GUILTY MN - Barway Collins, 10, Crystal, 18 March 2015 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Barway Edwin Collins
635623603260230359-Missing-boy.jpg

Police looking for missing 10-year-old Crystal boy
Authorities are searching for 10-year-old boy from Crystal who has been missing since after school on Wednesday.

Barway Edwin Collins was last seen near his apartment building in the 5400 block of Douglas Drive North after classes Wednesday, according to the Crystal Police Department.

Deputy Chief Mike Meehan said the department is working to find the boy, but has little to go on.
http://www.startribune.com/local/296888061.html

Authorities say Barway Edwin Collins was last seen after school Wednesday, near his apartment building in the 5400 block of Douglas Drive North. He was reported missing to police around 6:30 p.m.
“We’re worried about him,” Mike Meehan, deputy chief of the Crystal Police Department, told BringMeTheNews. “We thought he’d show up and he hasn’t.”

Police have been looking for the boy all night, including having dogs comb the parking lot.
“We’re covering all our bases,” Meehan said.

http://bringmethenews.com/2015/03/19/10-year-old-reported-missing-police-ask-for-publics-help/

Oh what a cute guy. Hope he's home safe soon x

Hoping he's found safe soon.

I wonder what time he was seen on surveillance camera? Was that right after the bus dropped him off?
Someone must of caught the boys attention, wish that someone was also on camera.

From your link, statement from detectives:

"We do not have information that would lead us to believe this is a stranger abduction. We do have information that leads us to believe he is with someone he may know," Revering said.

I really hope this seeming nonchalance is based on more than Barway looking back and looking like his attention was caught by someone he knew. I wonder if LE have seen something on surveillance that they have not shared with the family. I don't know. Family facebook accounts are eerily devoid of almost any mention of this child.

Article also says BCA and FBI have been brought in.

If they think that he's with someone he knows, why involve the FBI? It makes me that maybe he's being held by the person he is with. I'm not sure however.

I haven't seen his mom mentioned in any of the articles. Does anyone know if she's living?

I think I found dad's sm page and it shows him with his wife. Not sure if she is mom.

ETA: Kare11 report previously linked states parents are Pierre and Yamah Collins.

It is a dad and stepmom according to Hejlena's link in post #5 above.

So I guess his mother is in that video? They identified her as his mom.

Certainly doesn't sound like she kidnapped him. What a mystery - prayers he is found soon, and healthy.

090c9d80e52406a456fc1aa4efa8ecc5.jpg

This is from the Safe Return for the Missing on FB.

Per @CrystalMNPolice news conference still saying this is not an abduction. Waiting for url to share

The police must have some additional, non-public information in this case to say they believe he's safe.... It seems like a bold statement when we have a missing 10 year old child!

Seems contradictory to say they believe he's safe, but don't know with who, unless there has been some correspondence with him. I really hope they find this kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiss63!