Bobbi Kristina Brown found unresponsive in bathtub. #4

She's breathing, according to CNN. [video=cnn;entertainment/2015/01/31/bobby-kristina-brown-found-unresponsive.cnn]http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/31/entertainment/whitney-houston-daughter-unresponsive/index.html[/video]

Dr. Drew on Bobbi Kristina's move out of ICU (Video)

By Dr. Drew staff

updated10:13 PM EDT, Mon March 23, 2015

NEED TO KNOW

•In January, Bobbi Kristina Brown was found unresponsive in a bathtub
•She has been in a coma for 52 days

Bobbi Kristina Brown has finally been moved out of the ICU and into a long-term care facility, according to a source close to the family...

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2015/03/23/bobbi-kristina-moved-rehab-facility-dr-drew

Patients who are only "almost but not quite brain dead" are always moved out of ICU at some point and transferred to a long term care facility if their families decline to withdraw support. It in no way implies that their situation is not "dire."

:tyou: Coldpizza for the new thread

:gathering:

Continued prayers and positivity for Miss Bobbi Kristina Brown and those who love her.

:heartbeat:

:praying:
:candle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if this has been posted but: http://www.newsmax.com/Health/newsw...get&nmx_content=327&nmx_campaign=widgetphase2

“People clearly are wondering why the family is keeping her on life support, but this is not an unusual situation when the person is young and had provided no end-of-life directive about their wishes,”

BTW: Isn't interesting that SO many "news" organizations identify BKB as "Whitney's" vs "Whitney & Bobby Brown 's" daughter! It had been "assumed" by many that WH's stardom was one of the contributory factors in BB's excessive behaviors...............hope he handles it better now!

Well, I'm leaving the BKB forum .... whatever happens to her I'm sure will be all over every news channel. BaBye

March 24, 2015

Although she has opened her eyes on occasion, such seemingly hopeful signs can ultimately prove meaningless, Dr. Leavey said.

“Unless the person is brain dead you are going to have some kind of neurological activity, like the flicker of an eye, the twitching of a finger, or the corner of the mouth curling up,” said Dr. Leavey. “It may be a reflex action that means nothing.”

The transfer of Bobbi Kristina to a rehab facility is the latest signal that the Brown family is settling in for what could be a long wait to see if she has a chance to recover.

http://www.newsmax.com/Health/Healt...-kristina/2015/03/24/id/634138/#ixzz3VM9MO0DZ

Not sure if this has been posted but: http://www.newsmax.com/Health/newsw...get&nmx_content=327&nmx_campaign=widgetphase2

“People clearly are wondering why the family is keeping her on life support, but this is not an unusual situation when the person is young and had provided no end-of-life directive about their wishes,”

BTW: Isn't interesting that SO many "news" organizations identify BKB as "Whitney's" vs "Whitney & Bobby Brown 's" daughter! It had been "assumed" by many that WH's stardom was one of the contributory factors in BB's excessive behaviors...............hope he handles it better now!

IMO, there is zero chance BB will seek, or agree, to withdraw support now, since she has been placed in a long term care facility. IMO, he's going to continue on with custodial care until her heart stops, whenever that happens. Very sad, but a predictable course of action by this family, IMO. These kind of cases are always so hard-- to know when to aggressively try to resuscitate, and when to exercise restraint. I don't begin to understand why some people cling to unrealistic hopes, or desire to maintain the shell of what was a vibrant person. This kind of completely unrealistic hope, or magical thinking, IMO, is a painful and crippling poison that slowly kills the emotional and psychological health of everyone who loves the patient.

I really have to struggle to see continuing care in these circumstances as an expression of love, because my experiences convince me that it's just a sad, cruel, bitter journey they will have to endure. But that's just my personal view. It is their choice, and their journey to take, and they will do what they feel is best for themselves, while they try to convince themselves they are doing it all for BK, IMO.

I don't think BKB is suffering, but I think her family and friends are, and will continue to suffer. There is no peace in this journey they've chosen, IMO. Only more pain and suffering, IMO.

IMO, there is zero chance BB will seek, or agree, to withdraw support now, since she has been placed in a long term care facility. IMO, he's going to continue on with custodial care until her heart stops, whenever that happens. Very sad, but a predictable course of action by this family, IMO. These kind of cases are always so hard-- to know when to aggressively try to resuscitate, and when to exercise restraint. I don't begin to understand why some people cling to unrealistic hopes, or desire to maintain the shell of what was a vibrant person. This kind of completely unrealistic hope, or magical thinking, IMO, is a painful and crippling poison that slowly kills the emotional and psychological health of everyone who loves the patient.

I really have to struggle to see continuing care in these circumstances as an expression of love, because my experiences convince me that it's just a sad, cruel, bitter journey they will have to endure. But that's just my personal view. It is their choice, and their journey to take, and they will do what they feel is best for themselves, while they try to convince themselves they are doing it all for BK, IMO.

