Canada - LONDON, Ont. Man finds baby at end of driveway.March /2015

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitch...doned-at-end-of-london-ont-driveway-1.2989204

"Updated
Baby abandoned at end of London, Ont., driveway
Parents of child left in car seat identified, investigation underway"

"The baby has been turned over to the Children's Aid Society. The parents have been identified and an investigation is underway. Steeves said both parents are London residents.

"The mom lives nearby and the dad we were able to, just through investigation, able to identify both of them," said Steeves.

Police are not saying whether the residents of the home where the baby was discovered are known to the parents, who have not yet been charged with any offences."

Very lucky the incident did not happen last week in that bitter, bitter cold. Still, pretty cold for a baby, poor thing- also lucky that no car backed up in the driveway!
When I read the title, I pictured a long driveway and wondered if it was on an incline ... thinking that whoever left it there didn't want a driver to see it as they were backing out. :sick:

But, in the picture of the man next door pointing to the spot where he found the baby, it looks like a very short drive in front of the house. I guess if a car were parked there it's possible the driver might not have looked behind the car before backing out, but with the baby seat frosty, the driver would likely have walk around the car to clear frost from the windows.

No matter what the intentions of the person abandoning the baby, it was very dangerous leaving the baby exposed to the elements and improperly clothed. Why not at least bundle the baby and leave it on the porch where there would be some protection? Better yet, of course, why not find a relative who would be willing to care for the baby?

I wonder how the parents of the baby were identified.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitch...ours-in-london-ont-parents-arrested-1.2990726

"London, Ont., police have arrested the parents of a baby boy who they say was abandoned by his mother at the end of a driveway early Tuesday.

Police say the eight-week-old boy was left outside for about four hours, from about 1:40 a.m. to 5:40 a.m., when he was discovered by a neighbour, Anthony Franze, who alerted authorities.

The boy was taken to hospital and treated, and is in the care of the Children's Aid Society. The average temperature between 1 a.m. and 6 a.m. Tuesday was –5.5 C, according to Environment Canada."

wow.....complicated by alcohol....mother picked up for dui after dropping off baby.....father inside ''violated his probation by consuming alcohol''.....glad baby is in care elsewhere MOO

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitch...ours-in-london-ont-parents-arrested-1.2990726

'""When we went inside we located the father of the baby sleeping inside. He is on conditions not to attend the address as well as not to consume alcohol," said Const. Ken Steeves. "He had violated both of those conditions, so he was arrested for breach of probation at the location."

bbm: order of protection violation?

That poor baby. I wonder if the mother purposely left the baby there or, being in an impaired state of mind, forgot to put him in the car before driving off. Either way, the baby was in danger. And, what if the neighbor hadn't been up before 6:00 A.M. to find him? I hope he will be placed with a good family and never returned to these irresponsible parents.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vconners
Back