GUILTY PA - Andrew White, 32, shot to death, Easton, 11 March 2015

Richrd

Ten Year Member
Reaction score
Jeffrey Scott Knoble Jr. - W/M/25 - One For-the-Moment* Felony - Northampton County

The City of Easton, Northampton County, is in Eastern, PA.

Thu., Mar. 12th: Morning Call©*: http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/mc-easton-hotel-homicide-20150312-story.html*:

GRAPHIC:
"...showed his Mother a video of a naked Black man in a pool of blood..."

Includes Defendant Photo

Your One-Click Source** Of Lower Court:

ChargeS --- Bail --- Pre-Trial Confinement --- MotionS

Scheduled
Court DateS --- Advancement to Upper Court

**Lower Court Criminal Docket Sheet:

**https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/docketsheets/MDJReport.ashx?docketNumber=MJ-03212-CR-0000054-2015**:

Current Felony Charge:

18 § 2706 §§ A1 (F3) :: Terroristic Threats

**"Recent Entries made in the Court Filing Offices may not be
immediately reflected on these Docket Sheets..."

**Pre-Trial Confinement in Lieu of $350,000 Bail, since 3/11/15.

Jeffrey Scott Knoble Jr., W/M/25 :: For Homicide of Andrew White, B/M/32

The City of Easton, Northampton County, is in Eastern, PA.

Wed., Mar. 18th: Morning-Call© : http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/mc-easton-homicide-hotel-charges-20150318-story.html

Your Two-Click Source* Of Lower Court:

ChargeS --- Bail --- Pre-Trial Confinement --- MotionS

Scheduled Court DateS --- Advancement to Upper CourtS

*Lower Court Criminal Docket SheetS:

* https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/docketsheets/MDJReport.ashx?docketNumber=MJ-03205-CR-0000090-2015*:

* https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/docketsheets/MDJReport.ashx?docketNumber=MJ-03212-CR-0000054-2015*:

Combined Felony ChargeS:

18 § 2501 §§ A (F1) :: Criminal Homicide

18 § 3701 §§ A1I (F1) :: Robbery

18 § 6105 §§ A1 (F2) :: Possession Of Firearm Prohibited [Two Counts]

18 § 2706 §§ A1 (F3) :: Terroristic Threats

*"Recent Entries made in the Court Filing Offices may not be
immediately reflected on these Docket Sheets..."

*Pre-Trial Confinement since 3/11/15.

Death penalty trial for Jeffrey Knoble Jr. scheduled for May 31

Jeffrey Knoble Jr. learns he faces death penalty, rants in court

The death penalty trial for Easton resident Jeffrey Knoble Jr. has been pushed back four months, according to a prosecutor.

Northampton County First Assistant District Attorney Terry Houck said the trial is now scheduled for May 31. It had been scheduled for February.

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/easton/index.ssf/2016/01/death_penalty_trial_pushed_bac.html

Jeffrey S. Knoble Jr., charged with shooting a man inside a downtown Easton hotel room, has spewed crude vulgarities at his attorneys in the courtroom over the last year in his quest to fire them.

On Monday, his public defenders got permission from a judge to leave the case a week before the capital murder trial was scheduled to begin.

Chief Public Defender Robert Eyer called it a "complete breakdown" of the attorney-client relationship that would make it impossible for him or co-counsel to represent Knoble, 26, of Riegelsville.
http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/mc-easton-jeffrey-knoble-murder-trial-hearing-20160829-story.html

Alleged Easton killer's death-penalty trial about to begin

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/easton/index.ssf/2017/01/trial_starts_alleged_easton_ki.html

The man charged with a gruesome killing in an Easton hotel room will put his life on the line Monday.

Jury selection begins Monday, Jan. 9, in the capital murder trial of 27-year-old Jeffrey Knoble, of Riegelsville.

Easton police said Knoble fatally shot Andrew "Beep" White after White let him stay in his room at the former Quality Inn in March 2015.

Since Knoble's is a death penalty case, jury selection could take up to a week. The lawyers will have to question each juror individually to make sure they have no moral reservations to imposing a death sentence.

Testimony should take about two weeks after that, they said.

