James Kolar's AMA

Got a bunch of questions in. Hope he responds to some of them!

anyone know how lot the AMA program will last?

do we need to sign up just to read the real-time comments? TIA

What a good 'interview'.
Clarification and confirmarion on so many issues,
intriguing comment about the train track,
and an alternative proposition for the red triangle.
Kolar is feisty.

We also learn that Pam Paugh was not allowed access to the basement to retrieve the set of golf clubs.

Guys, I had to remove the string of posts that were copied and pasted comments from a site that can't be linked here.

Sorry, but that link has been censored and we can't permit copying & pasting. Plus, copyright infringement and all that legalese jazz.

I totally understand the interest and hope that someone can provide another link to a site that is permitted. Until then, please feel free to paraphrase and summarize the content of the interview.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation. :)

I read Kolar's book when it first came out. Like Beckner, they all dance the same dance- they all dance around BR's involvement. They have no choice, really. I agree with Kolar in that this case will never be prosecuted, no perp will ever be brought to justice- but it may be solved. (Already is, IMO).
He reinforces things I have long thought- that NO DNA tests were done on the pineapple bowl, spoon, glass. If saliva could have been tested for, we'd know who drank from that glass and (besides JB) ate from that bowl and spoon. And that NO match was made between the TDNA from her clothes and the degraded DNA from her fingernails. He doesn't address the VERY important issue of the contaminated clippers the coroner used on her nails. Amazing how many people still think that fingernail DNA could be valid AT ALL, given that the clippers were used on OTHER dead bodies before JB and not cleaned in between autopsies.
Some if is is just so frustrating to listen to. Things like no one seemingly concerned about the feces-stained clothing and candy box.

I read Kolar's book when it first came out. Like Beckner, they all dance the same dance- they all dance around BR's involvement. They have no choice, really. I agree with Kolar in that this case will never be prosecuted, no perp will ever be brought to justice- but it may be solved. (Already is, IMO).
He reinforces things I have long thought- that NO DNA tests were done on the pineapple bowl, spoon, glass. If saliva could have been tested for, we'd know who drank from that glass and (besides JB) ate from that bowl and spoon. And that NO match was made between the TDNA from her clothes and the degraded DNA from her fingernails. He doesn't address the VERY important issue of the contaminated clippers the coroner used on her nails. Amazing how many people still think that fingernail DNA could be valid AT ALL, given that the clippers were used on OTHER dead bodies before JB and not cleaned in between autopsies.
Some if is is just so frustrating to listen to. Things like no one seemingly concerned about the feces-stained clothing and candy box.

Just what I was thinking... WHY they didnt test those items is beyond me. Also I would love to knkw his "theory of prosecution", especially the part of the train tracks, he said " he doesnt think it was for torture or staging, but something else). I have racked my brain about the something else he is talking about, but I have no clue. Any insight?

Just what I was thinking... WHY they didnt test those items is beyond me. Also I would love to knkw his "theory of prosecution", especially the part of the train tracks, he said " he doesnt think it was for torture or staging, but something else). I have racked my brain about the something else he is talking about, but I have no clue. Any insight?

I believe BR hit JBR over the head with the flashlight and poked her on her lower back with the train track to try and wake her up. I've always thought that took place in the train room because where else would BR have easy access to one of the tracks? I don't know if he was known for toting his toys around the house and had it nearby (if the head blow took place in another room, that is).

He probably believes that an altercation began between BR and JB that probably escalated from yelling to hitting her with the track and then to eventually hitting her with the flashlight. It's reasonable too assume that whatever happened between them might have escalated as the dispute continued.

It was interesting that Kolar believes that JB was asleep when the Ramsey returned home dispute Burke's testimony to the contrary and John not mentioning that she was asleep at the Stein's only minutes before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If its PDI, and it WAS premeditated, then why would she want her daughter dead? I do not think this was premeditated, just saying. I believe JB had fallen asleep in the car, but did she actually walk up thise steps, or did JR carry her? JK said something like PR woke her up after JR carried her upstairs. If JB and BR had went to bed and then gotten up for a snack, maybe they decided to go down in the basement to look around(using the FL). Supposedly they couldnt open the door to the WC, so maybe one climbed onto that chair and found the gifts, considering the torn package. Perhaps they were in the train room at some point and an argument started and maybe this is where the head blow and the train tracks come into play. There were abrasions and scratches, etc found on her so I am thinking maybe all of it did take place in the basement. Just a theory

elannia,
Yes train tracks, breakfast bar as the primary crime-scene, with Burke present there during the 911 call, along with Kolar saying he does not think that the ligature asphyxiation was staging.

If Kolar thinks the breakfast bar as the primary crime-scene, then why was it never cleaned up, so to make the R's version of events consistent?

More questions than answers, I'll have to order Kolar's next book update.

Heyya UKGuy

I was wondering, .....
if the perpetrator of the manual strangulation, head blow,
and asphyxiation are one in the same, with JK's supposition that JBR's death occurred in the basement, perhaps 'the scream' was a scream of discovery,
and that person would be unaware that the assault began elsewhere?

Heyya UKGuy

I was wondering, .....
and asphyxiation are one in the same, with JK's supposition that JBR's death occurred in the basement, perhaps 'the scream' was a scream of discovery,

Tadpole12,
Yes it could be, lets say, Patsy was looking for JonBenet in the basement, hence the scream as you suggest.

