May 5, 2015 Rally Arkansas State Capitol Building to Reopen Case and Exonerate the WM

zencompass

Hope springs eternal
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I understand this Rally to reopen the case and to exonerate Damien, Jessie and Jason is scheduled for
May 5, 2015 on the steps of the Arkansas State Capitol Building in Little Rock. There are many hopes to get this case reopened with the goal towards true justice of this case on behalf of the three little boys who were murdered on May 5, 1993. Is anyone here planning to attend and what are your thoughts on this rally? I'm interested to hear!

Hello everyone,

I understand this Rally to reopen the case and to exonerate Damien, Jessie and Jason is scheduled for
May 5, 2015 on the steps of the Arkansas State Capitol Building in Little Rock. There are many hopes to get this case reopened with the goal towards true justice of this case on behalf of the three little boys who were murdered on May 5, 1993. Is anyone here planning to attend and what are your thoughts on this rally? I'm interested to hear!

Hi zen!

I would love to be at this rally, especially for the three little boys who were murdered. Unfortunately, I won't be able to this year. Last year I was with friends in Jackson, TN, and borrowed a car and went back to the former Robin Hood Woods and left a wreath at the memorial behind Weaver Elementary. It was quite sobering and left me with a sense of sorrow that their murderer is still walking the streets without any fear of punishment.

I wish everyone who attends well, and pray that it accomplishes something. I would really like to see the case re-opened, mistakes acknowledged, and justice finally prevail.

Until then, I will flap my arms and try to fly to the moon.

Take care, my friend!
GK

I can't go, but will be there in spirit. I hope and pray that the rally accomplishes its purpose.

Does anyone know why they decided to have the rally on the anniversary date of the murders of the children? It seems a bit odd to me to have it that day considering what happened and who the rally is for.

I don't know for sure, but I believe it's as a memorial of sorts for the little boys. I guess they could have chosen some random date, but May 5th is associated with the case. It wouldn't necessarily have been my choice, but it is a recognizable date.

Thanks for the question about the date. The rally to pressure the Governor to reopen the case will be held on May 5 because that is the day in 1993 that the boys were murdered and the three little boys deserve true justice and to have the case reopened and properly investigated. The day is especially to honour Stevie, Michael and Chris. People will rally and stand up for justice for the three little boys. My hope and prayers is that the Governor will have the case reopened because these little boys and their families deserve to know the truth and to have true justice. I always light a candle on May 5th to remember the boys and May 5th was chosen to remember them and I think that is touching.

I don't want anyone to get their noses out of joint, but Christians remember Jesus on the date of His death (as well as the date of His birth). Since we're dealing with three victims here, the one date that they have in common is May 5th. I just think it's a bit silly to get worked up about the date. The point is that the State of Arkansas needs to reopen this case and justice needs to be served.

Wouldn't it be awesome if Bill or Hillary Clinton would make an appearance at the rally? IIRC, they did send letters to the parents of the victims back in 1993, so they are familiar with the case

I don't think that will happen. I doubt that either of them were aware of the letters. They were probably sent out by the office of the President, like the acknowledgement someone receives when they reach 100 years of age. Since Hillary just announced that she is running for President, I don't think that they will make any acknowledgement of this rally. There are other reasons that I believe this way, but I don't want to say. It could be detrimental to my health!

Information about the rally from Mara Leveritt:

