GUILTY NV - Michael Panek, 19, shot to death, Las Vegas, 6 Feb 2004

Jeana (DP)

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Wasn't sure where to put this, but thought it was interesting.

http://www.courttv.com/trials/holden/diary/index.html

"This is going to be my jernal [sic] of my life for my family so they know what I was thinking and feling [sic] because I want them to know what was going thru my thots [sic]."

Spelling and grammar errors weren’t the only things contained in this jailhouse diary kept by Jim Holden. The 25-year-old murder defendant confesses to multiple murders, claims his tattoo talks to him and keeps a list of who he plans to torture and kill next. Holden’s defense lawyer says the journal is not to be believed, and that an inmate instructed his client to fabricate the diary to lay the groundwork for an insanity plea. But are his graphic and gruesome accounts to be believed, or are they the product of a con artist’s imagination?

WARNING:
The following contains explicit material. Parental discretion advised.

From January 2005:

http://lasvegassun.com/news/2005/jan/24/deal-is-made-in-killing-at-alleged-meth-house/

One of the two men accused in the killing of a 19-year-old at a home where alleged methamphetamine users lived pleaded guilty to lesser charges on Friday and is expected to be sentenced to five to 20 years.

Rodney Evans pleaded guilty to one count of voluntary manslaughter with use of a deadly weapon and one count of battery with use of a deadly weapon...

Evans admitted to entering the home with a baseball bat and preventing Sutton from trying to call 911. Deputy District Attorney Marc DiGiacomo said Evans hired Holden to be "the muscle" after problems arose between Evans, Sutton and Panek at the home they all lived in from time to time.

From August 2005:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/08/11/hitman.guilty/

After deliberating for about an hour, the panel of eight women and four men convicted Jim Holden of first-degree murder and four other counts stemming from the shooting death of 19-year-old Michael Panek.

Holden, 25, now faces life in prison without parole...

Police did not initially arrest Holden for the shooting. But detectives reopened the case after reviewing a 911 call that Sutton secretly made while Holden was pointing a gun at him and Panek... "[The journal] didn't weigh in at all," said one female juror who asked not to be identified. "It was the 911 call." In an enhanced recording of the call, several voices are heard threatening to kill Sutton and Panek and "beat the f--- out of them."

I googled the case and saw a pdf file that he (Holden) filled an appeal in 2014 citing ineffective counsel (for not having been advised of a plea deal). Unfortunately, I can't seem to paste it here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back