Kolar says Burke was in the breakfast bar during the 911 call. He is fairly clear on this, along with his claim that the initial assault took place in the breakfast bar or close nearby. He must know something we do not since lots of his theory just does not seem to hang together?

Also no mention by Kolar regarding the use of the paintbrush to internally assault JonBenet, just that she was sexually assaulted.

He also says he can explain the use of the train tracks but litigation issues prevents him from sharing.

Heyya UKGuy

I was wondering, .....

Excellent point!!! The "scream" heard by the neighbor was between 12 and 2(iirc), so maybe it was actually PR that screamed

If its PDI, and it WAS premeditated, then why would she want her daughter dead? I do not think this was premeditated, just saying. I believe JB had fallen asleep in the car, but did she actually walk up thise steps, or did JR carry her? JK said something like PR woke her up after JR carried her upstairs. If JB and BR had went to bed and then gotten up for a snack, maybe they decided to go down in the basement to look around(using the FL). Supposedly they couldnt open the door to the WC, so maybe one climbed onto that chair and found the gifts, considering the torn package. Perhaps they were in the train room at some point and an argument started and maybe this is where the head blow and the train tracks come into play. There were abrasions and scratches, etc found on her so I am thinking maybe all of it did take place in the basement. Just a theory

I wouldn't say it was premeditated by Patsy, at least not on a conscious level. Read the part about Patsy claiming to see the My Twinn doll as JonBenet lying in a coffin on pg 242 of DoI. In his book Who Will Speak for JonBenet, Dr. Hodges states that this can be seen as a deep-seated wish disguised as a fear to make the wish more acceptable (pg 226).

Did I understand correctly that Kolar said that the Charlevoix doctor's records said JB had yeast infections? Do little girls get these? I believe they cause intense itching. Couldn't have a beauty queen contestant squirming around. I wonder if within days of PR calling Dr. B 3 times one evening JB had another contest.

I wonder if JB would be itching herself which would lead to the bathroom sessions with PR and JB screaming and crying. I don't think PR would find JB squirming as acceptable behavior.

MOO

Did I understand correctly that Kolar said that the Charlevoix doctor's records said JB had yeast infections? Do little girls get these? I believe they cause intense itching. Couldn't have a beauty queen contestant squirming around. I wonder if within days of PR calling Dr. B 3 times one evening JB had another contest.

I wonder if JB would be itching herself which would lead to the bathroom sessions with PR and JB screaming and crying. I don't think PR would find JB squirming as acceptable behavior.

MOO

WhoKnowsWhat,
I think he said the medical records held no accounts of prior internal injury, and that JonBenet's numerous visits to Dr. Beuf were unexplained by the parents despite being asked.

IMO I think James Kolar is suggesting the same person who whacked JonBenet on the head also asphyxiated her, and probably redressed her in the size-12's, note Kolar's lack of response to the size-12 questions. He will definitely have an opinion on the Wednesday issue, yet he declines to comment.

Kolars sequence of events mirror my own prior view, i.e. that JonBenet was manually asphyxiated before she was whacked on the head, resulting in the triangular abrasion beneath the ligature furrow.

Looks like Kolar definitely thinks that something regarding the opened christmas gifts was used to entice JonBenet to indulge in questionable behaviour, resulting her being choked, whacked on the head, then ligature asphyxiated?

Now I wonder if Kolar cannot talk about the train tracks since this might implicate one of the R's? In the sense that train tracks were found in an R's bedroom, is that correct, I forget the details?

The big Q for me is what is the relationship between the breakfast bar, JonBenet's bedroom, those pants lying on the floor, and Kolar saying she was initially assaulted in the kitchen area, possibly whacked with the maglite?

WhoKnowsWhat,
I think he said the medical records held no accounts of prior internal injury, and that JonBenet's numerous visits to Dr. Beuf were unexplained by the parents despite being asked.

IMO I think James Kolar is suggesting the same person who whacked JonBenet on the head also asphyxiated her, and probably redressed her in the size-12's, note Kolar's lack of response to the size-12 questions. He will definitely have an opinion on the Wednesday issue, yet he declines to comment.

Kolars sequence of events mirror my own prior view, i.e. that JonBenet was manually asphyxiated before she was whacked on the head, resulting in the triangular abrasion beneath the ligature furrow.

Looks like Kolar definitely thinks that something regarding the opened christmas gifts was used to entice JonBenet to indulge in questionable behaviour, resulting her being choked, whacked on the head, then ligature asphyxiated?

Now I wonder if Kolar cannot talk about the train tracks since this might implicate one of the R's? In the sense that train tracks were found in an R's bedroom, is that correct, I forget the details?

The big Q for me is what is the relationship between the breakfast bar, JonBenet's bedroom, those pants lying on the floor, and Kolar saying she was initially assaulted in the kitchen area, possibly whacked with the maglite?

ITA, although I see PR as doing the manual strangulation, then the head blow, also her writing the RN. But then I am BDI as well so I dont know which way to go. No way BR would have wrote that note, dressed her in the size 12's, etc. but if he bashed her and one (or both) of the parents covered, thats where the note comes in. Imo, JB went upstairs to ready for bed, maybe the arguing started there and continued into the kitchen. JB and PR could have went to the kitchen, snacking on pineapple(JB), and maybe PR was hurrying her(had to be up early, could explain the poorly chewed pineapple). Maybe JB lashed out, PR grabbed her shirt by the collar too rough, maybe the fl was handy and she bashed her(not really thinking about hurting, killing her, but out of anger).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell
Back