If Knoble is convicted of murder, he'll have an opportunity to put on mitigating evidence to show why he doesn't deserve to die. Houck would present evidence in favor of the ultimate punishment.

http://www.wfmz.com/news/lehigh-val...sday-accused-of-easton-hotel-murder/275908138

The Northampton County courtroom was full of family and friends of Andrew "Beep" White. At times, some cried, but everyone listened during the 40-minute opening statement from Northampton County First Assistant District Attorney Terrence Houck...

Jurors were told they will see several videos as the case moves along, including one of White renting a room at the motel in March 2015, a video of the two men going into a Wawa, where White purchased food for Knoble, and a disturbing video Knoble recorded in room 418, next to a lifeless White, with Knoble saying, "I do what I want."

Alleged killer's mom: 'I almost vomited when he showed me the pictures'

Jeffrey Knoble told his mother police were chasing him when they weren't.

He told her he knocked someone out to get a gun, but it's unclear whether that was true.

So when he told her he killed someone, she didn't know what to think.

Then the 27-year-old showed her a video of Andrew "Beep" White's naked corpse lying in blood on a hotel bed.

"I was hysterical. I didn't want to believe it but I knew it was real," Lori Knoble said Thursday.

She testified against her son on the second day of his murder trial.

Easton murder defendant erupts in court, calls prosecution 'corrupt'

Lori Knoble is the defendant's mother and is raising his 7-year-old son, but she is also a witness against him. Those conflicting ties were on display Thursday, with Lori Knoble bursting into tears on the stand, causing Judge Emil Giordano to give her time to compose herself.

"The last two weeks he showed me who he really was," Lori Knoble testified at one point, looking directly at her son. "And that's a monster. I really believe that."

"Why are you supplying my mother with drugs, to testify on me?" Knoble asked, before adding: "I still love you, though, Mom."

As Holihan urged Knoble to regain his composure, the defendant threatened in a lower voice to "make a mistrial right now."

Giordano sent jurors out of the room, admonishing Knoble that there could be no further outbursts. When Knoble continued to rail that the justice system was "corrupt," then swore at Houck, the prosecutor, Giordano ordered a recess.

"I heard what you said," Giordano told Knoble. "If you believe you're going to cause a mistrial, you're sadly mistaken."

Giordano added: "If you attempt to influence this jury improperly, I will have you gagged, or I will have you removed."

Murder defendant called mom while police interviewed her about video of body

http://www.mcall.com/news/local/police/mc-easton-hotel-murder-trial-knoble-friday-20170120-story.html

Inside the Easton police interview room, a cellphone rang, startling its owner.

On the line was Jeffrey S. Knoble Jr., calling his mother. But unbeknownst to him, Lori Knoble had already gone to police.

"I'm worried about you," she told him, her phone on speaker.

"I'm all right," he responded, unaware that a police investigator was also listening.

On Friday during Jeffrey Knoble's capital murder trial, Northampton County prosecutors were able to replay those dramatic moments from nearly two years ago, captured by a video camera at the police station.

They represented a unique slice of time — a point at which Knoble's mother had gone to authorities to report her son had shown her a cellphone video of a man's corpse, but before police discovered the body to which she referred.

"What about this freaking poor guy?" Lori Knoble asked during the first call, a reference to the body she described seeing in the cellphone video.

"That was off the computer, off the computer," Jeffrey Knoble responded.

"You sure about that?" she pressed.

"Yeah," her son responded, claiming he made it through Photoshop.

When Jeffrey Knoble called back, his mother peppered him with questions. But the conversation ended without answers from him.

"Did you really shoot somebody? I mean come on," Lori Knoble said.

"It sure looked real to me," she suggested. "I don't know how you Photoshop that."

"What is wrong with you? What the hell is wrong with you?" the mother also asked.

Jury sees text messages between homicide victim, suspected killer

http://www.mcall.com/news/local/police/mc-easton-hotel-murder-jeffrey-knoble-monday-20170123-story.html

The text messages started just after 2 a.m., from a man in Easton looking for a place to crash.

"What's good bro?" Jeffrey S. Knoble Jr. wrote in the first message. "You trying to chill?" he soon added.

The recipient was someone who, Northampton County prosecutors say, was known around town as a soft touch. On this day nearly two years ago, Andrew "Beep" White once more showed his generosity, coming forward and, within the hour, offering to rent a hotel room for Knoble.

