AZ AZ - Allison Feldman, 31, Scottsdale, 18 Feb 2015 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
95ca2d85-7e2c-4324-b2b2-69401a04aa18_zpsggfesrhj.jpg

http://www.kpho.com/story/28147254/police-investigating-scottsdale-womans-death-as-homicide

Scottsdale police are investigating the death of a 31-year-old woman found dead inside her home near 85th Street and Monterey Way...

Neighbors tell CBS 5 News the woman had recently moved in.

http://tucson.com/news/state-and-re...cle_19be9ec7-afc3-5052-9e94-48e14a3950ea.html

Police identified the victim as Allison Feldman and said police were called late Wednesday after a friend found Feldman's body.

Police aren't releasing details on how Feldman was killed but said they don't have any suspects at this time.

Allison's FB: https://www.facebook.com/allison.feldman.3
Thread #1

:bump:

Continue the discussion here.

I, for one love hearing other people's theories. I find it opens my mind to things I never would've thought of. I watch a lot of true crime shows and I 've been amazed as who the perp sometimes turns out to be and the motive is often one that surprises me. The possible real estate angle is intriguing, IMO

I was checking how much condos were going for in that condo complex and found another 2-bd 1212 sq ft that sold for $123k on 1/30/15. AF bought her unit in 2007 for $241k so it was significantly still underwater. According to Trulia, the average listing price for similar homes for sale in that area is $130,226 and the average sales price for similar recently sold homes is $120,675.

I was checking how much condos were going for in that condo complex and found another 2-bd 1212 sq ft that sold for $123k on 1/30/15. AF bought her unit in 2007 for $241k so it was significantly still underwater. According to Trulia, the average listing price for similar homes for sale in that area is $130,226 and the average sales price for similar recently sold homes is $120,675.

Yeah. That sounds more like it. In 2007, when Allison bought that condo, real estate here in Scottsdale was still over inflated. Then the bottom fell out.

She would have been around 23 at the time. I wonder how she qualified for a $270K loan? Of course there were a lot of shady mortgage companies back then too. More then even than now.

Then again, someone could have set her up in it. It's par for the course here in Scottsdale. Or maybe she had a roommate then. I suppose her parents might have given her the money but it seems odd they would let it foreclose.

I would love to know who was making the payments back then, paying the utilities etc.

PS: IMO

I had assumed that she was living in it,but I might have misread. Do you think it's possible she retained ownership and was allowing someone to live in it,and that person would be responsible for the costs? I know someone that bought a condo. It was really for their son but he didn't have the income to qualify for a mortgage. The understanding was he would eventually buy it from his parents,when he could qualify for his own mortgage.

Still, I think the real estate transactions are relevant to this case because of the timing and coincidence of events to do with other things related to her life.

For instance: Allison bought the new house on Monterey Way around the same time or maybe a little bit after she began dating Alex. Was she looking basically to start over? Had she been involved with someone at the old place and needed to break ties in order to move forward?

The timing of the public recordings on these properties also seems odd. I would think Allison was probably upset over the foreclosure on her condo. It would have had a huge impact on her FICO.

I wonder why she didn't take advantage of HARP to refi instead of foreclose or short sell. It seems to me that unless there was another party involved who might not have wanted to cooperate, she had other options.

Again, as I stated in the other thread, I really can't understand why someone like Allison, under normal circumstances, would buy one house before selling the existing one she owned.

I had assumed that she was living in it,but I might have misread. Do you think it's possible she retained ownership and was allowing someone to live in it,and that person would be responsible for the costs? I know someone that bought a condo. It was really for their son but he didn't have the income to qualify for a mortgage. The understanding was he would eventually buy it from his parents,when he could qualify for his own mortgage.

I suppose it would be possible that she could have rented it out and something happened to the tenants. But even under those circumstances, owning a property you are that upside down in, would make it difficult to get a loan on an additional more expensive property, especially with the more strict lending laws we have now. I'm kind of surprised her parents didn't step in.

I know many are wondering why I am so intent on following up on this real estate theory. It's simple. I am looking for a possible motive. Passion, jealousy and money are some of the biggest motives. And if you take jealousy and money and add that together it makes for even more possibility.

Yes, I still think there are other reasons this might have happened. And I still have certain suspects I can't mention here on my mind. But there is nothing concrete to go on and I find the real estate angle very interesting.

As most of you know I have never felt this was random. So there must be a reason someone wanted to kill her. Maybe even, in their sick and twisted mind, thought it was even necessary to kill her.

So yes, I'm willing to explore all kinds of far out possibilities. It most likely isn't a simple story. It more than likely is quite complex, which is what led to such a brutal crime scene.

Many people in Arizona at that time either short sold their homes or allowed them to go to foreclosure because they were so underwater and the ramifications in both AZ and California were to their benefit.

I Know of several people who arranged short sells of their multi-million dollar homes believe it or not. Some bought another place first and after closing on the new home, then let the first home go into foreclosure or short sold it. I don't think the dates work tho on Allison's homes, do they?

Many people in Arizona at that time either short sold their homes or allowed them to go to foreclosure because they were so underwater and the ramifications in both AZ and California were to their benefit.

I Know of several people who arranged short sells of their multi-million dollar homes believe it or not. Some bought another place first and after closing on the new home, then let the first home go into foreclosure or short sold it. I don't think the dates work tho on Allison's homes, do they?

Since I live here I have several friends who I know who did just what you are talking about here in Scottsdale. But these were, as you stated, multimillion dollar properties. I know a couple of people who actually lived in there very high end homes for months not paying their mortgage payments at all and then moving out into another property they had acquired at foreclosure prices. In both cases the original property was in the name of only one of the spouses so the credit if the other was not affected. Rich people always have a way of handling these situations to their advantage.

But with Allison we are talking basically starter homes. Like I said, her FICO would have taken a major hit as soon as the foreclosure went on record. And it would have. Her condo was up for auction, not short sale. Now I know a lot of young kids ruin their credit by doing really dumb stuff, stuff like not making their car payments, credit cards etc. but I just don't get the feeling Allison was this frivolous. Something seems amiss here.

IMO

PS...Sorry for the bad spelling and grammar. It's my phone not me. I promise.

Miss D, I think this is an interesting angle. There were and I'm sure still are a lot of shady people that were involved in the mortgage business. I would think her parents would have tried to help her out,also. Maybe, she was embarrassed and didn't want them to know. Maybe, she wasn't good with $ and made some risky investments or got scammed somehow. She wouldn't be the first person for this to happen to. CNBC's "American Greed" has done more than one show on real estate scam artists. I'll try to find a link.

I think Allison was one of those people who never met a stranger. Her smile lights up every picture she's in. She looks like she was a woman who lived her life like an open book. She probably was friendly to the wrong person. Maybe she tried to help someone down on their luck and he took advantage of her kindness. I don't think Allison's family and friends would keep pictures of Allison's boyfriend on her Facebook tribute page if they had any doubt about his innocence.
imo

It's so frustrating that there hasn't been an arrest yet.

FYI, on the subject why there is no Silent Witness campaign for Allison encouraging individuals to come forward with information: The Scottsdale case officer handling the case must approve of it and has not done so as of yet. The question is: why.

FYI, on the subject why there is no Silent Witness campaign for Allison encouraging individuals to come forward with information: The Scottsdale case officer handling the case must approve of it and has not done so as of yet. The question is: why.

Maybe they have a lead and don't want to spook the perp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member