Actress Taraji P. Henson claims son was racially profiled during traffic stop

Snoods

Reaction score
Henson hit headlines earlier this week by revealing in an interview that her son, Marcel Henson, was stopped in Glendale for no reason, then doing 'exactly everything the cops told him to do, including letting them illegally search his car'.
'It was bogus because they didn't give him the ticket for what he was pulled over for,' she told Interview magazine.
The boy's mother made her controversial comments to Uptown magazine earlier in the week.
The Empire star said that not only was her son pulled over by police, but was stopped by cops at the University of Southern California for 'having his hands in his pocket.
Henson revealed she had planned to transfer Marcel to USC, but had now decided to send the 20-year-old to the historically black Howard University, her alma mater.

But after dashcam video (video is at Dailymail link below) of the traffic stop was released, Ms. Henson issued an apology for her allegations:

"A mother's job is not easy and neither is a police officer's," Henson wrote on the social networking site. "Sometimes as humans we overreact without gathering all the facts. As a mother in this case I overreacted and for that I apologize.

"Thank you to that officer for being kind to my son," Henson wrote.

2dbo5za.jpg

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/from-the-rough-los-angeles-vip-screening-pictures/7/
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/27/taraji-henson-apologizes-racial-_n_6959190.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ofiling-shows-cops-giving-citations-have.html

"Henson revealed she had planned to transfer Marcel to USC, but had now decided to send the 20-year-old to the historically black Howard University, her alma mater."

SHE was going to transfer him? Is he not able to do those things for himself? Seems an odd way to to word that.

It would be nice if her son Marcel also made a public apology to the LA police. I'm sure that will be forthcoming. :rolleyes:

In the video the officer couldn't have been nicer and more accommodating to the young man.

Henson hit headlines earlier this week by revealing in an interview that her son, Marcel Henson, was stopped in Glendale for no reason, then doing 'exactly everything the cops told him to do, including letting them illegally search his car'.
'It was bogus because they didn't give him the ticket for what he was pulled over for,' she told Interview magazine.

If he allowed the officer to search his car, it was not "illegal."

She should be thankful the officer didn't cite him for what he was pulled over for. As the officer explained, that would have been an expensive citation, with implications for his insurance premiums.

I agree with the statement that the officer could NOT have been nicer or more respectful. The adult son of Ms. Henson owes the police AND his mother an apology for twisting the situation to make himself appear to be a victim of profiling.

I thought she had issued a statement apologizing. This happened some time back didn't it? They way I remember it her son was not truthful with her about his interaction with the officer. She believed her son's account, got all riled up, then the video came out illustrating the officer was super professional in that interaction and she issued a statement saying she had been mistaken.

Maybe I am thinking of another actress and story?

I thought she had issued a statement apologizing. This happened some time back didn't it? They way I remember it her son was not truthful with her about his interaction with the officer. She believed her son's account, got all riled up, then the video came out illustrating the officer was super professional in that interaction and she issued a statement saying she had been mistaken.

Maybe I am thinking of another actress and story?

Her apology is duly noted in the original post.

The original incident happened a while back, but the magazine interview where she accuses police of profiling her son is recent, and she only made the apology a couple of days ago.

Ah, I see. So that explains why this story popped up on my FB feed the other day. A new interview in which "she showed her behind". Thanks :) I was wondering why this story had seemed to return to life.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stoney12
Back