Brown

Eye color
Brown

Dental Status:
Dental information / charting is currently not available

DNA Status:
Initial inquiry underway

Fingerprint information is currently not available

Circumstances: Prescott suffered from mental problems with a tendency to wander. Retired disability. Military veteran.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/7138/0
http://www.missingin.org/reg3912/horace_jack_prescott_jr.htm

I didn't find him on any other websites.

I'm going to submit this guy as a possible once I look into it a bit further.

ME/C Case Number: 77-15257
Washington County, Oregon
45 to 80 year old White Male

Height is a little off - weight is 55lbs off. I don't like that part but the dentures issue would clear it right up.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/11390

From DN:http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2575umor.html

Date of Discovery: December 17, 1977
Location of Discovery: Washington County, Oregon
Estimated Date of Death: Months prior
State of Remains: Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction
Cause of Death: Homicide by three gunshot wounds to the head
Physical Description

** Listed information is approximate
Estimated Age: 45-80 years old
Race: White
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 200 lbs.
Hair Color: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown
Dentals: Available. Wore a full set of dentures stamped with "351-923". The may have been issued by the military.
Fingerprints: Not available.
DNA: Not available.
Clothing & Personal Items

Clothing: Blue bib overalls, gray sweatshirt, and brown work boots.
Jewelry: Yellow metal Timex with a metal flex-style band.
Additional Personal Items: Unknown
Case History

A fisherman found the victim's body in Gales Creek in Washington County.

Nov 25 2018
https://www.heraldnet.com/news/missing-mans-name-literally-found-in-grave-of-1978-cold-case/
"LYNNWOOD — Tiny black letters run along the buttonholes inside the shirt, in a blank space, between faded cartoonish flowers.

Forty years ago, an unidentified man’s clothes and bones were buried at Cypress Lawn in Everett. In October, the grave was exhumed, with the hope that it held clues to the man’s past.

Cold case investigators dug up a name, printed on the shirt.

“Prescott Horace.”

Officially, the man is still unidentified, without DNA or dental proof of who he was. But the new discovery reinforces a solid lead.

Old records from the case have been lost or destroyed. The only police reports date from January 1978, when a dog found a man’s skull and carried it to a yard across from what’s now a Fred Meyer. State archivists tried but couldn’t unearth police records from March and April 1978, when surveyors found more bones — ribs and vertebrae — off 164th Street SW near Lynnwood. Among the later findings were clothes and a blanket, according to articles in The Daily Herald.

Snohomish County sheriff’s detective Jim Scharf doubts that deputies of that era saw the name in the shirt. If they did, they could’ve made the connection to missing Marine veteran Horace Jack “Dany” Prescott Jr., who was last seen alive in Seattle on Nov. 15, 1976.

At the time, Prescott was in his late 40s.

Maybe the name was printed to keep laundry sorted in group housing. Prescott, who joined the Marines in the last days of World War II, reportedly lived with mental health problems. He tended to wander.

Maybe the name was dismissed as a brand, like Calvin Klein.

Today, with a gap in the records, we don’t know.

He’s among the oldest of 13 nameless bodies that county detectives hope to identify. If investigators can find Prescott’s relatives, samples of their DNA could help to solve the case and bring long-awaited answers to a missing man’s family."

Yearbook photos show Horace Prescott Jr. as a sophomore, junior and senior at Ballard High School. (Snohomish County Medical Examiner’s Office)
“The nose and the mouth and the chin are pretty darn close,” she said. “I think it really could be him.”

Caleb Hutton: 425-339-3454; chutton@heraldnet.com. Twitter: @snocaleb.

Tips

Tips can be directed to the Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office at 425-339-3454.

So I'm assuming from the above info that they can find no relatives for DNA for a positive ID. Both missing and UID are still in NamUs.
Looks like military dental comparison was inconclusive.
Must say I'm surprised this UID wasn't identified when he was found. Not very often there is a name on the clothing. But I also realize communication and identification methods at that time were not what they are today. Lets hope Horace "Jack" can go home soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back