OR OR - Multnomah Co, Tualatin Mtns, WhtMale 30-55, UP8584, pocket watch, old coins, clothes, May'86

bflocket

Reaction score
This is a new addition to DoeNetwork and sounds fairly interesting

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2582umor.html

Partial skeletal remains (WM, age 30-55) were found near a logging road in 1986. He is thought to have been dead since 1920-1955.

They may have committed suicide as an old revolver was found nearby. They also had some REALLY OLD coins on them (1888 and 1919).

I thought that this UID was interesting because of the "old mystery" part of it. Any loved ones from the time he went missing (or even his children) may not even be around today. Perhaps grandchildren or great-grandchildren...

Here's the Newspaper article dated two years ago that talks about this case and who these bones may belong to. Rocky Point Road is just about where Linnton is,, so it would make sense for him to choose to commit suicide close to where so many of his life experiences happened. I wonder what happened to the DNA testing since he's not on the rule-out list.

Disappearance of Marvin Clark - Wikipedia
In 1986, a John Doe was discovered in a wooded area between Portland and Tigard; these remains were estimated to have been between 35 and 55 years old at the time of death, and several mementos from the late-19th and early-20th centuries were discovered along with the body, leading detectives to suspect the remains were Clark's. Reports of this potential connection made national headlines in 2011. However, in 2018, it was determined through DNA testing that these remains were not those of Clark. As of 2018, Clark's whereabouts remain unknown.

This John Doe has been unidentified for 36 years today.

@Caring1 Hey could you post the current list of NamUs exclusions for this John Doe? I would greatly appreciate it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back