"I feel horrible," White wrote to Knoble, who reported he was "homeless tonight."

Beiser offered a time frame for when police believe the killing occurred, saying Knoble's cellphone activity ceased for an hour-and-a-half period beginning at 4:50 a.m.

Video surveillance at the hotel captured the comings and goings of Knoble and White. The last time White was seen was at 5:14 a.m., when a camera on the fourth floor recorded him waving his arm, seemingly in greeting, as he approached the room.

Knoble was recorded briefly leaving the room more than an hour later. When he returned, he had to use a key to get inside, a first.

"No one let him in?" First Deputy District Attorney Terence Houck asked.

"Correct," said Easton police officer Matthew Rush.

In video from later that morning, Knoble was wearing White's jacket, a gray peacoat. He left the hotel for a half hour — a time period in which police believe Knoble saw his mother, showing her a video of White's body — then returned and went back to the room.

'Punk,' prosecutor calls Easton murder defendant

http://www.mcall.com/news/local/police/mc-easton-hotel-murder-jeffrey-knoble-trial-tuesday-20170124-story.html

Verbal sparing between capital murder defendant Jeffrey S. Knoble Jr. and the man prosecuting him continued Tuesday outside the presence of the jury.

The latest back and forth occurred when Knoble complained to Judge Emil Giordano that the family of homicide victim Andrew "Beep" White were making noise in court, "sucking their teeth" in Knoble's words.

It was a claim that neither Giordano nor First Deputy District Attorney Terence Houck said they had observed. But it quickly produced raw exchanges between Knoble and Houck, after the defendant called the prosecutor "an oppressor" and accused him of lying.

"You, Knoble, you're the best one to know lies," Houck told him. "Punk."

The exchange came as Knoble has often proven disruptive in court. In the months leading up to his trial, his outbursts included mocking White's family and swearing at Giordano.

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/easton/index.ssf/2017/01/snitch_in_murder_trial_said_he.html

A Forks Township man testified Tuesday that alleged killer Jeffrey Knoble stole his gun, a gun Easton police say was used to kill Andrew "Beep" White.

Tyquan Emmons said Knoble tricked him into leaving the gun in Knoble's car on March 2. He called and texted Knoble for days to get it back but Knoble kept putting him off.

"You ain't have to steal no gun. I would've gave you one," Emmons texted to Knoble.

Police say the .40-caliber Hi-Point semiautomatic pistol was used to fatally shoot White twice in the head on March 11, 2015, at the former Quality Inn in Easton.

Emmons said he faces three attempted homicide charges in Middlesex County, New Jersey, but he didn't testify Tuesday to use it as a bargaining chip in a plea deal.

"Does that make you a snitch?" defense attorney Gavin Holihan said after Emmons' testimony.

"Honestly, I would call it doing the right thing. That's what I would call it," said Emmons.

Alleged killer was rebuffed by ex shortly before murder

Family weeps as jurors shown gruesome crime scene photos

http://www.mcall.com/news/local/police/mc-easton-hotel-murder-jeffrey-knoble-trial-wednesday-20170125-story.html

Before Wednesday, jurors in the Easton murder trial had largely seen photos of Andrew "Beep" White from happier times: Selfies taken from his phone, in which he mugged for the camera.

But as the sixth day of witnesses against Jeffrey S. Knoble Jr. opened, Northampton County prosecutors drew the jury's attention to the grim reality that homicide represents.

With Easton Detective Darren Snyder on the witness stand, prosecutors took jurors back nearly two years ago to the former Quality Inn on South Third Street, where the 32-year-old White's body was found with a gunshot wound to the back of the head.

The presentation came as prosecutors wrapped up their case, which is expected to conclude Thursday. Knoble's lead attorney, Gavin Holihan, has not indicated how many witnesses the defense may have, or whether his client will testify.

In the audience, White's family wept quietly and huddled in one another's arms. Some left as more pictures were displayed, showing blood stains, and White's bullet-pierced head.

Next, a forensic pathologist detailed White's autopsy, displaying more graphic photographs on the darkened courtroom's projector screen.

Dr. Zhongxue Hua said White had no defensive injuries, indicating no struggle before he was shot. White had ligature marks on his hands and ankles, and Hua said he believes White was still alive when he was tied up.

The gunshot was fired at "very close" range, the bullet entering just above White's left ear, Hua said.

