CA - Transgender Teen, Who Revealed Honest Tales of Bullying, Takes Own Life

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Transgender Teen, Who Revealed Honest Tales of Bullying, Takes Own Life
Taylor Alesana, a transgender teen in California who spoke out about being bullied, committed
suicide last week.
(Photo: xxtayloralesanaxx/Instagram)

28203b696771d77d9dcdb4b4964e8b48fbcbc9c1.jpg

Taylor's YouTube Channel
Taylor Alesana's Facebook Page

A 16-year-old transgender teen who found popularity with her makeup tutorial videos on YouTube has committed suicide.

Taylor Alesana, a student at Fallbrook High School in California, had spoken out on YouTube recently about loneliness and the bullying she was experiencing at school. In a video posted in December, she revealed she was going to live publicly as a boy for a while. “I’ve had a very hard last couple of weeks,” she said. “I had to go back in the closet and dress like a boy and cut my nails off and cut my hair off. I did this for my own protection. I was being bullied a lot at school.”

In the video, titled “Update! *Sad*,” Alesana described incidents of harassment by other students, and said she did not feel safe at school. “When you’re a kid, parents always tell you sticks and stones may break your bones but names will never hurt you,” she said. “To me that’s not true. Words hurt, and words turn up to threats and threats turn up to physical violence.”

Alesana encouraged transgender teens in similar situations to go to their school administrators or to the police if necessary. “Do whatever you can to protect yourself,” she said. And while she said she would never let the bullies win, she felt she had to dress like a boy for the foreseeable future. “When … the bullies get better and they quit, and when the world changes – which it is changing everyday – when everything gets safer and people learn to accept trans people for who they are, then definitely, I will come back out. I will come back out with my heels a’blazin. My huge dresses on, some nice hair, I will, I promise I will.”
https://www.yahoo.com/parenting/transgender-teen-who-revealed-honest-tales-of-116036664802.html

Taylor Alesana described her struggles in one of the many videos she posted to her fans last November, saying; 'I’ve lost tons of friends, tons. And it’s been hell. I go to school every day, and I get my lunch and I sit down alone.'
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...fornia-kills-self-bullying.html#ixzz3XUnkrXdp
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

RIP Taylor. :rose: My heart felt prayers for family and friends. Also prayers for the world to become a kinder place for all.

I have no doubt she was bullied. To make the choice to dress as a male to placate someone else must have been so tough for her.

And Gawd! She's trying to cheer up others! Breaks my heart!
This is what she wrote on this youtube page.

Grab some tissues be aware ! I know you must be shocked at my appearance now I sadly am having to go back in the closet do to some recent events please do not give up you are loved !

[video=youtube;aU2YywE3JJI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aU2YywE3JJI[/video]

Heartbreaking! WTF is wrong with people today??

Geeze that poor soul. I hope her bullies have no peace.

and it is sad that bullies aren't just kids. As adults, anyone who is genderfluid, or has a brain that is one gender but a body that is the other, they are often bullied as adults and by adults too... just so sad...

I was shocked to see another trans teen had committed suicide and have started to share this sad news.

and it is sad that bullies aren't just kids. As adults, anyone who is genderfluid, or has a brain that is one gender but a body that is the other, they are often bullied as adults and by adults too... just so sad...

I was shocked to see another trans teen had committed suicide and have started to share this sad news.

I had to quit reading. It was breaking my heart. :(

there nothing in the link about any bully. She was unpopular apparently, and he wore girls clothes. his classmates arent required to share in or appreciate his choice of wardrobe

Fixed that for ya! And do some more reading. She was bullied.

Fixed that for ya! And do some more reading. She was bullied.

no link to any incident of bullying. dont have his files, his self diagnosis of transanything doent hake him a her

there nothing in the link about any bully. he was unpopular apparently, and he wore girls clothes. his classmates arent required to share in or appreciate his choice of wardrobe

Hi Tangelo,
Here is a link From Time that reports about her being bullied. It can be a cruel world for some kids.

(SAN DIEGO)—A 16-year-old transgender girl who spoke on YouTube about being bullied at school in Southern California killed herself, a support group said, raising questions about what educators can and should do to support students who change gender identity.

Taylor Alesana was constantly picked on by peers before taking her life last week, the North County LGBTQ Resource Center said.

no link to any incident of bullying. dont have his files, his self diagnosis of transanything doent hake him a her

I'm not sure if you have a firm grasp of transgender issues based on this comment. You don't have to be diagnosed with gender dysmorphia to identify as transgender.

I'm not sure if you have a firm grasp of transgender issues based on this comment. You don't have to be diagnosed with gender dysmorphia to identify as transgender.
so it's a choice? really

Hi Tangelo,
Here is a link From Time that reports about her being bullied. It can be a cruel world for some kids.
no link provided
and nothing in your quoted text about any bully (or any other articles Ive seen)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back