was just passing through ... omg, what a nightmare to actually see this happening

the brother & sister are heroes, as are the teen boys who helped

and I hope that 'babysitter' has been fired & will be charged for not supervising the toddler

Yeah, makes me wonder what made him drop the boy? Maybe he found he couldnt run off as quickly as he thought/the boy was heavier than he thought? Weird to me that they say the teenagers were chasing him but nobody saw him get into any vehicle & take off or anything... Where did he go?!?

It IS hard to run with a child that age. I was running a 5K charity race when my son was about that age. About a quarter mile from the finish line, my husband and son were at the sidelines. My son called and reached out to me and I took him. Oh, my gosh, I didn't think it would be that hard to run with him, but I didn't get very far before I had to walk.

One of many strange things about the story is "...Video cameras captured the man, who told witnesses he was 19...." Why did the the man state his age? The siblings and nearby teens run after the man, and the man sets the child down? Then what happened? Did the witnesses ask how old he was? Did the man just blurt out "I'm 19"? Weird.

less than 500 people in the town so clearly this abductor was just passing through ... omg, what a nightmare to actually see this happening

the brother & sister are heroes, as are the teen boys who helped

and I hope that 'babysitter' has been fired & will be charged for not supervising the toddler

Right?!! There has to be some sort of crime. Surely, a 10 year old is not legally old enough to be caring for a toddler in lieu of an adult. What a crap babysitter. I would be FURIOUS.

Those kids are heroes, though. Proud of the little folks!

I have to say, I am glad the dad and the media are not fixated on the sitter. I too question why the sitter wasn't at the park and I am sure dad and LE will be looking into it, but I'm happy that the articles seem to be focusing on the quick actions from the siblings, storekeeper, and teens. One bad man but the good won this time. JMO

I hope dad takes a week off of work and just hugs them all nonstop.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back