I don't think BKB is suffering, but I think her family and friends are, and will continue to suffer. There is no peace in this journey they've chosen, IMO. Only more pain and suffering, IMO.

With all due respect. I wouldn't say they have chosen this journey. Maybe the medical advice they are being given, gives them reason to maintain hope. Maybe they put more faith into advice they are being given other than medical advice. Maybe this journey isn't as sad, cruel or bitter as the alternative.
How long have you been practicing? Most physicians I speak with regularly all have stories of miraculous recoveries that are unexplainable in medical terms.

First licensed as an RN in 1986, and was a nurse's aide 82-86. Licensed as a CRNA in 1997, and have dual state licensure as APRN and CRNA, as well as national certification. Most of my career before becoming an anesthetist has been in ICU/ PICU, trauma, and USAF military flight nursing. I teach for 2 graduate anesthesia programs, in addition to clinical practice. Working on my doctorate. Have been a consultant and expert witness also, and co-owner of a staffing company.

So the short answer is around 30 years in practice. I haven't seen medical miracles. Maybe that's why it's hard for me to believe in them. I've just seen a lot of sad stories, along with the good outcomes. The good outcomes were as predictable as the bad ones, so I can't classify those as miracles.

First licensed as an RN in 1986, and was a nurse's aide 82-86. Licensed as a CRNA in 1997, and have dual state licensure as APRN and CRNA, as well as national certification. Most of my career before becoming an anesthetist has been in ICU/ PICU, trauma, and USAF military flight nursing. I teach for 2 graduate anesthesia programs, in addition to clinical practice. Working on my doctorate. Have been a consultant and expert witness also, and co-owner of a staffing company.

So the short answer is around 30 years in practice. I haven't seen medical miracles. Maybe that's why it's hard for me to believe in them. I've just seen a lot of sad stories, along with the good outcomes. The good outcomes were as predictable as the bad ones, so I can't classify those as miracles.

Thank you for your detailed reply. You obviously have a wealth of experience and expertise. Hopefully you will be witness to a "miracle" someday. They do happen. I 100% guarantee it.

Thank you for your detailed reply. You obviously have a wealth of experience and expertise. Hopefully you will be witness to a "miracle" someday. They do happen. I 100% guarantee it.

They don't happen in these cases. Not when someone is underwater so long and without oxygen.
I do know people who have had miraculous recoveries but in this case there is no miracle to be had sadly.

It seems like Cissy has accepted what she feels is the likely outcome with Bobbi Kristina. It's sad. She said that how Bobbi Kristina spends the rest of her time here is up to Bobby Brown. I do wonder how long they will continue spending by her bedside everyday. I know that can be exhausting. I mean, do people keep doing that year after year or do they eventually go about their lives and just visit on holidays?

I have to wonder if Bobby Brown is not dealing with a great deal of guilt. It's not like that poor child had much of a chance at a good life with two selfish, addict parents. He is quite possibly feeling the weight of that now.

I don't like Bobby Brown, never have, but I wouldn't wish this on anyone, and he wasn't the only bad parent.

Addicts need to learn that they can destroy their own lives as much as they choose, but they should leave children out of the equation. Of course, that would require a level of clarity that they cannot fathom.

It's all very tragic.

It seems like Cissy has accepted what she feels is the likely outcome with Bobbi Kristina. It's sad. She said that how Bobbi Kristina spends the rest of her time here is up to Bobby Brown. I do wonder how long they will continue spending by her bedside everyday. I know that can be exhausting. I mean, do people keep doing that year after year or do they eventually go about their lives and just visit on holidays?

It's definitely exhausting. My mom was in an ICU type setting for over 4 months. At first it was no different than any other type of visiting situation, as she was fully alert, but needed to be on a vent due to recovery complications from open heart surgery. However, her condition did deteriorate, and she became less and less responsive, thats when it really gets hard.

In a certain way, I'm not sure if her being moved to a LT care facility will make the decision making process "easier." It' seems like a limbo type of situation.

I don't have personal experience and so I wonder what the practices and guidelines are with this type of patient? It seems they wouldn't necessairly be the same as those in an ICU unit??

All MOO, and I definitely have no practical knowledge. Just questions I'm considering at this point.

http://www.vcpost.com/articles/5261...na-brown-condition-theres-great-deal-hope.htm

Bobbi Kristina Brown Update: No signs of improvement since transfer to rehab center; Family prepares for the "worst"

Bobbi Kristina Brown's condition has not improved since being transferred out of Emory University hospital and into the DeKalb Medical rehab center.Cissy Houston said that there is no improvement in Bobbi Kristina's condition, "we've moved her to a place for rehabilitation. And you know, still not a great deal of hope.

Bobby Brown, Bobbi Kristina's father, is heartbroken and struggling to cope with the situation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back