Missing persons window on right side of page

Status
Not open for further replies.

matou

#los2188
Reaction score
Is there new formatting that has a side split display with a missing persons window, true crime radio and advertising on the right side of all pages? I cannot close it and it takes up too much space in my opinion. This will be horrible for my smartphone. It causes the main threads to become too squished. No likey. Sorry.

I was just looking for a post on this. Yep, window is squished. Also, I have no ads and still getting ads.

Me too! Me no likey, either. I thought it was just me...I cannot read here if it stays this way. I have macular degeneration and I have enuf trouble as it is to read here. This is crazy!

Working to resolve that as we speak, matou.

p.s. Great to see you! xo

I have disabled this for mobile users, I can understand the frustration for those users. Actually there will be a new lightweight mobile skin coming very soon.

For those who should not be seeing ads, I will be looking into this issue.

Dave...I am not a mobile user. This is occurring on my regular desktop computer screen...just wanted to let you know.

I have disabled this for mobile users, I can understand the frustration for those users. Actually there will be a new lightweight mobile skin coming very soon.

For those who should not be seeing ads, I will be looking into this issue.

I'm not a mobile user and it's not an ad. It's a big box on the right side with sections for the missing forum showing posts, Tricia's radio show and one titled Advertising.

It's crowding out the posts by pushing them to the left. It's extremely difficult to read like this.

The main forum page looks normal but it's on every other page.

Dave...I am not a mobile user. This is occurring on my regular desktop computer screen...just wanted to let you know.
me too......on my laptop......help!!!!

i can't do this:(

yes, this wasn't an issue with my laptop until just a while ago. I hope it goes poof LOL. Thanks beach and dave for your hard work.

I second what Ranch says up above ^^^^. I'm on a desktop and mine is doing the same thing. It makes it very difficult to read. I hope it doesn't stay this way!

I feel better that it's not just me! :crazy:

I thought I screwed something up setting wise and couldn't figure out how to undo it! (I'm another on a laptop not a mobile/tablet)

Not only extremely hard to read and navigate, but the buttons are so smushed onto one another it's extremely difficult to hit "thanks" vs one of the reply options, etc.

Waaaahh! Um, I mean I hope it gets fixed soon and thanks to Dave for working on it!

I thought it was something screwy with my tablet. All posts/pages are smashed to the left even if I close out the boxes on the right(missing persons,radio & ads)

Ditto on the narrow threads, plus having a hard time posting. Sometimes it hangs and duplicate posts show up. Many others have double plus posts in the Germanywings thread. Good luck & thanks Dave. Hope you get it fixed!

Still have that darn popup when trying to thank people too.

I'm on mobile & it's still there :(. Hope it gets fixed soon, thanks for working on it :)

This is what I see. You can click on the Missing Person arrow and posts will show.

box.jpg

I'm on a lap top and this giant box on the right, a big YUCK!

Please, please make it go away for desktop users too! I'm supposed to be add free too, but was told awhile ago with the new software adfree wasn't possible. I don't mind it at the top or bottom of the pages, but this giant thing on the right is gawd awful!

As was said in one of the posts above, it has not changed on the front page just the other pages. It has always been like this on the main page. It is part of the standard vb package to have it on the front page. Nothing is broke unless I replicate the possible adfree issue.

I attempted to give back by adding information on the side which may benefit users. The forum stuff that is there may change depending on what we feel will be the most beneficial for the greater number of users. I removed the double ads at the top and moved 1 to the side.

As was said in one of the posts above, it has not changed on the front page just the other pages. It has always been like this on the main page. It is part of the standard vb package to have it on the front page. Nothing is broke unless I replicate the possible adfree issue.

I attempted to give back by adding information on the side which may benefit users. The forum stuff that is there may change depending on what we feel will be the most beneficial for the greater number of users. I removed the double ads at the top and moved 1 to the side.
Are you saying that the big box on the right that is crowding out the posts is here to stay? I hope not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken