Ruh oh! Help! Cannot remember which case I'm thinking of.

scoobydoobie

Reaction score
Websleuths, I need help! I'm trying to look up a case I had read about before but am having trouble finding it. So I thought if I posted all I can remember from the case perhaps ya'll could give me a name.

The case was initially a missing person. Maybe 5-10 years ago. Somewhere in the northeast. The guy goes to check up on a cabin or vacation home he was kinda the caretaker for. From there he goes missing. His vehicle was found at the cabin. Maybe a week later his body is found about a mile away at the bottom of a ravine/cliff. A pistol he was carrying was found near the body. He apparently didn't die instantly from the fall because he pulled his severely injured body under an overhang or into a cave to get out of the elements, nevertheless he still died. His death was ruled accidental. But I think his family was like "WTH! Why in the world would he walk over there, this does not make sense!" And apparently it would have been very hard to walk there on foot, an impossibly tough hike between the cabin and the cliff. So it made it seem like maybe he was driven there instead. Anyway, that is all I can remember of it. Thanks in advance!

I'm sorry I can't help with the name but I do remember the case. I recall there were a lot of small details that made the family suspicious even before he was found. Unfortunately none of that helps you! I couldn't leave it without a reply that's all. Hope someone comes along with the answer now for both of us!!

I haven't heard of this case but I'm intrigued! Hopefully someone will remember.

The guy I'm thinking of was married I think and his wife knew something was up within a few hours or so. I think he may have went to check the property in the morning and she went there a few hours later and his vehicle was there but he wasnt. Maybe in NH or NY?

I had wondered if Jeremy was the victim Israel Keyes referred to when he said one of his victims was beaten in the head and their death ruled accidental. I imagined keyes burglarizing an unoccupied house and dude walking in on him. Keyes killed others in that area (new england)

I had wondered if Jeremy was the victim Israel Keyes referred to when he said one of his victims was beaten in the head and their death ruled accidental. I imagined keyes burglarizing an unoccupied house and dude walking in on him. Keyes killed others in that area (new england)

Very interesting. I'll have to do my research on this one. It's a shame for his family that Keyes couldn't be more specific with some of his actions before he took the easy route ( for him, not generally speaking of suicide).

Glad you were able to figure it out!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SweetDreamsAreMadeOfCheez