MI MI - Alishia Miller, 13, Detroit, 4 Jan 1989

Archangel85

Reaction score
I did a forum search and could not find anything any topic on her besides that she was featured on the "Runaway train" video.

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: August 14, 1975
Age at Time of Disappearance: 13 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5; 115 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Black female. Brown hair; brown eyes. Miller wore her hair gelled down with short bangs at the time of her disappearance.
Scars, Marks: Scar on the right side of her back.
Dentals: Available
DNA: Not Available
Clothing: Multicolored ski jacket; acid-washed jeans; a black and red sweater; and white and yellow gym shoes.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Miller was last seen leaving her family's home in the Outer Drive - Chalmers area of Detroit, Michigan to go to the store at approximately 17:00 on January 4, 1989.

Information taken from: http://doenetwork.org/cases/191dfmi.html

According to her Charley Project profile, Police thinks she left on her own terms. However, it's been 26 years and she left when she was 13.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/miller_alishia.html

I wonder if she has any family members still looking for her. I can't find additional info.

What a sad story! I remember that video, but I can't say I remember in enough detail to say which one she was. I hope someone is still looking for her and I hope that they get answers soon!

I couldn't find any additional information on her besides on the For the Lost blog. According to their page on Alishia, her case was closed in 2007 although it didn't say why.

I couldn't find any additional information on her besides on the For the Lost blog. According to their page on Alishia, her case was closed in 2007 although it didn't say why.

It's weird that they closed her case because even if they verified that she was alive, she would still be listed as a missing person. I've heard several runaway cases where the child contacts their parents/is arrested years after they disappeared and they still are listed as a missing child.

It's strange that this case got so little attention. I'm bumping to see if anyone else can help out.

AMiller.jpg

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/191dfmi.html

29 years missing. May 2018 be the year she is found.

I recently found Alisha’s case on For The Lost and submitted her to NamUs with the information provided
I can't find her in NamUs. Is she still in your pending section of NamUs (not publicly viewable) or has she been removed? Sometimes missing persons in NamUs can stay "pending" for years after they were submitted.

Poor girl. Why is her case closed? Don't they need proof of life to close a case if someone is listed as missing? Did no one care?

Poor girl. Why is her case closed? Don't they need proof of life to close a case if someone is listed as missing? Did no one care?

I just came across this case and am curious about it. Hopefully she is alive and well. It does seem her case never made it to NamUs yet is still listed at Doe Network and Charley Project. If she's alive, I believe she could ask law enforcement to request her removal from the sites - or at least that they be marked as resolved.
I feel certain her case isn't one of "no one cares." If we do, someone in LE does too.

This was my friend’s younger sister. I remember when she went missing. The police labeled her a runaway but her family doesn’t think she would take off like that. They never heard anything else from her.

I did a forum search and could not find anything any topic on her besides that she was featured on the "Runaway train" video.

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: August 14, 1975
Age at Time of Disappearance: 13 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5; 115 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Black female. Brown hair; brown eyes. Miller wore her hair gelled down with short bangs at the time of her disappearance.
Scars, Marks: Scar on the right side of her back.
Dentals: Available
DNA: Not Available
Clothing: Multicolored ski jacket; acid-washed jeans; a black and red sweater; and white and yellow gym shoes.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Miller was last seen leaving her family's home in the Outer Drive - Chalmers area of Detroit, Michigan to go to the store at approximately 17:00 on January 4, 1989.

Information taken from: 191DFMI - Alishia Dachone Miller

According to her Charley Project profile, Police thinks she left on her own terms. However, it's been 26 years and she left when she was 13.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/miller_alishia.html

I wonder if she has any family members still looking for her. I can't find additional info.
She does. I know the family. They haven’t heard anything from her or about her.

I'm her youngest living sister and we just celebrated her 48th birthday yesterday and she is still missing. We haven't heard anything from her.
Thank you for commenting. I’m so sorry to hear Alisha is still missing and I hope answers come soon. Has your family had any contact with the police who worked on her case?

I'm her youngest living sister and we just celebrated her 48th birthday yesterday and she is still missing. We haven't heard anything from her.
hello how I feel about your loss...I don't think she left of her own free will...a little girl I imagine happy with dreams of a loving family waiting for her...I hope one day they can find peace and closure who are looking for... a hug

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back