GUILTY OH - Glenara Bates, 2, tortured, starved to death, Cincinnati, 29 March 2015

delirious1

Reaction score
Hamilton Ohio
2 year old baby girl Glenara Bates beaten with belt and cord dropped on her head stitched together with needle and thread kept in a bathtub and starved to death. Her teeth had also been pulled.
The day she died she had 100 external injuries and weighed 13 pounds. Her parents have been charged.

WWW.wcpo.com/news/photos-of-glenara_bates-were -truely-awful

She's pregnant with her 8th child. She should have been sterilized years ago! What a horrible mother and father. Children and Family Services really screwed up giving these kids back to these monsters.

A woman Hamilton County officials accused of torturing her 2-year-old daughter to death will take a plea deal to avoid the death penalty, Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters told WCPO late Tuesday.

Andrea Bradley was indicted in April 2015 on on charges of aggravated murder, murder and felony child endangerment in connection with the death of her daughter (...)

Deters said Tuesday that defense attorneys approached his office about entering a plea in exchange for a sentence of life in prison without parole.

"Because of the current makeup of the Supreme Court of Ohio, it’s almost fruitless to seek the death penalty anymore," Deters told WCPO.

Bradley is scheduled for a court appearance at 9 a.m. Wednesday.

Glen Bates, Glenara's father, was indicted on the same charges as Bradley. Deters said Bates' mother is trying to talk him out of taking the deal.
http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news...oddler-case-to-take-plea-deal-prosecutor-says

She changed her mind:

A mother charged with the murder of her 2-year-old daughter will take her chances with a jury, she told the court during a Wednesday hearing.

Andrea Bradley, 29, of Cincinnati, declined a plea deal which would have taken the death penalty off the table.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif](...)
[/FONT]
Her defense attorneys explained that they had a potential agreement in place that would have taken the death penalty off the table, but Bradley turned it down. Her attorney Will Welsh went on the record today to make it clear she knows the stakes of going to trial.
http://m.wlwt.com/news/mom-rejects-...-death-penalty-at-girls-murder-trial/39716688

WTF???? Her teeth pulled out???????????????????????????????
Weighs what a 3 or 4 month old would weigh???????????????????????????????

And Child Services returned her.

I believe in Karma and Hell. I really worry for these authorities that returned her Home. I HOPE for Karma and Hell.

Among the injuries covering the body of a 2-year-old girl who officials say died after being starved and tortured were bite marks on her left arm and chest. Her father, Glen Bates, acknowledged to a Cincinnati police detective that he bit her “like a dog.”

“We’d be playing, like, doggie gonna get ya … and I’ll shake her. I probably bit her too hard,” he told Cincinnati police Detective Marcus McNeil. “It ain’t like she crying when I’m doing it. She playing. It’s a game, you feel me?”

(...)

The Enquirer has obtained the police department’s video-recorded interviews with Bates, who does not take responsibility for the battered and malnourished girl’s plight.

Bates’ attorneys had argued at a hearing last week in Hamilton County Common Pleas Court that what he told the detectives should not be admissible at trial. Judge Megan Shanahan denied the request, finding that the statements were made knowingly and voluntarily.

**Warning, the article contains graphic content!**
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/06/15/glenaras-dad-bit-her-dropped-her/85826282/

These cases are just getting more grotesque. Real creative defense: "doggie gonna get ya." I'm glad to see death penalty on the table, hope its a trend.

Death penalty or not, these people will get better care than this baby had .And the interview is beyond sickening. I hope the jailers forget to feed them. for starters.

I hate reading about cases like this when food is withheld. So unfair when both parents could easily be considered obese. Not right this little girl went without food and hurt physically as well. Makes me sick. God bless her little soul!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poor little girl.
As usual my response is: there are so many people out there, both childless and already parents, who would happily have taken her on and cared for her as their own.
If you don't want the children you have, why not just give them up? She was a baby, she wouldn't have been hard to adopt out I'm sure of it.

A 34-year-old man facing the death penalty in the killing of his 2-year-old daughter who officials say was starved and tortured has rejected another plea offer and will stand trial.

Jury selection is underway in Hamilton County Common Pleas Court in the trial of Glen Bates.

Bates and his girlfriend, Andrea Bradley, are charged with aggravated murder in the 2015 death of their daughter, Glenara. Both have turned down plea deals that would have removed the option of death sentences. Bradley’s case is being handled separately. In June, Bates turned down another plea deal
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...lty-trial-begins-case-tortured-girl/90691506/

Testimony resumed in the trial of a man charged with the murder of his toddler daughter. The jury heard from a homicide detective, a criminalist and Glen Bates himself.

Homicide detective Bill Hilbert testified about the injuries he saw on Glenara Bates at the time of her death. He said he'd never seen such abuse. "My first impression was I was looking at a six-month-old baby." When the prosecutor asked why, he replied:

"The weight, she was only 12 to 13 pounds, very emaciated, it just looked like an infant, not a 2-year-old toddler."
http://local12.com/news/local/jury-...ective-criminalist-and-father-in-murder-trial

I hope they get the death penalty. Sick, sick, sick.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes
Back