GUILTY SC - Shelby Taylor charged w/ attempted murder of newborn, Myrtle Beach, April 2015

PeterThomasFan

Reaction score
Newborn baby thrown in dumpster just after birth, Horry County Police say
Posted: Apr 09, 2015 3:08 PM EDT
Updated: Apr 09, 2015 3:18 PM EDT
By Rod Overton

Horry County Police are on the scene of a newborn baby being thrown into a dumpster.

Police were called just before 2:30 pm to the 500 block of Fairway Village to investigate.

The mother of the baby had just given birth and the baby was then thrown into a dumpster in the area, said Lt. Raul Denis of the Horry County Police.

[...]

News article updated. Baby is stable. Picture of POI posted.

Better start checking the hospitals around. Eventually the "mother" will need medical attention.

I hope they catch this b----. One of the photos released shows the poi holding what looks like a toddler - wonder what that poor child has been thru.

OMG---Safe Haven laws throughout the country and still this happens. Thank God the baby is alive, and a special thanks to the wonderful man who found her and helped. In one of the pictures, the POI actually looks like she has a restaurant apron on.

OMG---Safe Haven laws throughout the country and still this happens. Thank God the baby is alive, and a special thanks to the wonderful man who found her and helped. In one of the pictures, the POI actually looks like she has a restaurant apron on.

I was thinking the same thing. It looks like the picture was taken in a business and it looks like she's wearing an apron. I was also thinking restaraunt. Sometimes hairdressers wear aprons, grocery store folks sometimes wear them too.

baby%20woman.jpg

baby%20woman%202.jpg

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/crime/article17973680.html

Dropping the baby off at a hospital or something would just be too difficult for you?
She will probably say that she gave birth on her lunch break and didn't have time to take baby anywhere. :sigh:

One of the articles stated the baby's cries were heard by a couple of teen boys. One jumped into the dumpster and had to dig through the trash to get to her. He could hear her cries and found the bag she was tied in and had to break her out. So scary! These young men are angels for rescuing her!

One of the articles stated the baby's cries were heard by a couple of teen boys. One jumped into the dumpster and had to dig through the trash to get to her. He could hear her cries and found the bag she was tied in and had to break her out. So scary! These young men are angels for rescuing her!

They certainly were this little baby's angels! I will NEVER understand the behavior of this woman or women like her! It shows a total disregard for life. I hope she no longer has custody of the other child she is seen carrying.

What bothers me even more is the unknown number of babies that no one hears the cries of. How many are disposed of like this little babe? There's no reason at all for it! It's so easy, drop your baby off at a hospital, fire dept, police station. No questions asked. Safe surrender. :gaah:

Woman who police say threw baby in dumpster identified

HORRY COUNTY -- Horry County Police have now identified the suspect accused of throwing a newborn baby in a dumpster Thursday afternoon.

Shelby Harper Taylor, 23, of Myrtle Beach has been released from the hospital and booked at J. Reuben Long Detention Center.

Taylor is charged with one count of attempted murder.

[...]

Woman accused of leaving baby in dumpster is now out on bond
Posted: 04.11.2015 at 1:25 PM

HORRY COUNTY -- Horry County Police have now identified the suspect accused of throwing a newborn baby in a dumpster near Socastee Thursday afternoon.

Shelby Harper Taylor, 23, of Myrtle Beach has been released from the hospital, then was booked at the J. Reuben Long Detention Center.

On Saturday, she was charged with one count of attempted murder and bond was set at $10,000.

She posted bond and left the J. Reuben Long Detention Center on Saturday around 6 p.m.

[...]

shelby.jpg

Myrtle Beach woman indicted on attempted murder charge after newborn found in trash
JUNE 3, 2015

A Myrtle Beach woman was indicted on an attempted murder charge in connection with her newborn baby being found abandoned in a trash bin in April outside an apartment complex, according to court records.

Shelby Harper Taylor, 23, was indicted on the charge in Horry County Grand Jury indictments released Tuesday.

Taylor was arrested on the charge April 11 after Horry County police said they were searching for a woman in connection with a newborn baby girl being found abandoned in a dumpster.

[...]

Woman found guilty of attempted murder after newborn baby left in dumpster

Conway, S.C. (WPDE) — Shelby Taylor has been found guilty of the attempted murder of her baby daughter.

Defense attorneys asked the judge to delay sentencing. It has been scheduled for next Thursday at 2 p.m.

http://wach.com/news/local/woman-fo...ed-murder-after-newborn-baby-left-in-dumpster

saw this on my twitter feed and thought I would share.

Taylor sentenced to 25 years in prison

The Myrtle Beach area woman found guilty of attempted murder, when she left her newborn baby girl in a trash bag at a communal dumpster at her apartment complex in April of 2015 has been sentenced to 25 years in prison.

"That was not me in that moment. I’m very sorry and I love my kids with all my heart," Taylor tearfully stated.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/37517241/mother-convicted-of-leaving-newborn-baby-in-dumpster-sentenced-to-25-years

Judge Robert Hood empathetically listened to everyone and gave time to the defense and prosecution. Before he read Taylor's sentencing, he said everyone should be thankful for the mother who asked her two teenage boys to take out the trash on that April day in 2015, or baby Trinity may have never been found.

"For whatever reason in God’s providence, he decided to save Trinity that day and I only hope the best for her and for her sister and for her family, and that includes you Miss Taylor," Hood said.

Although he noted Taylor has no criminal history, Hood said what she did is a very serious crime that has serious implications.Tears flooded the courtroom as the judge read her 25-year sentence and said she cannot have any contact with the victim.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back