FL FL - Theresa Morris, 29, Levy County, 27 Aug 1984

rainwater

Reaction score
Theresa L. Morris (no middle name listed)
Theresa is listed on the FL Dept. of Law Enforcement System website. I could not find a thread for her on WS already. She is not listed in NAMUS.

Age 29
White Female
Height 48 inches ( Another site states that her height is correct)
Brown hair
Green Eyes
Weight 125 lbs

Theresa was last seen on August 27, 1984 in Levy County, FL. There has been no contact from Theresa since then. The circumstances of her disappearance are not listed. There is no description of tattoos, scars, etc. or the clothing she was wearing when she disappeared. There is no photo of Theresa on the Florida site.
Levy County is located on the Gulf Coast side of FL; the population of the county in 2010 was just under 41,000 people.

Links: http://pas.fdle.state.fl.us/pas/person/viewMissingPerson-44348.a
https://whereaboutsstillunknown.wordpress.com/2014/12/26/the-missing-missing-part-i/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Levy_County,_Florida

No idea. The number of people who are in state databases but not in NAMUS, Doenetwork,or Charleyproject is mind-boggling. "Young and pretty person is missing" seems to get more attention in the media.

No idea. The number of people who are in state databases but not in NAMUS, Doenetwork,or Charleyproject is mind-boggling. "Young and pretty person is missing" seems to get more attention in the media.

It is mind-boggling rainwater. It gets overwhelming too doesn't it.

Thanks to everyone who helps in our missing forums. You are making a difference.

Theresa has been added to NamUs.
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/29722
Case Information
Status Missing
First name Theresa
Middle name L
Last name Morris
Nickname/Alias
Date last seen August 27, 1984 00:00
Date entered 07/31/2015
Age last seen 29 to 29 years old
Age now 60 years old
Race White
Ethnicity
Sex Female
Height (inches) 48.0
Weight (pounds) 125.0
Dental Status: Dental information / charting is currently not available
DNA Status: Initial inquiry underway
Fingerprint Information Status: Fingerprint information is currently not available

I can't find a thing on Theresa Morris. Bumping hoping someone else will find something.

Hi all. My name is Marty Morris. I am Theresa's oldest daughter, born in 1978. I've dabbled over the years trying to search for her, but got nowhere.

This is my first time ever on a forum. This had me interested, though, due to the replies on this particular post. One that I didn't even know existed. Thank you all.

Now that that is said, there are a few corrections.

My mother was not 29 years old, she was born in 1958, and was only 26.

She was tall, about 5'8"-5'9".

She had long brown hair parted in the middle (according to pictures I have).
She was 20 when she had me.

She had two daughters. They now are in their 40's, but have always wondered ...... And always were told stories as to her whereabouts.

If still alive, she would be 64 today.

Fast forward to 2018. After moving around for a while with my family, we have settled down in the Northern U.S. My younger sister is way down south. We don't talk much, last saw each other in 2016 at our grandfather's funeral.

In around September, October 2018 she Facebook messages me. Says she has some news about the whole "Jerry and Theresa" thing as we've begun calling it over the years.

****Jerry is our father.....quite a bit older than our mother, born in 1942......sinister background stories as to how he would have ever even met my mother....whether these stories (or all of them at least) were actually true I may never know...but anyways, I have always believed they were mostly true. *****

Back to the story, she tells me that our father passed away (apparently he had fallen down some concrete steps leading up to a house he was staying at and hurt his back, became paralyzed, (or partially?) And during some x-rays they found cancer along his spine.

He wanted to talk to my sister. He told her that he killed her. Down in Florida. Shot her because he came home and found her sleeping with someone else. Told the other guy to come on out and talk and supposedly talked to him by some boat somewhere and shot him? This is what she tells me anyways. And then he comes back and shoots her. My sister and I were apparently (conveniently) getting watched by a neighbor. My mom was late picking us up, and my dad told them that she had "run off again".

According to my dad she ran off a lot. She always brought "us girls" he would say.

So in the meantime, my father still owned some land up in Kentucky.

So my sister tells me that he drove her body up to Kentucky, and threw her body down into a hole (basement/celler) where a house used to stand in the property. Now this house my parents and my sister and I used to live in.....but while we were "conveniently being watched/visiting my father's parents" the house burnt down.

Now people say my father did it on purpose to collect the insurance money to move us down to Inglis, in Levy County Florida.

And over the years with all the crazy crap my father has done in my actual memories (I honestly remember nothing at all about my mother. I was a couple months from being 6 when she "disappeared".

So anyways, he throws her body in there, throws a bunch of sticks/debris from the house fire, throws some tires on top of that, and goes to his brother in law to see if his dad (he was in the excavation business) would let him have a bunch of dirt to fill in the hole.

My uncle recalls this happening.

So I guess he gets some dirt and starts building his foundation of lies.

So it's a tiny little town, somehow we (my father, myself, and my sister) end up living in a house right across the street (as in directly) from the old house that burned down in late 1983). Right next door is the elementary school. My father had chopped off all my long hair (like my mother's) so I kinda looked boyish.

A few years ago by.....we were featured in the local newspaper in an article on "father's with children and absent mothers".

He begins construction on the property across the street.

A daycare center.

I had my 10th birthday at that daycare center.

The daycare is still there. To this day.

And I wonder if my mother really is underneath the foundation.

My father had been a Sheriff when I was a baby. I have a picture of him holding me in his uniform. I'm not sure why he quit being a sheriff, but he was a big construction worker as well. That's all I remember him being. Hence him building the daycare center.

Thank you for listening.

And for your thoughts.

Wow. Bumping
Holy smokes!! I got an alert about your bump because I commented on this case almost nine years ago!

Then I read the post above yours and saw this woman’s son’s story, which sadly, as shocking as it is to read, isn’t a rare scenario, at all! In fact, I have considered making a podcast detailing cases like this. The title, “…and when I came back, she was gone…”

I wonder if her son has told LE his story?

Holy smokes!! I got an alert about your bump because I commented on this case almost nine years ago!

Then I read the post above yours and saw this woman’s son’s story, which sadly, as shocking as it is to read, isn’t a rare scenario, at all! In fact, I have considered making a podcast detailing cases like this. The title, “…and when I came back, she was gone…”

I wonder if her son has told LE his story?
*daughter

Soo much to take in.. Its sad these girls have had to deal with this. It brings tears to my eyes

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back