Found Deceased Australia - Stephanie Scott, 26, Leeton, NSW, 5 April 2015 - #1 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nacho

Reaction score
http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw...fore-her-wedding/story-fnii5s3x-1227294340843

A bride to be from NSW has been missing since Easter Sunday. Stephanie is due to be married this Saturday (11/04) to her partner of 5 years.

No indication of foul play or self harm from any of the articles I've read. Nothing is really hinted at but given the circumstances my (and many others) first thought has been cold feet. Hopefully not though.

Thank you for posting this, this case is a real worry, I was hoping this was a 'Runaway Bride' kind of situation .. I really hope it is, otherwise I just feel sick thinking about the alternative, her poor family looking forward to such an exciting day, and now this.

Is the runaway bride a real thing, or a trope? Are there documented cases of it happening? Particularly in recent times when broken engagements and being unmarried are hardly scandalous things, so there is little shame in ending a relationship these days compared to the past. I'd hate to see this taken less seriously because it gets dismissed as 'cold feet'. And even if she was feeling pressured by her upcoming wedding, it's still a concern for her mental health, not something to be dismissed as some silly girl running from her groom.

I very much hope for a happy ending to this.

Also my post does not refer to comments here. It's a general response to comments I've seen on the Daily Telegraph post on this. Thankfully most posts have been respectful.

If it turns out she crashed the car and police didn't look to that possibility before now then I will be furious, so I can't imagine how her family would feel .. that's ridiculous that they haven't brought helicopters in before now.

A bit more info in this article.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-04-...-nsw-riverina-region-was-due-to-marry/6374992

Mr Woolley said he last spoke to Ms Scott "at 10 o'clock on Sunday morning", but she had not answered her phone since that afternoon.

"She went up to school to do a couple of essays and just get organised before we went on our honeymoon, that was 10:15am, 10:30am," Mr Woolley said.

"She got the key at 11:00am off one of her other colleagues and one of my friends has seen her at 1:00pm at Woolies.

"That's the last sight of her."

Mr Woolley said police would check video footage from a local supermarket where Ms Scott was reportedly seen about 1:00pm on Sunday.

Why in the flipping heck have police been dragging their feet on this one? If she is found in her car then god help them.

Seems they're only just starting to take it seriously.

Timeline from the daily mail. Wonder who the work colleague is and why people were at the school on a Sunday, in the holidays.

Saturday April 4: Stephanie Scott drives 45 minutes to nearby Griffith to pick up cuff links for the groomsmen and a bikini for her honeymoon to Tahiti
Saturday 1pm: A friend sees Ms Scott at Woolworths in Leeton
Saturday 7pm: Ms Scott talks to her sister Robyn on the phone for 55 minutes, expressing how excited she is about her upcoming wedding
Sunday 10am: She texts her fiance Aaron Leeson-Woolley to tell him about her plans for the morning
Sunday 11am: Ms Scott meets a colleague at her workplace - Leeton High School - to pick up a set of keys
Sunday midday: Mr Leeson-Woolley tries to call Ms Scott but she does not answer
Sunday 12.59pm: Ms Scott sends an email from the school to the bus company she has hired for her wedding
Sunday 7pm: Ms Scott fails to show up for a planned dinner date with her fiance in Leeton
Monday 3pm: Mr Leeson-Woolley reports to police that Ms Scott is missing
Monday 4pm: Family members start posting on Facebook asking for help in locating Ms Scott
Tuesday 11.54am: 48 hours after she was last seen, police appeal for public assistance to locate Ms Scott, saying they are investigating the circumstances surrounding her disappearance
Tuesday afternoon: Police door knock houses in the area surrounding Leeton High School
Tuesday night: Police search the school
Wednesday 8.37am: Ms Scott's sister Kim, who fears her car may have rolled of the road, asks public to help search along roads in the area
Wednesday 11.12am: Police release an image of a car similar to Ms Scott's missing red Mazda 3 sedan

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ys-excited-wedding-weekend.html#ixzz3Wgoa7Qmn
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

thanks for this timeline - it always amazes me how the daily mail in the UK is so much more informative than our local media!

This has my hinky meter going!!!
12 Partner, AW calls and fails to reach her
12:59 pm SS sends an email to the bus company

I wonder what the colleague who is the last person to see her has to say? She was at the school for 2 hours min - I wonder if there are video cameras at the school? SS and her car are basically missing from 11am maybe even earlier depending on the distance from her home to the school.

http://www.irrigator.com.au/story/2994278/have-you-seen-stephanie-scott/?cs=1272

12.52pm: Despite reports from some media outlets, NSW Police Media has confirmed a helicopter has not been flown from Sydney to Leeton to assist in the search for Stephanie Scott.

12.30pm: The NSW Department of Education and Communities has just released a statement regarding the disappearance of Stephanie Scott.

A spokesperson for the department said “as with any issue that might affect students, staff or a particular family, the school will work to support them as necessary”.

11.20am: Police have confirmed they aren’t conducting any ground searches for Stephanie Scott today, but have provided an image of a care similar to the one owned by Miss Scott.

Earlier this morning: The search for Stephanie Scott will continue today.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2997551/no-way-its-cold-feet-family-friends-search-for-missing-bride-to-be-stephanie-scott/?cs=12

Ms Scott was last seen at Leeton High School, on Myrtle Street, about 11am on Easter Sunday.

A friend who had earlier reported seeing Ms Scott at Woolworths on Sunday afternoon was mistaken, and had actually seen her at the supermarket on the Saturday afternoon, Robyn said.

So a timeline for Stephanie - she was last seen in person at school at 11 am and didn't answer her phone (fiance calling ) at approx 12 noon and sent an email to bus company at 1 pm. She had a dinner reservation at 8 pm that night. So something happened between 1 pm and when her fiance returned presumably before 7 - 8 pm.

Who else would be at a school on Easter Sunday? Colleagues, kids skateboarding in the car park? Security guards doing drive through?

Who else would be at a school on Easter Sunday? Colleagues, kids skateboarding in the car park? Security guards doing drive through?

This has me wondering too! Was she at the school alone or were others there too?

Yes were others there at the school? Someone saw her there apparently if that's where she was last seen?
Before anyone wonders it's quite common for teachers to put in time out of hours and she obviously had reason to be there. Other teachers may have been too, as well as maintenance types and tradies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Taylor Sage