Australia Australia - Sharon Edwards, 55, Grafton NSW, 14 March 2015 *Arrest*

PrimeSuspect

Reaction score
Police appeal for help to find missing Grafton schoolteacher Sharon Edwards

DETECTIVES have searched two homes on the NSW north coast as they investigate the disappearance of a local schoolteacher five days ago.
Sharon Edwards was last seen at a Grafton night spot on Saturday night.
The 55-year-old was reported missing on Tuesday after she failed to turn up to work at Coutts Crossing Public School.
The primary school teacher hasn’t been in touch with her estranged husband or her adult children, heightening concerns with police.
“Her disappearance is under extremely suspicious circumstances,” Coffs Clarence police Acting Superintendent Darren Jameson said today.

199457-57d04cd4-cdcb-11e4-a028-65bfa3bc1db2.jpg

Investigators have appealed to the community to help find her and anyone with information is asked to contact Grafton Police Station on 02 6642 0222 or call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...r-sharon-edwards/story-fni0cx12-1227269199867

When Sharon's disappearance was first reported, I thought she might have wanted alone time or maybe, suicide, but her family and police believe there is foul play involved with her disappearance. :(

Family at a loss over disappearance of Grafton grandmother Sharon Edwards

The disappearance of Ms Edwards, who has lived in the area for two decades, is completely out of character. Her family says she would speak to her granddaughter and three sons almost daily and would never not just show up for work.
Police were notified by her estranged husband on Tuesday after the primary school teacher did not show up at Coutts Crossing Public School on the Monday.
Police said Ms Edwards had no history of mental illness and they have grave concerns for welfare.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/family-at...andmother-sharon-edwards-20150322-1m53zr.html

Thanks for starting this thread - this is real worry, especially as her sons have said her disappearance is so out of character. The clip of the police officer at the bottom of the Daily Examiner article linked by sleepinoz above is very informative - it sounds as if the police are taking the case very seriously.

Where is this lady? Did she make it home after she was seen out in Grafton at 11pm Saturday night? Who was she with, what was she doing, did she have her car with her? According to this article she was at the pub with friends and went home to bed. http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/family-at...andmother-sharon-edwards-20150322-1m53zr.html

Perhaps she did have her car with her and they presume she made it home that night as her car was found at her home. The son that lives in Brisbane who has the baby says he sent her photos on the Sunday but she didn't respond and calls went to her voicemail on the Monday. So if she did spend the night at home on Saturday how did she just disappear sometime on Sunday?

With no history of any mental illness as I read in one article, it sounds to me like she has disappeared for reasons not of her choice. She has either left her house on foot or in a vehicle.

Was she known to go walking, particularly on a Sunday?

According to the ABC she was dropped home on the Saturday :scared: By who I wonder :thinking:

Her car is there but not her phone or handbag - I hope she did make it home but IMO last person to see her..................

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-03-...-edwards-family-plead-for-information/6353436

Sharon Edwards, 55, was dropped back at her home by a friend after a night out in Grafton on Saturday, March 14.

At this stage I'm thinking that Sharon left her car at home that night and either got a lift or a taxi to the pub. IMO she didn't make it home that night at all, hence the reason why her handbag etc. are also missing. Did anything happen at the pub that night? An altercation with someone? Who was the friend who apparently drove her home? Obviously the police have checked this person out, if in fact they know who that person is. None of her bankcards have been used since she disappeared, which is always a worry.

I know the Clarence region well, I lived there for many years. The Clarence River is a mighty big river and is also tidal. Sharks have been known to swim from the mouth of the Clarence River at Yamba up to the area around Grafton. The upper reaches of the Clarence are a breeding ground for sharks. I hope that the lower reaches of the river down to Yamba have also been searched.

I'm also wondering if Sharon decided to walk home from the pub that night and met with foul play? Hopefully she has been captured on CCTV from the time she left the pub. I would say that the hotel would have CCTV cameras as would various business houses in the vicinity. Hopefully Sharon's phone pings have been traced by now and will lead to further information.

19th Mar 2015 10:13 AM Updated: 20th Mar 2015 4:13 PM

http://www.dailyexaminer.com.au/news/appeal-to-locate-missing-grafton-woman/2579454/

"We have also completed forensic examination at the three premises. At this stage there is nothing that alarms me. The key for the police is that we have been able to establish a whereabouts and movements up to 11pm possibly at the home address with the husband."

BBM.

So what are the police saying here? That they've established that Sharon was either at her home address or the address of her estranged husband up to 11:00pm the night she disappeared? So was he the last one to see her?

What happened to missing Grafton grandmother Sharon Edwards?

“I regularly sent her photos of Harlow and I sent her a couple on Saturday and she replied that they were ‘cute’,” Eli said.

But he said there was no reply when he texted his mother excitedly on Sunday to tell her Harlow had just taken her first steps.

“That’s when I got worried. She normally would have called straight away when she got that message,” he said.

“My daughter is only young, but I now appreciate how good of a mum Sharon was to us.”

As well as being a devoted mother and grandmother, Mrs Edwards also loved to travel, taking overseas trips *almost every year, including a holiday to Europe with husband John last year.

“She loves it, she can’t get enough of it,” Eli said.

“She didn’t get to do much of it when we were young but she has been every year for the past few years, since we left home.”

She was also a pillar of the Grafton community, serving on the committee at the Grafton Tennis Club and working as a “much-loved” primary school teacher at Coutts Crossing Public School for the past 12 years.

Mrs Edwards was seen with a male friend and another couple on that Saturday night, before being captured on CCTV footage leaving the venue sometime before 10pm.

Police later found the clothes she was wearing in her house, suggesting she made it home after dinner.

http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/news...r-sharon-edwards/story-fni0cx12-1227282569645

So she made it home after being out with the male friend and another couple. So was the estranged husband the last person to see her that night?

I'm wondering about the estranged husband, if they recently purchased a house together it would seem that they haven't been separated very long. He was the last to see her Saturday night and was supposed to see her 9am the next morning but she wasn't there. Did he look

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back