NJ NJ - Meaghan McCallum, 30, Oakland, 10 March 2015

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Meaghan McCallum
meaghan-mccallum.jpg

Family searches for missing Oakland woman
A 30-year-old Oakland woman with a history of mental illness has been missing since Tuesday night, prompting her family to fear the worst. Meaghan McCallum was last seen by her grandmother, Betty Sidow, 85, at about 11 p.m. Tuesday night, said Heidi McCallum, the young woman’s mother. Meaghan lived with her parents in Oakland, but had been staying with Sidow at her Montvale home since Saturday. When Sidow woke up at about 3:30 a.m. Wednesday morning, Meaghan and her car were gone, the missing woman’s mother said.

McCallum, 58, and her husband James, 59, reported Meaghan, who attended Indian Hills High School in Oakland, missing to Oakland police on Wednesday. No family member has heard anything from Meaghan since Tuesday. “This is really, really scary to us. ... We’re frightened,” Heidi McCallum said. The woman, a graduate of Montclair State University, had stopped taking her medication last fall, and had quarreled with her parents about that.
http://www.northjersey.com/news/family-searches-for-missing-oakland-woman-1.1289583

Meaghan McCullam last seen apprx 11 Tuesday night MU Alumn.png

Meaghan McCallum, 30, last seen in Montvale, Tuesday night, around 11 pm,

by her grandmother, who noticed her missing at 3:30 am.

This MU graduate is in distress and not getting the help she needs.

Her mom and family are very concerned for her safety.

Black four-door '98 Subaru Sedan

N32 EAY, plates

The McCallum's Tip Line to gather information:

Text the word

MEG to 646-663-5455

reply to the prompt to record a tip.

As reported:

By Linda Moss, The Record
Sun, Mar 15, '15, 5:24 pm

"Meaghan has gone missing in the past, but usually was found quickly, her mother said. Meaghan made a call on her cellphone at 8:11 p.m. Tuesday, but her phone has since been turned off, her mother said."

I hope she is found soon and safe. I hope she knows people care about her and what happens to her.

Be safe and get in touch, Meaghan, if you see this.

View attachment 71179

Meaghan McCallum, 30, last seen in Montvale, Tuesday night, around 11 pm,

by her grandmother, who noticed her missing at 3:30 am.

This MU graduate is in distress and not getting the help she needs.

Her mom and family are very concerned for her safety.

Black four-door '98 Subaru Sedan

N32 EAY, plates

The McCallum's Tip Line to gather information:

Text the word

MEG to 646-663-5455

reply to the prompt to record a tip.

As reported:

By Linda Moss, The Record
Sun, Mar 15, '15, 5:24 pm

"Meaghan has gone missing in the past, but usually was found quickly, her mother said. Meaghan made a call on her cellphone at 8:11 p.m. Tuesday, but her phone has since been turned off, her mother said."

I hope she is found soon and safe. I hope she knows people care about her and what happens to her.

Be safe and get in touch, Meaghan, if you see this.

I wonder if they have a location for where she last called from, the model of her car or a picture of it, whom she called? Hope the McCullams know WSers may be able to help.

Thank you, los2188, for the update. That's not good news, an online date, she's bi polar, friendly, left her dog behind. More info on the car model:

Black 98 Impreza 4 door sedan Plates N32 EAY

New Jersey Family Searching For Woman Missing For Nearly A Week
CBS2 Mar 16, 15 11:04 am

Her family believes she went on a date with someone she met online, CBS2 reported.
[...]
McCallum has never missed work before, but failed to show up Wednesday, relatives said. It’s also not like her to leave without her beloved dog.
[...]
Police have not been able to trace McCallum’s phone, which is off, CBS2 reported.

Timeline, so far

Saturday, things were at "loggerheads" with mom in Oakland, so Meaghan stayed with her grandmother in Montvale

8:11 pm Tuesday night, she made a call, but her phone has since been off.

11:00 pm apprx., Tuesday night, last seen in Montvale, by her grandmother

3:30 am apprx., Tuesday night, her grandmother, noticed her missing.

Wednesday, the McCullams reported her missing.

Family seeks answers after daughter’s disappearance
Douglas Clark, News 12 NJ, Mar 16, 15 5:35 pm reports
that LE's investigation is ongoing. He talks with Meaghan's mom and dad, who ask for help to find Meaghan and that she contact them, if possible.

[...]

"left with only the clothes on her back."

[...and that they are]

“really concerned right away because Meg goes everywhere with her dog. They are attached at the hip,” says her mother Heidi McCallum. “She even takes her dog to work with her. So right away, we felt there was something not right.”

She's a very warm person who works with the elderly.

Missing in America has a FB page for her to spread the word and is liaising with the McCullams. Her friends are posting on it.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Missing-Meg/1565472600374161?fref=ts

# find meg

Meaghan's car.jpg her car 98 Impreza blk 4 dr sedan Just like her car.jpg

Meaghan McCullam and her constant companion.png

Prayers and thoughts for Meaghan's safe return

Ok--lets be positive----maybe there is a real long footprint left from the on-line date?

I wonder if she was suicidal? or how accurate the online date information is.. why leave at 3am for a date without your phone?

I wonder if she was suicidal? or how accurate the online date information is.. why leave at 3am for a date without your phone?

It sounds like things may have been heated with the mom, then leaving her dog behind, but from the MSM I've seen, she may have been in touch with somebody online.

hmm.. her page is down, going to check it.

Hope the family has news of her soon. Thoughts and prayers are with them and wish there were some way to help.

I am a local here, and live in the area. Aside from Cliffview Pilot, there has been very little media coverage at all.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back