Sillybilly

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Noah Terry Thomas
Missing-boy-197x350.jpg

Missing Pulaski Boy
PULASKI (WSLS 10) The Pulaski County Sheriff's Office is looking for 5 year old Noah Terry Thomas who went missing Sunday morning in the 5400 Block of Highland Road in Dublin.

Noah was last seen wearing a camo jacket, black and yellow pants and spiderman rain boots.
http://www.wsls.com/story/28583346/missing-pulaski-boy
UPDATE MARCH 26, 2015

Body of missing Va. boy Noah Thomas found in septic tank
6:20 p.m. EDT March 26, 2015

Pulaski Co. sheriff confirms death of Noah Thomas; no one in custody
Web Staff, WDBJ7, news@wdbj7.com
POSTED: 12:47 PM EDT Mar 26, 2015 UPDATED: 06:31 PM EDT Mar 26, 2015

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3

Thread #4

I hope Noah will be remembered for a long time by his friends and those who loved him.

LOL thread closed before I could edit my comment so bringing over:
Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post

You could be correct. They often will charge with lesser charges simply to keep them in place while they continue to investigate more serious charges (such as murder). There may not be much keeping those two in the area since their children are gone and I suspect LE considered they spent too much time searching for Noah to waste any more time trying to track them down later. (At least, I would feel that way.)

After the Manner Of Death and the Cause Of Death come in with the final autopsy report, they may have the evidence they need to move forward with more charges. No reason to let them roam free.

Does anyone think the August date for the preliminary hearing is unusual? I was quite surprised by the date being months away.

my orig response:

Not really because the court system is packed there as in most areas. They have made their plea, went over the Attorney needs and now their Attorney will start getting discovery (I assume) and be prepared for the Hearing in August. Looking over other cases in my state, most are a few months off. VA set up is different than what I am use to reading on in my state AR.

I found this site, pretty informative of basic how things work in VA http://www.vacriminaldefenselawyer.com/criminal-court/

What I wanted to add ^^ Not sure if 4 months is a normal length of time for setting the Preliminary Hearing date, but it possible that it was set that far ahead giving time for the Tox results to get back. But, I honestly think its probably a normal length of time. Maybe someone from the area knows or knows how to look up cases to eyeball dockets :) or point in direction I don't mind eyeballing ;)

WOW that thread moved fast, Thank you Silly for the new one.

I would have said 4 months seemed right for a pre-trial conference, but prelim? I feel that is because the investigation is ongoing.

The other thing that occurred to me was that "hard and credible tip". The sheriff seemed to downplay it afterward by shifting to a 'more aggressive search". My feeling now is that it may have been a family member - perhaps even PT himself. I am not trying to give him any credit but guilt can have an effect. I thought I read it somewhere as " You NEED to look in the septic tank". In any case I feel that it came from someone who actually knew, thus making it so credible.

Just speculating here, nothing more.

:cow:

From prev thread last page:

Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post

I have never heard of a judge making time for drug treatment in any case.

According to the Federal Speedy Trial Act, a defendant has the right to a preliminary hearing, if applicable to their case, within thirty days of their arrest, unless the defendant waives their right to a speedy trial.
http://www.lawfirms.com/resources/cr...y-hearings.htm bbm

Did anyone hear them waive their right to a speedy trial? Or does this particular Federal Act not apply in VA? I am curious now.
Since neither Defendant had an Attorney present, the DA/Judge most likely TOLLED the speedy trial til hearing (stopped the clock)

I. Speedy Trial
The tolling of Virginia‘s speedy trial statute occurs in certain circumstances, including when the Commonwealth seeks a con-tinuance and the defendant does not object. (snip from pg 16 http://lawreview.richmond.edu/wp/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Theisen-461.pdf )

This may help some of us:

Code of Virginia
Title 19.2 - CRIMINAL PROCEDURE.
https://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+TOC1902000

`
I would have said 4 months seemed right for a pre-trial conference, but prelim? I feel that is because the investigation is ongoing.

The other thing that occurred to me was that "hard and credible tip". The sheriff seemed to downplay it afterward by shifting to a 'more aggressive search". My feeling now is that it may have been a family member - perhaps even PT himself. I am not trying to give him any credit but guilt can have an effect. I thought I read it somewhere as " You NEED to look in the septic tank". In any case I feel that it came from someone who actually knew, thus making it so credible.

Just speculating here, nothing more.

:cow:
or maybe the people who lived in the home in front of Noah's? Especially if they hadn't ever had any issues with the septic system...
IIRC, I read here, that Noah home and the white house were both connected to the same septic system..