May 5, 2015 will mark the 22nd anniversary of the murders of three eight-year-old boys in West Memphis, Arkansas. Many of us, distressed by the dug-in injustice they've received, plan to observe the day with a march on the Arkansas State Capitol.
Marchers will gather at the Comfort Inn at 707 Interstate 30 for the roughly two-mile walk to the Capitol. Cars with flashers will lead and follow. If enough funds can be raised, a bus will be provided for people who can’t make the walk or who just want to ride. At the Capitol, 35 people will stand holding the letters that spell out "Leslie Rutledge Re-open this case.” Photos of the victims, Christopher Byers, Stevie Branch and Michael Moore, will be placed near the podium. We will sing the National Anthem, then a half-dozen people, including me, will speak briefly about the need for a new and honest examination of this case. Supporters will pass a petition to be signed, and we will end with a quiet benediction.
Arkansas officials seem to hope that citizens will accept the cockeyed notion that they convicted the boys’ actual killers but then abruptly freed them from prison 18 years later when they finally pleaded guilty to the crime, while continuing to state they are innocent. It’s an outrageous and insulting stance for state officials to try to maintain. We want this rally to show them that we know that deal had nothing to do with justice. Though 22 years have passed, we still want Arkansas officials to do the right thing: reopen the investigation and find out who really did murder these three little boys.
Save the date and spread the word. More info to follow.

Rally for West Memphis Three

For Immediate Release (Little Rock, Arkansas) A rally for the West Memphis Three will be held Tuesday May 5, 2015 in Little Rock, Arkansas. Supporters for the three wrongfully convicted men will travel from all over the Country in an effort to reopen the case and permanently clear their names. Members of the group will gather at the Comfort Inn and Suites Presidential, 707 I-30 at 12:00 and proceed to the steps of the Arkansas State Capitol Building. The rally is scheduled from 1:00-5:00 at 500 Woodlane Street, Little Rock Arkansas.

The date of the Rally coincides with the 22nd anniversary of the brutal murders of three eight year old boys in West Memphis, Arkansas. Stevie Branch, Michael Moore, and Christopher Byers. The wrongfully convicted, Damien Echols, Jason Baldwin and Jessie Misskelley were released in 2011 after serving 18 years and 78 days in prison for a crime they did not commit. The trio was released on a rarely used Alford Plea, having to submit a guilty plea, while maintaining their innocence in the case. Though free, the three men continue to live as convicted child murderers and the families of the victims continue to live with the unknown.

Justice for 6, a group formed in an effort to clear the names of the wrongly convicted hope to gain enough attention and support to prompt the Governor of Arkansas to reopen the closed case and correct the injustice served to Echols, Baldwin and Misskelley and look for the real killer responsible for this heinous crime.

Rally for West Memphis Three
Tuesday May 5, 2015
1:00 – 5:00 PM
Arkansas State Capitol Building
500 Woodlane Avenue
Little Rock, Arkansas 72201

I join others in hoping and praying the case is reopened for justice for Michael, Stevie and Chris.

I also wish I could attend, but I'm over in Europe and not due a holiday lol. I truly hope something might be announced, that something will happen that might get this case closer to justice and closer. However, I very much doubt it. :( It seems like nothing is going on behind the scenes since all of the defense teams have been disbanded. The WM3 got out, and no one is left to fight for justice for Stevie, Chris and Michael.

Is anyone here planning to attend?

Hey Graznik! Because of health issues I cannot attend tomorrow but oh I wish I could! I am hoping and praying that it will go well. I do believe that each day gets us closer to this case reopening for true justice for Stevie, Michael and Chris. Sending prayers and thoughts to all attending tomorrow...

Thank you so much Compassionate Reader for posting the livestream so we can watch tomorrow's rally!

Well, although no new information was released, I think the rally was successful. JMB's talk was heartfelt and the other scheduled speakers were equally impressive. Those at the end with unprepared remarks were less so, but I'm glad they had an opportunity to express their views, too. Although disappointed about the lack of anything new being released, I'm thinking that, doing so in that particular forum could have contaminated the new information and rendered it useless to use in a new trial. I'm still convinced that there is new information out there. Ellington asked the defense to turn over any new information to him (on the day of the presser after the Alford pleas). It just could be that this rally was a way of saying to Ellington and the State, "Do something or we'll make known what we've given to you." Again, I'll practice patience.

Patience is a grace and Grace is a naughty girl who did not wash her face!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back