DNA testing offered no insight into what happened in the room, though investigators had a number of swabs from White's body analyzed. Brittni Andaloro, a forensic scientist with the state police, said the only identifiable DNA was White's own.

Brother shouts 'This is not a laughing matter' after video shows homicide suspect grinning

http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/mc-easton-hotel-murder-jeffrey-knoble-trial-video-thursday-20170126-story.html

A courtroom erupted into pandemonium Thursday, minutes after a jury in Jeffrey S. Knoble Jr.'s death penalty trial saw two videos he recorded in which he gloated over the body of an Easton man he is accused of killing.

The tinder that sparked the fire was a minor moment: As jurors were led back into court following a break, a sheriff's sergeant approached the brother of shooting victim Andrew "Beep" White in the audience, asking him to stop muttering.

The small disturbance prompted Northampton County Judge Emil Giordano to order the jury again out of the room. But it only got worse from there, as the brother's frustrations with a long and trying court process boiled over.

"We're not the criminals! He's the criminal!" Justin White shouted. "I didn't kill nobody! He did!"

In the videos that were played, the first opened as Knoble recorded himself, a cigarette dangling from his lip, a smirk across his face.

In the background, music played as Knoble panned to the bloody corpse of Andrew White, who lay naked and bound on a bed in a hotel room.

"I do what I want," Knoble said to the camera.

In the second video, Knoble filmed gruesome close-ups of the body, as he spoke of what he claimed were threats to his family.

"This is how you going to end up," Knoble said, moving White's limp head. "Where the bullet hole at?"

http://www.mcall.com/news/local/pol...er-jeffrey-knoble-defense-20170130-story.html

Jeffrey S. Knoble Jr. did kill a man inside a downtown Easton hotel room, his defense attorney acknowledged for the first time on Monday...

"I was up for four days," Knoble said on the witness stand. "I was doing meth, sniffing meth, smoking meth."

"He was naked," Knoble added. "He had his hands down my pants, was kissing my neck. ... I just snapped"...

Prosecutors say DNA evidence showed no evidence of a sexual assault, and no drug paraphernalia was found in the room...

Knoble acknowledged photographing and shooting video of White's body, but said he regrets it. At the time, Knoble said, he intended to send the images to others who had been threatening him, as a warning to them of what could happen.

Judge twice removes Knoble from courtroom after outbursts, jury ready to deliberate

http://www.mcall.com/news/local/police/mc-easton-hotel-murder-jeffrey-knoble-closing-arguments-verdict-20170131-story.html

A cold and calculating liar who killed a friend who had helped him out? Or the victim of a sexual assault, who, however wrongly, killed his attacker?

Those are the two competing pictures of Jeffrey S. Knoble Jr. presented to a Northampton County jury on Tuesday during closing arguments in his capital murder trial.

When jurors deliberate Knoble's fate, they won't have to wonder whether Knoble shot 32-year-old Andrew "Beep" White in the back of the head inside a downtown hotel room. On the witness stand Monday, Knoble admitted doing just that, after nearly two years of loudly proclaiming his innocence.

But the panel will have to decide whether Knoble is guilty of premeditated murder, as prosecutors allege — or a lesser charge of homicide such as voluntary manslaughter or third-degree murder, as the defense insists.

The jury will soon begin mulling the case, after Judge Emil Giordano finishes instructions on the law. The panel is hearing Giordano's charge without Knoble being present in court, after he was twice ejected from the courtroom following outbursts.

Jury takes 90 minutes to find Jeffrey Knoble guilty of 1st-degree murder

http://www.mcall.com/news/local/police/mc-easton-hotel-murder-jeffrey-knoble-closing-arguments-verdict-20170131-story.html

A Northampton County jury on Tuesday took just 90 minutes to find Jeffrey S. Knoble Jr. guilty of the 2015 murder of Andrew "Beep" White in a downtown Easton hotel.

The jury rejected the defense argument that Knoble was the victim of a sexual assault who, however wrongly, killed his attacker in the heat of passion.

Instead, the jury convicted him of first-degree murder but acquitted Knoble of robbing White. The trial now moves to the penalty phase, which will begin Wednesday, when jurors will be asked whether to sentence Knoble to death, or life in prison without hope of parole.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back