Thinking out loud. What IF Noah coat/clothing or whatever somehow got into the outgoing water to the field lines. This would not allow the tank to work properly. After 5 days of use the water level in the tank would cause the water from the house to not drain or flush properly. If LEO were at the home and realized this, that would be a big tip to check the tank. *JMO
septic tank.jpg

My parents in the country and have septic system. I also owned a home in the area many years ago. The water table in the area was high and who ever orig did the septic and field lines (many yrs prior) I don't think put in enough field lines. If we had a lot of rain, or did a lot of laundry around time when ground saturated, sometimes we you could hear a gurgle. That place was a pain lol (esp with kids) thankfully they had sewer system come thru and we hooked up. Thinking about my experiences made me wonder about the above thoughts. 2 homes on one septic system is a lot. Possible I misunderstood, on that. But I have heard of people doing that years ago, trying to cut corners... especially if the owner was same at both homes.

Do we know if the same person owned these homes that are close together?

My parents in the country and have septic system. I also owned a home in the area many years ago. The water table in the area was high and who ever orig did the septic and field lines (many yrs prior) I don't think put in enough field lines. If we had a lot of rain, or did a lot of laundry around time when ground saturated, sometimes we you could hear a gurgle. That place was a pain lol (esp with kids) thankfully they had sewer system come thru and we hooked up. Thinking about my experiences made me wonder about the above thoughts. 2 homes on one septic system is a lot. Possible I misunderstood, on that. But I have heard of people doing that years ago, trying to cut corners... especially if the owner was same at both homes.

Do we know if the same person owned these homes that are close together?

It was definitely discussed that the same owner rented both houses. The man who said Noah was like a grandson to him.

Can someone help out my interpretation? As I am reading it, it appears as if neither parent actually had an attorney as of this mornings hearing, correct? AW seemed to think the same one that was helping them while Noah was missing would represent her with these charges. (I wonder if he volunteered his services to them, while he was thought to be missing). And PT seemed to think he had one, but that person has not responded to MSM and was not at the hearing. Did anyone else get that from the articles?

It was definitely discussed that the same owner rented both houses. The man who said Noah was like a grandson to him.

Thank You! lol I missed a lot, trying to play catch up a little.. some lil nuggets are missed if you don't get in on the beginning, some things get deleted that later are relevant after they become able to speak about. ;) you know the drill. Thanks again

Can someone help out my interpretation? As I am reading it, it appears as if neither parent actually had an attorney as of this mornings hearing, correct? AW seemed to think the same one that was helping them while Noah was missing would represent her with these charges. (I wonder if he volunteered his services to them, while he was thought to be missing). And PT seemed to think he had one, but that person has not responded to MSM and was not at the hearing. Did anyone else get that from the articles?

That's the way I understood it also.

Thank You! lol I missed a lot, trying to play catch up a little.. some lil nuggets are missed if you don't get in on the beginning, some things get deleted that later are relevant after they become able to speak about. ;) you know the drill. Thanks again

I understood it that way. But they really didn't need an attorney today. I have not looked up the attorneys that were mentioned, but I feel certain their charges will be upgraded and they will need a very good criminal attorney.

I need to post this before I go to bed. Someone posted something on the last thread that I can't stop thinking about- about listening to the details for Noah. So often it is so hard to hear the details. The horror of it makes you want to turn away or turn it off or tune it out. The thing is, when a "story" with real watered down facts is so horrible, then imagine what it was like actually living it. As an adult, I can barely handle to hear the things that happen to children, but this little child had to actually live through it! I am going to try my best to sit through all of the details and not turn away from any of them. It will be my way to honor and support Noah with what he went through. If he had to physically be there, I can be strong enough to hear his story. I want to feel like he is being validated and has someone standing next to him, for once in his life. Those who should have protected him failed him and he was all alone. He was. He was all alone and put inside of a cr** box. I will hear his story in his honor and give him the compassion and support he should have had in life. I am so sorry you had to experience that, Noah. You saw a side of evil that most of us will luckily never see in our entire lives.

I'm not even sure I am making sense in writing, but in my own head, I know what I mean!

Dalton alerted White and Thomas that several members of the media were present in the room for the hearing - and both objected.

“This is the saddest thing that’s ever happened to me in my life,” White said. “I don’t feel people should be able to enjoy it over dinner.”

Said Thomas: “I don’t want my life to be their news story.”

http://www.richmond.com/news/virginia/article_ce73855e-d96a-11e4-84bd-df3980886b6a.html

You know, probably if they'd just called 911 and reported him dead and not mustered up a huge community uproar and LE search on false pretenses, leading up to his discovery in a septic tank, this would likely be just a local news item that wouldn't have five WS threads and as many people talking about it, at least until it's known how he died.

I understood it that way. But they really didn't need an attorney today. I have not looked up the attorneys that were mentioned, but I feel certain their charges will be upgraded and they will need a very good criminal attorney.

Sorry, I am confused by your comment to which you quoted me. My comment was in reference to thanking the other member for answering my question as to whether Noah home and the other were owned by the same people...to which MPNOLA said yes..

Sorry, I am confused by your comment to which you quoted me. My comment was in reference to thanking the other member for answering my question as to whether Noah home and the other were owned by the same people...to which MPNOLA said yes..

Sorry about that. I hit the wrong quote.

I encourage you all to visit the Facebook page for little Noah. The people that did know him are sharing their memories. It is bittersweet knowing he is gone but some of the stories are just precious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni